Publication number: ELQ-82863-1
View all versions & Certificate
Three-Stage Dividend Discount Model
Value the equity in a firm with three stages of growth
Prof. Aswath Damodaran offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Cost of Equity
- Current Earnings per share
- Growth Rate in Earnings per share - Initial High - - Growth phase
- Historical Growth
- Outside Estimates
- Fundamental Growth
- Weighted Average
- Payout Ratio for high growth phase
- Stable Growth Phase
- Growth Rate in Stable Phase
- Payout Ratio in Stable Phase
- Cost of Equity in Stable Phase
- Price at the end of growth phase
- Present Value of dividends in high growth phase
- Present Value of dividends in transition phase
- Present Value of Terminal Price
- Value of the stock
Best suited for firms paying residual cash in dividends, while having high growth.
1. The firm is assumed to be in an extraordinary growth phase currently.
2. This extraordinary growth is expected to last for an initial period that has to be specified.
3. The growth rate declines linearly over the transition period to a stable growth rate.
4. The firm's dividend payout ratio changes consistently with the growth rate.
People using this tool also downloaded
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.5,941 remove_red_eye
Valuation: Free Cash Flow to Firm (FCFF) vs Free Cash flow to Equity (FCFE) Excel ModelExcel Valuation model that reconciles FCFF (Free Cash Flow to the Firm) and FCFE (Free Cash Flow to Equity)4,687 remove_red_eye
Cash Flow Return on Investment (CFROI) for a Firm Excel ModelThis Excel model calculates CFROI (Cash Flow Return on Investment).4,218 remove_red_eye
Capital Budgeting Analysis Excel ModelThis Excel Model allows you to do a basic capital budgeting analysis for a project, and compute NPV, IRR and ROI3,006 remove_red_eye
Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) Valuation Excel ModelAn Excel Model to value firms with operating income that is either positive or can be normalized to be positive.1,656 remove_red_eye
Merger Synergy Valuation Excel ModelThis Excel Model estimates the value of synergy in a merger.1,475 remove_red_eye
Valuation of an Income Generating Property - Excel ModelThis Excel Valuation Model can be used to value property generating income.1,085 remove_red_eye
Value of Control in a Firm - Excel ModelThis Excel model analyzes the value of control in a firm.1,416 remove_red_eye
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Excel ModelThis DCF Excel Model provides a rough guide to which discounted cash flow model may be best suited to your firm.1,240 remove_red_eye
Economic Value Added (EVA) vs Cost of Capital Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Valuation Excel ModelExcel Tool for reconciling EVA (Economic Value Added) and DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) valuation models1,335 remove_red_eye
Dividend Discount ModelA complete dividend discount model that can do stable growth, 2-stage or 3-stage valuation.1,266 remove_red_eye
FCFF (Free Cash Flow for the Firm) Excel Model with exposure to country riskAn Excel FCFF Model allowing the user to enter a measure of company exposure to country risk when making a valuation606 remove_red_eye
Any questions on Three-Stage Dividend Discount Model?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!