- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
Balanced Scorecard templates
Thinking of a tool which could fit in this category? Tell us
What is a Balanced Scorecard?
A balanced scorecard (BSC) is a strategic management tool that is used to measure business performance and aims to identify and improve various internal functions of a business and their resulting external outcomes. It also measures and provides feedback to other businesses. The collection of data is critical to providing quantitative results, as managers interpret the gathered information, and use it for better decision-making within the organization.
What is the Purpose of the Balanced Scorecard?
The balanced scorecard reinforces good behaviors within a business by isolating four areas that need to be analysed. These areas involve learning and growth, business processes, customers and finance. The balanced scorecard can be used to reach objectives and initiatives that result from these four areas of a business. Firms can identify any factors that could potentially hinder their performance and outline strategic changes tracked by future scorecards. It also uses the balanced scorecard for strategy implementation mapping to see where there is added value within the business.
Advantages of the Balanced Scorecard
• The BSC presents organisational goals on one single page that is broken down into relatable areas.
• BSC improves innovation and process improvement methods and ensures that the customer’s voice is equally as important.
• It does not exclude other methods of business reporting.
• BSC can provide a visual way of showing how different goals are related.
• The concept is straightforward, meaning it is easy for managers to use. No advanced training is required.
Disadvantages of the Balanced Scorecard
• The performance of the BSC is subjective.
• It does not include any direct financial analysis of risk management or economic value.
• Some abstract goals are easily attainable but difficult to quantify.
• In the situation where a company fails to meet its BSC goals, the goals may be re-interpreted to the current state of affairs either to avoid failure or meet success. Changing acceptance criteria for a BSC is easier than changing the criteria for mechanical parts, and thus the reject rate.
- A basic balanced scorecard template suitable for businesses that want to get to grips with the BSC concept.399 remove_red_eyefreeby Smartsheet
How to Build a Balanced Scorecard for a Startup CompanyLearn how to build a BSC for a startup company in a clear and concise way, written by expert Aleksey Savkin.72 remove_red_eye
Multi-Criteria Analysis (Balance Scorecard) TemplateThis balance scorecard will help you analyze and compare strategic alternatives based on financial and other criteria.47 remove_red_eye
How to use A Balanced Scorecard in Your Strategic PlanThis video explains how to use the balanced scorecard concept in your strategic plan, with examples.45 remove_red_eye
How to Create a Balanced ScorecardA short and easy-to-understand guide on how to create a balanced scorecard.43 remove_red_eye
Strategy 101 - Balanced ScorecardA short video on the importance of the balanced scorecard in organisations.22 remove_red_eye
How to Build a Balanced Scorecard with KPIsLearn, by using a customer service example, how to build a balanced scorecard.30 remove_red_eyefreeby BSC Designer
How to Implement an Effortless Balanced ScorecardThis tool explains 5 steps you should follow to implement an effortless balanced scoresheet.29 remove_red_eye
- Have a Balanced Scorecard to share?
Your Balanced Scorecard TemplatePublish your template
Any questions on Balanced Scorecard?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!