Last version published: 03/06/2022 11:39
Publication number: ELQ-67981-2
View all versions & Certificate
Green Hydrogen using Electrolysis and onsite Solar Plant – 3 Statements, Cash Waterfall & NPV/IRR Analysis
Project Level Financial Model for Feasibility Analysis of Setting up and operating a Green Hydrogen Production Plant
Fin-wiser’s Green Hydrogen Production Plant model helps users to assess the financial viability of setting and operating a hydrogen gas production project using the Electrolysis Process and an onsite Solar Plant for providing electricity.
The Model includes assumptions related to:
1. Development cost, Construction costs, and Developer’s Fee
2. Plant processing capacity, water received per month, conversion factor, and storage capacity.
3. Hydrogen Gas Sales, Gate fees, and other sources of revenue.
4. Cost of Electricity, Water Storage Cost, Variable O&M cost per Kg (divided into 8 subheads such as staff, water, consumables, transport, and fuel), and other fixed costs (SPV, insurance, land lease, community payment, management fee & more)
5. Flexible Funding Profile – Cash equity, Bridge Loan, Bank Debt, DSRA, and Bank overdraft
6. Working Capital Assumptions related to accounts receivables and payables
7. Straight Line and Accelerated Depreciation option
8. Annuity, Sculpted Debt, and Even Principal Repayment options
9. Inflation and Indexation
10. VAT during the construction and operations phase
11. Decommissioning cost and reserve, if required
Model Output includes:
1. Project IRR & NPV
2. Equity IRR & NPV
3. Minimum and Average DSCR
4. LLCR and PLCR
5. Equity Payback Period
6. Cash Waterfall
7. Debt Service Profile
8. Integrated Financial Statements
9. Fully Integrated Dashboard
Model Package includes:
1. Excel-based financial model (Excel binary format i.e. xlsb)
2. Macro Word Document – This includes the VBA Code used in the model for the user’s reference
Why Fin-wiser’s Financial Model Template:
1. Our model allows greater flexibility in terms of deciding upon the forecast period length. Users can choose from Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, or Annual forecast period lengths. This provides more detailed data for Analysis.
2. The model is divided into two phases i.e. Construction and Operations. The user has the flexibility to decide upon each period length individually and can also choose to populate each model phase on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual basis.
3. All revenue and cost assumptions can be input into 3 scenarios. This helps users to assess the impact of multiple business scenarios in one model. This can be operated simply with a click of a button.
4. The Debt funding drawdown has 3 scenarios that can help users to assess the impact on the IRR and make the best possible negotiations with the financial institutions.
5. The debt repayment has been profiled with 3 scenarios i.e. Annuity payment, Even Principal Payment and Debt sculpted repayment. You can change the scenario with a click of a button and assess the impact on IRR.
6. The model is built with Financial Modeling Best Practice and has clearly defined input, calculations, output cells, and tabs to help even a rookie excel user operate the model efficiently.
7. Our Models are thoroughly reviewed and Quality checked for Arithmetic and Logical flow
1. Model uses Macros (VBA) especially to consider the interest during the construction phase in the Uses of Funds Table. To run the model optimally, keep macros enabled. In case you do not like Macros, you could manually disable or remove the Macros and will have to rework the model’s logic to be used without Macros but it is not recommended by the author.
2. Model is built using Microsoft Excel 2019 version for Windows. Please note, on certain Mac laptops or MS Excel prior to 2007, Excel with Macros can slow down your computer if your PC does not have enough processing power.
3. We advise not to delete or insert rows and columns into the model if you are not aware of the model structure as it can distort model functioning. If you need assistance with customizing the model template, the author is more than willing to help you. Simply contact us at email@example.com and send your model template as well as specifications. We will then get back to you with a quotation for the customization service (billable hours & completion date).
4. Model uses Cell Styles
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Model and 1 PDF
Acquire business license for $149.00
Add to cart
Add to bookmarks
Assess the financial viability of a green hydrogen gas production plant (using electrolysis)
Applicable to green hydrogen gas production plant (using electrolysis) only