- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Capital Budgeting
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Excel VBA
- Financial Markets
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Loan Amortization
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Oil & Gas
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Variance Analysis
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Ansoff Matrix
- Balanced Scorecard
- BCG Growth-Share Matrix
- Business Model Canvas -
- Business Plans
- Competitor Analysis
- Consulting Proposals
- Due Diligence
- Executive Summary
- Heat Maps
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Management Consulting
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
- Market Sizing
- Nine-Box Matrix
- PEST & PESTEL Analysis
- Sales -
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Waterfall Charts
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Mobile App Finance
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Leadership & HR
KPI Dashboard templates
What is a KPI dashboard?
A Key Performance indicator dashboard collects, groups, organizes and visualizes an organization’s important metrics. In this way, KPI reporting serves multiple purposes within a firm.
But what are KPIs exactly?
KPIs or Key Performance indicators are ways to periodically assess the performance of an organization, business unit, a division or employees. They commonly serve the purpose of being understandable, meaningful, and measurable.
Hence, KPI reporting is ultimately used by different parties to evaluate the effectiveness of a firm at reaching its targets.
But why is a Startup KPI Dashboard useful?
• A KPI dashboard provides a general overview of business performance and expected growth.
• KPI reporting enables organizations to access indicators, which support them in making informed decisions.
• A KPI provides real time information about the performance of a business. This enables them to know how effectively it is achieving business objectives at a given time period.
• KPI dashboards identify problem areas and help teams tackle specific problems. This is given that they are linked to target values, meaning that performance can be assessed.
How are key performance indicators chosen for a given dashboard?
Using the SMART approach. This means that the KPI must:
- Be Specific: serve a specific purpose for the firm.
- Be Measurable: needs to give a value.
- Be Achievable: the defined norms for the KPI need to achievable.
- Be Relevant: needs to be relevant to the long-term goals of the firm.
- Be Time-Phased: the output should be based on a pre-defined and relevant period.
What are the different types of a KPI Dashboard?
Firstly, it is crucial to differentiate the types of KPIs. There exists high-level KPIs, which focus on the overall performance of the business, while low-level KPIs, focus on department process.
Also, not all key performance indicators are financial. They can also be non-financial meaning that they focus rather on customers and employees; for example, employee turnover.
For this reason, there exists different types of KPI dashboards that depend on the aims of the party utilizing it. A few examples are the following:
- • CEO/Executive KPI dashboard: an aggregated overview of a company’s performance and profitability. This would include sensitive KPIs, that would only be accessible to high-level executives.
- • Project management KPI Dashboard: reflects the performance of employees in a project as well as the performance of the project itself. It is aimed at keeping everyone aware of the achievements and the goals yet to be achieved.
- • Marketing KPI dashboard: reflects the digital marketing metrics of the organization, and provides an overview of the marketing team’s performance
- • Sales KPI dashboard: reflects the performance of the sales department. This helps sales managers visualize how each salesperson performs, how much income can be expected from new deals as well as depicting when marketing campaigns need to be addressed.
You don’t necessarily need to build your own dashboard from step 0. The Eloquens catalogue provides you with both KPI dashboard templates and KPI guides for creating your dashboard, which you can customize to your firm.
Also, if you’d like more information on KPI dashboards and KPI reporting, have a look at the links below:
- A simple KPI sheet for early-stage SaaS startups with a low-touch sales model.7,764 remove_red_eye
SaaS Metrics 2.0 DashboardA dashboard to help founders manage their SaaS business6,487 remove_red_eyefreeby David Skok
Social Media Metrics Excel DashboardAn excel template for employees to understand the performance of social media channels for their organisation.4,808 remove_red_eye
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.3,378 remove_red_eyefreeby Version One
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.4,299 remove_red_eyefreeby Amit Karp
SaaS Model & KPIsA simple model to define and track your key metrics as a SaaS Startup1,893 remove_red_eyefreeby Ryan Carson
SaaS Cohort Analysis ModelA simple cohort analysis spreadsheet to understand how you are doing on your KPIs (Churn, Customer Lifetime etc.)1,455 remove_red_eye
The Complete Guide to SaaS MetricsFind out what are the must-have metrics each SaaS company should track + how to calculate them1,035 remove_red_eyefreeby Alex Flom
Revenue and Expenses Excel DashboardA succinct Excel Dashboard report which focuses acutely on organisation's revenue and expenses in the outputs.770 remove_red_eye
Cohort Analysis in 3 minutes: an Excel exampleA simple step-by-step explanation of how to do cohort analysis.1,631 remove_red_eyefreeby Daisy Deng
SaaS Metrics Excel Cheat SheetThis SaaS Metics Cheat Sheet contains all the formulas you need when building your first SaaS metrics dashboard or model907 remove_red_eye
Customer Lifetime Value Excel TemplateThis Excel template helps you to calculate the revenue you receive from a customer over their lifetime.827 remove_red_eye
Corporate Summary Excel DashboardA succinct Corporate Summary Excel dashboard report which displays a range of organisational metrics (actual vs plan).653 remove_red_eye
Human Resources Excel DashboardA succinct Excel Dashboard report, which focusses acutely on Human Resources outputs.659 remove_red_eye
Sample Investor Monthly Report TemplateReport on your progress to investors using the monthly report template.884 remove_red_eye
A Beginner's Guide to KPIsA guide to today's most prominent and commonly used KPIs for businesses.767 remove_red_eyefreeby KlipFolio
- Have an Excel KPI Dashboard to share?
Your Startup KPI Dashboard TemplatePublish your dashboard
Lifetime Value (LTV)
Startup Financial Models
Industry Specific Financial Models
Any questions on KPI Dashboards?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!