- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- Startup KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
Shareholder Agreement templates
What is a Shareholder’s Agreement?
This is an agreement that is made among a company’s shareholders to set out how the company should operate and the rights or obligations of the shareholders. It is primarily to ensure that shareholders are treated justly and that the rights they have as shareholders are respected and protected. Shareholders will also be able to make decisions regarding who- externally- will be able to become shareholders in the future. A shareholder’s agreement will ultimately protect both the company, and your investment in the company.
Structurally, the agreement will:
- -State the rights and the agreements of the shareholders
- -Regulate shares being sold in the company
- -Explain how the company will be managed
- -Set out how minority shareholders and the company will be protected
- -Explain how meaningful decisions are to be made
- -State rules referring to the company’s relationship with the shareholders.
Why is a Shareholders’ Agreement Important?
Legally, it is not obligatory to have a formal shareholders’ agreement. However, every company is advised to have one. This is because it ensures clarity and a degree of certainty over what is allowed and what is not allowed, what is possible and not possible, how the company is run, and the responsibilities of shareholders.
What are the main benefits of building your own Shareholders' Agreement?
- -The shareholders’ agreement provides more protection than that of the company’s articles of association.
- -A shareholders agreement is flexible in the way that it can contain anything that the shareholders have agreed to.
- -It clearly sets out the rights and regulations concerning decision-making. This is useful so that the power given to the Board of Directors is not abused, and so that shareholders and founders are fully protected.
- -The shareholders agreement is confidential and is not made public for external bodies to see.
- -It minimizes the risk of fall outs within the company.
- -Having a shareholders agreement can aid in obtaining finance because it presents stability and structure to potential partners.
- -It ensures that the personal circumstances of one shareholder won’t affect the company or the other shareholders.
- -It provides protection of the rights of minority shareholders.
Where can I find Shareholder Agreement Templates?
A number of Shareholder Agreement Templates and Examples have been shared on Eloquens by Venture Capital Associations, Entrepreneurs and Investors for you to download and use for your own company. Feel free to have a look below!
->If you’d like to know more about the importance of a shareholder’s agreement: 8 reasons why companies should have a shareholders' agreement
->If you’d like to know more about what a shareholder’s agreement is: What is a Shareholder Agreement
->If you’d like a deeper understanding into shareholders’ agreements and what they may contain, see this useful PDF: Shareholder Agreements
- A 35-page template to detail the terms and conditions of the shareholder relationship within a business57 remove_red_eyefreeby SKJ Juris
Stock Transfer Form TemplateA pre-made, ready to fill in template that is used to transfer shares to a new shareholder from an existing shareholder88 remove_red_eye
Share Certificate TemplateA pre-made certificate used when shares are either transferred or issued to a new shareholder for UK Ltd companies158 remove_red_eye
Shareholder Agreement TemplateA template document to draft your shareholder agreement when bringing new investors in.109 remove_red_eye
Option Agreement TemplateThis sample Stock Option Agreement is useful for drafting the terms and conditions of your company's stock option plan.93 remove_red_eye
Company Loan AgreementThis template can be used to document a loan you have taken from another investor.33 remove_red_eye
Convertible Note TemplateConvertible Note template to help you structure your own convertible note.39 remove_red_eye
Shareholders Agreement TemplateA Shareholder's Agreement beginning with introductory notes to aid understanding.121 remove_red_eyefreeby EBAN
Subscription & Shareholders Agreement TemplateTemplate designed for Subscription and Shareholders Agreement. (63 pages) Opinion included.133 remove_red_eyefreeby BVCA
Convertible Note & Advanced Subscription AgreementConvertible Note & ASA Templates by Seed Summit82 remove_red_eyefreeby Seed Summit
Series A Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement Template - NVCA ModelBuild your own Stock Purchase Agreement for your deal with this sample document built by the NVCA.175 remove_red_eyefreeby NVCA
Shareholders Agreement TemplateA simple template to help you bring your new shareholders on board on a legal standpoint33 remove_red_eye
Warrant Form Template to Purchase SharesWarrant Template used to grant somebody the right to purchase shares.49 remove_red_eye
Pre-Shareholder Agreement TemplatePre-Shareholder Agreement Template for entrepreneurs in -2 & -1 stages or that are currently building a team.136 remove_red_eye
Shareholders AgreementThis shareholders agreement template has been created for startup founders .182 remove_red_eye
Shareholders Agreement Sample TemplateSample shareholders agreement- unprofessionally drafted- to get you started.35 remove_red_eye
- Have a Shareholder Agreement Template to share?
Your Shareholder Agreement TemplatePublish your template
Have a Shareholder Agreement template to share?Publish a template
Any questions on Shareholder Agreements?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!