- Valuation Models
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Private Equity
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Financial Markets
- Investment Banking
- Excel Add-Ins
- Stock Valuation
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Hedge Fund Models
- Wealth Management
- Engineering & Tech
Thinking of a tool which could fit in this category? Tell us
What is a Roadmap?
A roadmap is a view of your goals and deliverables laid out on a timeline. Unlike a plan, roadmaps are not very detailed. They should be concise, to the point, and clearly laid out. A roadmap should communicate the reasons behind what you’re building.
What does a roadmap do?
A roadmap visually presents where your business is at, where it’s going, and how it’s going to get there. It focuses efforts towards goals and communicates plans. It shows practical steps necessary to achieve goals.
Objectives of a roadmap
- -Describe vision
- -Outline strategy and how to execute it
- -Facilitate planning based around scenarios
- -Facilitate communication with stakeholders and customers
Why should you build a roadmap?
- -They identify gaps in your planning
- -It acts as a guide for your team, and something to refer to should a stage in your planning take a change in direction
- -Allows full consideration of potential strategies and implementation methods
- -Roadmaps incorporate time, which is what differentiates a roadmap from a business plan. This allows for more meticulous planning and more structure in your implementation.
- -They help with prioritization. At every stage of the roadmapping process, the focus is on the most important things.
- -With a roadmap, your company can better and more easily communicate your strategic plans and future objectives to customers, investors and stakeholders.
- -Finally, building the roadmap together ensures that each team member has a sense of understanding and insights from many functions can be shared within the same space for a common goal.
Who uses roadmaps?
- -Product managers
- -IT teams
If you’d like to read more on this topic, visit:
- Show your concept/business/project/startup development on an ascending graph roadmap.1,382 remove_red_eye162
Growth boost chartShow how your strategy will boost your company's growth with a single effective visual aid.266 remove_red_eye31
Growth roadmapShow your concept/business/project development on an ascending graph.264 remove_red_eye33$5.00by WMI Consulting
How to Buy Checklist21 golden rules to follow before buying anything for your business48 remove_red_eye7
Simple GANTT Chart Template for Kick-offsThe GANTT chart template used by Paua Ventures to kick off meetings with our new investments.155 remove_red_eye19
The Pitch Deck Roadmap Tool for Every StartupThis Pitch Deck Roadmap helps you to improve your pitch slides so that you can fundraise effectively.44 remove_red_eyeLike!freeby Mike Lingle
- Have a Roadmap template to share?
Your Roadmap TemplatePublish your template
Any questions on Roadmaps?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!