- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- Startup KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
Startup KPI Dashboard templates
What is a Startup KPI dashboard?
A Key Performance indicator dashboard collects, groups, organizes and visualizes an organization’s important metrics. In this way, KPI reporting serves multiple purposes within a firm.
But what are KPIs exactly?
KPIs or Key Performance indicators are ways to periodically assess the performance of an organization, business unit, a division or employees. They commonly serve the purpose of being understandable, meaningful, and measurable.
Hence, KPI reporting is ultimately used by different parties to evaluate the effectiveness of a firm at reaching its targets.
But why is a Startup KPI Dashboard useful?
• A KPI dashboard provides a general overview of business performance and expected growth.
• KPI reporting enables organizations to access indicators, which support them in making informed decisions.
• A KPI provides real time information about the performance of a business. This enables them to know how effectively it is achieving business objectives at a given time period.
• KPI dashboards identify problem areas and help teams tackle specific problems. This is given that they are linked to target values, meaning that performance can be assessed.
How are key performance indicators chosen for a given dashboard?
Using the SMART approach. This means that the KPI must:
- Be Specific: serve a specific purpose for the firm.
- Be Measurable: needs to give a value.
- Be Achievable: the defined norms for the KPI need to achievable.
- Be Relevant: needs to be relevant to the long-term goals of the firm.
- Be Time-Phased: the output should be based on a pre-defined and relevant period.
What are the different types of a KPI Dashboard?
Firstly, it is crucial to differentiate the types of KPIs. There exists high-level KPIs, which focus on the overall performance of the business, while low-level KPIs, focus on department process.
Also, not all key performance indicators are financial. They can also be non-financial meaning that they focus rather on customers and employees; for example, employee turnover.
For this reason, there exists different types of KPI dashboards that depend on the aims of the party utilizing it. A few examples are the following:
- • CEO/Executive KPI dashboard: an aggregated overview of a company’s performance and profitability. This would include sensitive KPIs, that would only be accessible to high-level executives.
- • Project management KPI Dashboard: reflects the performance of employees in a project as well as the performance of the project itself. It is aimed at keeping everyone aware of the achievements and the goals yet to be achieved.
- • Marketing KPI dashboard: reflects the digital marketing metrics of the organization, and provides an overview of the marketing team’s performance
- • Sales KPI dashboard: reflects the performance of the sales department. This helps sales managers visualize how each salesperson performs, how much income can be expected from new deals as well as depicting when marketing campaigns need to be addressed.
You don’t necessarily need to build your own dashboard from step 0. The Eloquens catalogue provides you with both Startup KPI dashboard templates and KPI guides for creating your dashboard, which you can customize to your firm.
Also, if you’d like more information on KPI dashboards and KPI reporting, have a look at the links below:
- This report summaries a range of financial and non financial data in a succinct 1 page summary which is highly pliable.131 remove_red_eye
Startup KPI Analysis – Ecommerce/Digital Payment - Excel ModelAn effective model to monitor and analyse financial performance of a startup.364 remove_red_eye$99.00by Dane Putranto
Data Trends by Month Dashboard ExcelThis dashboard shows a range of operational, financial and HR information with comparison, trend and variance to plan.51 remove_red_eye
Key Financial Metrics Report Excel ModelThe workbook compares a range of metrics by region. It is simple to update and presents data clear concise way.94 remove_red_eye
Company KPI Dashboard Model - by DepartmentThis KPI dashboard summarises financial data by department and allows drill through on multiple levels.94 remove_red_eye
KPI Excel Dashboard ModelThis financial KPI dashboard displays a range of organisational metrics (actual v plan) in a clear succinct summary.45 remove_red_eye
Analyze SaaS Bookings + Automated KPI DashboardThis model allows you to gain a deep understanding of how your SaaS bookings have performed over time.894 remove_red_eye$189.00by Adam Jernigan
Dashboard for Budget DataDetailed and extensive dashboard tool for monitoring and visualising your budgeting65 remove_red_eye
Scoring Model Excel TemplateThis tool can be used to define the priority of action regarding products, employees, customers, etc.104 remove_red_eye
KPI Tracking Excel TemplateA template that shows some structured columns about sales of various skus and how that can be used for KPI tracking.333 remove_red_eyefreeby Jason Varner
Customer Lifetime Value Excel TemplateThis Excel template helps you to calculate the revenue you receive from a customer over their lifetime.333 remove_red_eye
SaaS Metrics Excel Cheat SheetThis SaaS Metics Cheat Sheet contains all the formulas you need when building your first SaaS metrics dashboard or model392 remove_red_eye
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.2,230 remove_red_eyefreeby Version One
Startup Viral Growth Excel ModelModeling viral growth at your startup: excel model and explanatory article to walk you through the spreadsheet.144 remove_red_eye
Life Time Value (LTV) Excel Spreadsheet CalculatorExcel calculator and explanatory article to help you work out your LTV.233 remove_red_eyefreeby David Skok
OKR, PPP and KPI manager Excel Model for small startup teamsThis guide and spreadsheet is to help teams of up to 20 members manage their KPIs, OKRs, & PPPs.298 remove_red_eye
- Have an Excel KPI Dashboard to share?
Your Startup KPI Dashboard TemplatePublish your dashboard
Have a Startup KPI Dashboard template to share?Publish a template
Any questions on Startup KPI Dashboards?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!