Market Analysis templates
What is Market Analysis in Strategy Consulting?
A market analysis is an evaluation carried out in order to assess the suitability of a particular market for your industry. This may be before increasing efforts in your current market, or before expanding into a new market.
Why would you conduct a market analysis?
- -It can allow you to evaluate the attractiveness of a market
- -It can pinpoint future or current risks of operating in that market
- -Market analysis provides a well-rounded view of potential markets
- -It identifies market characteristics that may present themselves as opportunities or threats
What Should a Market Analysis include?
- -Industry Statistics:
-> Figures that will help you define the industry such as:
- Current size
- Rate of growth
- Trends in the market
-> Who are your competitors in this market?
- -> Strengths and weaknesses of competitors?
-> What is currently preventing you from entering in this market if anything?
-Market Test Results:
-> An outline of what was found in your initial market research investigation
-> Analysis of target customer
- Their demographics (age, location, gender, lifestyle preferences, income)
- Potential size of target market
- How you plan to reach them
- Their potential purchasing power
-The product you’re going to sell:
-> Any data you have collected that proves your product will sell in the given market
Why is Market Analysis Important?
- 1/ It focuses on the customer
Market analysis allows your company to understand why customers may use your product and tailor it to suit.
- 2/ It forces your company to look inwards
Market analysis enables you to be completely objective and ask the question why customers would buy from you.
- 3/ Market Analysis forces you to identify, evaluate, agree upon, and believe in your company’s USP
When determining how you’re going to differentiate yourself from the competition, it forces you to pick a method of differentiation and analyse how you can use it effectively to enter the market.
If you'd like to read more about:
- Success starts with understanding your customers - this book will teach you how to do it.354 remove_red_eye58
Competitor Key FiguresAn overview of your competitor's main figures evolution through several graphs.713 remove_red_eye141$10.00by WMI Consulting
Matrix Technology/ MarketsShow the value of disruptive technologies meeting specific markets193 remove_red_eye37
Compared features of competitionShow a clear comparison of your competitors' key features121 remove_red_eye21
Long-list and criteriaA table that shows your evaluation and ranking of potential partners or acquisition targets80 remove_red_eye13
Success Factors OverviewDisplay your key success factors in an "at a glance" visual layout.59 remove_red_eye13$5.00by WMI Consulting
Predicting and Managing Consumers’ Package Size ImpressionsPredict how changes in packaging size and shape influence size impressions66 remove_red_eye10
Seven Steps to Market TestingA 7 step guide to help you understand your potential market before starting anything in business76 remove_red_eye15
10 Tips To Remember before Talking to Humans10 DOs and DONT's before going ahead and talking to your future potential customers58 remove_red_eye12
Product Pricing Strategy InsightsMastering the Art of Pricing: What the Textbooks Don't Teach You139 remove_red_eye21freeby Bing Gordon
Largest Operators and Key FiguresUnderstand how to describe the main actors on a market.39 remove_red_eye6
Recap of Category 1 ActorsBuild a valuable description of the leading actors on a market.26 remove_red_eye6
Country EvaluationGive a clear benchmark of your potential national markets.37 remove_red_eye7
Positioning and Size vs CompetitionShow graphically your positioning compared to your competitors.50 remove_red_eye8
The Easter Island Pentagon FrameworkA 5 branch academic framework to analyse the chances of a company's future success or failure.New!Like!
- Have a Market Analysis Template?
Your Market Analysis TemplatePublish your template
Any questions on Market Analysis?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!