Publication number: ELQ-49973-1
View all versions & Certificate
Real Estate Proforma Excel Template
This is a Real Estate Pro Forma Template in Excel.
The first thing you have to do when it comes to a real estate investment decision is to build a real estate pro forma, which really just means a cash flow projection. The following components are generally found in all real estate proformas.
Potential Gross Income (PGI)
This item found in the top line makes up the cash that could potentially be generated if the property was 100% leased. To forecast potential gross income is a function of both contractual lease terms, market rents included. Firstly, for each contractual lease in place on the rent roll, the cash flow is calculated for each year within the holding period.This considers the lease terms that are specific to each tenant.
Secondly, if in the holding period there is any period of time which is not covered by a contractual lease, the market rent is forecasted with the aim of determining cash flow that could potentially be generated considering the then prevailing market conditions.To project possible rental income will often involve taking into account renewal assumptions after the lease has expired. This includes forecasting tenant improvements, reimbursements, abatement, market leasing conditions, etc.
It is not realistic to make the assumption that a property will be fully leased forever, the vacancy allowance line item found on a real estate proforma is intended to account for expected vacancy. You can calculate vacancy in a number of different ways.
You'll usually find other income items after vacancy allowance on the real estate proforma. These generally aren't a part of contractual leases, but they'll still provide additional revenue for the property.
Effective Gross Income (EGI)
You get effective rental income as a result when you take away the vacancy allowance from potential rental income, and then add other income items.
These will include things like property management fees, insurance, taxes, and utilities.
Net Operating Income (NOI)
To get the net operating income, you subtract all operating expenses from the EGI for a property. This is probably the most commonly used indicator of cash flow when it comes to commercial real estate. It's worth noting that NOI ignores expenditures that are irregular like tenant improvement allowances, leasing commissions, and certain capital improvement expenditures.
These are expense items with regards to the property that don't occur regularly or that are specific to the investor. For example, leasing commissions, debt service, tenant improvement allowances, or reserves for replacement.
Before Tax Cash Flow (BTCF)
This allows a clear picture of the free cash flow that is available before taxes to the owners of a property.
Reversion Cash Flows
This is a value that is estimated in various ways with the aim of arriving at a net sales proceeds figure.
*Originally shared on Property Metrics.com*
This business tool includes
1 Real Estate Proforma Excel Template
Property Metrics offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Tracy Cervellone CEO(last updated: 22/03/2019 23:44)
- Douglas Walker(last updated: 22/03/2019 15:52)
- 현성 나(last updated: 20/03/2019 17:53)
- Vu Trang(last updated: 07/03/2019 02:26)
- Jacob Rosen(last updated: 06/03/2019 02:51)
- Sampath Dinusha(last updated: 05/03/2019 11:57)
- Gilberto J. Colin(last updated: 04/03/2019 14:06)
- Neil Habig(last updated: 03/03/2019 01:15)
- Michael Sacks(last updated: 02/03/2019 22:34)
- Kim Jichang(last updated: 24/02/2019 07:14)
- Ketan Nilesh(last updated: 23/02/2019 11:04)
- Daniel Paton(last updated: 22/02/2019 19:03)
- Lisa Kneece(last updated: 18/02/2019 16:07)
- Daniel Hewson(last updated: 15/02/2019 00:09)
- Wayne Weber(last updated: 07/02/2019 04:29)It is not even live
- Andrew Oldham(last updated: 01/02/2019 03:27)
- Clayton Steadman(last updated: 30/01/2019 15:02)
- I. Taylor Townley, MBA(last updated: 29/01/2019 16:07)
- Rennie C W (C.E.T)634(last updated: 25/01/2019 02:09)
- Dũng Phạm(last updated: 18/01/2019 02:52)
- Michael (Mickey) Noone(last updated: 07/01/2019 16:17)
- Sumit Kumar3562(last updated: 20/12/2018 12:45)
- Ryan Kiprop(last updated: 19/12/2018 13:20)
- Eamon Flynn(last updated: 17/12/2018 20:34)
- Lyubomir Matev454(last updated: 15/12/2018 19:01)
- AAdam(last updated: 09/12/2018 11:15)
- Kristen Barbour(last updated: 08/12/2018 17:47)
- Jurgen de Jager(last updated: 30/11/2018 08:50)
- Thomas Herrera-Mishler(last updated: 22/11/2018 18:07)
- Stephanie B(last updated: 15/11/2018 14:15)
People using this tool also downloaded
Enterprise SaaS and SME/Consumer Fundraising Excel ModelFor large, complex SaaS companies with enterprise, consumer and SME customers looking to fundraise.enterpriseexcelfundraiseinvestorsmodel1,108$865.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelecommerceexcelfinancial modelfundraisinggrowing392$299.00 by Alexander Jarvis
FI Project Analysis TemplateWorksheet you can copy and use to evaluate your startup ideas.businessexcelprojectproject analysisspreadsheet76free by Founder Institute
Mobile App / Website - 5 Year Recurring Revenue Excel Model TemplateA financial forecasting excel model template for apps or websites that have recurring paid subscribers.dcfexcelfinancial forecastmobile apprecurring revenue850$95.00 by Jason Varner
How to Make Your Financial Model Look ProfessionalThis tool provides Before and After examples to show you how you can make your models look professional.appearanceappearance matterscredibilityexcelfinancial modeling214free by Alexander Jarvis
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.accountingbookkeepingexcelexpensesfinancial statement490free by Sarah Booysen
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.analysiscashflowcashflow analyzerexcelprofitability1,738free by Michael Rogers
Ultimate Startup Cap Table and Return Analysis Excel TemplateSample cap table excel template with exclusive waterfall return analysis.analysiscap tabledownloadexcelfree3,175$9.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Simple GANTT Chart Template for Kick-offsThe GANTT chart template used by Paua Ventures to kick off meetings with our new investments.chartdownloadexcelfreegantt884free by Federico Wengi
Virtual World Freemium Business Model TemplateA business model excel spreadsheet to help companies make business decisions and understand how variables interact.business plandownloadexcelfreefreemium717free by Matthew Warneford
Any questions on Real Estate Proforma Excel Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!