- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Capital Budgeting
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Excel VBA
- Financial Markets
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Oil & Gas
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Mobile App Finance
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
- Advisor Agreements
- Articles Of Incorporation
- Code Of Conduct
- Employee Contracts
- Human Resources
- Intellectual Property (IP) Agreements
- Internal Audit
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Operating (or Founder) Agreements
- Project Management
- Sales & Purchase Agreements (SPA)
- Shareholder Agreements
- Startup Term Sheets
What is a marketplace?
A marketplace is a platform wherein 2 or more parties meet and interact for the purpose of trade. This can be physically or online. For example; a shopping mall, or Amazon online where buyers and sellers are brought together. Marketplaces usually gain profits from extracting a percentage of the revenue that has derived from a transaction made on the marketplace. Fixed transactional fees are also common.
Advantages of a marketplace business model:
• Similarly to a Freemium model, a marketplace model can benefit from a design that allows adding of more and more users to create a network effect.
• Each party benefits from a large network on either side.
• Value grows as the network increases.
• As the marketplace grows, so do your returns. A larger network makes it easier to attract and retain customers, therefore increasing profits as the network grows.
• Round-the-clock service.
Disadvantages of a marketplace business model:
• It is necessary to have both buyers and sellers. You cannot have one without the other, and unless you have a strong network comprised of both, your marketplace will fail.
• In a large marketplace, you must help to connect buyer and seller, i.e. facilitate their search.
• A high level of trust and customer confidence must be in place in order for customers to use your marketplace. If a seller on your marketplace jeopardises this, it can have a direct effect on the reputation of your marketplace. It is necessary to ensure you have the measures in place to deal with problematic transactions.
Most famous online marketplaces:
- ->Amazon: The largest online marketplace in the USA. Began as an online bookstore but now sells all types of goods from food to cars.
- ->Ebay: One of the pioneers in online marketplaces.
- ->Etsy: One of the most popular online marketplaces, focusing on vintage, handmade, and hard-to-get items.
- ->Bonanza: Over 25,000 sellers of fashion, collectibles, home furnishings etc
- ->Alibaba: Leading marketplace in Asia selling every type of product
By the way, Eloquens.com is also a marketplace, this time for "Business Tools". On this platform, you can publish any tool that has been useful for you in the past and that you would like to share for free or for a price to a targeted set of users. Eloquens is also a new kind of marketplace as all users are identifiable and interactions are highly encouraged between the two parties (authors and users).
- A full guide dedicated and geared at Marketplace Startups935 remove_red_eyefreeby Version One
The Marketplace CalculatorThis Marketplace Calculator will help you evaluate potential opportunities on more than one or two variables.614 remove_red_eye
Marketplace Financial Excel ModelAn Excel startup financial model template in a marketplace business model. For valuation and forecasting.2,317 remove_red_eyefreeby Asen Gyczew
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.2,816 remove_red_eyefreeby Version One
Two-Sided Marketplace Financial Excel ModelExcel Model and Explanatory PDF for a 2-Sided Marketplace focusing on a shared economy platform.1,523 remove_red_eyefreeby Justin Potts
Building a Marketplace BusinessEren Bali, Co-Founder & Chairman of Udemy, gives a talk on building a marketplace business.79 remove_red_eyefreeby e27
How to Drive Marketplace Customers to Your WebsiteThis video contains tips on how to drive customers to your website by using 3rd-party marketplaces such as Amazon75 remove_red_eyefreeby Reply Manager
Marketplace Template: How to Build and Launch an Online Marketplace in Less Than 2.5 hoursAndrew Pyle gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to build your own online marketplace in less than three hours.104 remove_red_eyefreeby Andrew Pyle
Lending as a Service (LaaS): Running and Exit Financial Excel Model - 10 YearThis model is specific for a lending marketplace operator (Peer2Peer).72 remove_red_eye$95.00by Jason Varner
Network/Marketplace Startup 5-Year Financial Model with Cap TablePlan out the assumptions for a startup network and see what the 5-year forecast looks like.86 remove_red_eye$45.00by Jason Varner
How to Build a Two-Sided MarketplaceIn this video, Dan Martell explains 3 strategies to building a successful 2-sided marketplace.84 remove_red_eyefreeby Dan Martell
- Have a Marketplace Tool to Share?
Your Marketplace ToolPublish your tool
Any questions on Marketplaces?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!