Last version published: 22/09/2019 19:52
Publication number: ELQ-39686-8
View all versions & Certificate
Online Marketplace Start-up Excel Financial Model
BUSINESS START UP FINANCE PLANNING MODEL FOR SELLING THROUGH AMAZON, SHOPIFY ETC
Acquire business license for $29.00
Add to cart
Add to bookmarks
This financial planning model is for you if you would like to start selling your own or other peoples’ products into online marketing channels such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy and others. Using it you can plan to sell up to 50 products in up to 5 different sales channels.
The model is designed to help you ensure that you cover all the financial planning decisions that you have to make, accurately and quickly, even if you do not have any accounting knowledge.
Once completed, you can review the results produced by the model and decide on one of three options that you will then have:
• Launch your business on the current plan basis
• Make changes to your plans that will achieve your aims
• Scrap this plan and move onto another.
It should ensure that you avoid wasting a lot of your precious time and hard-earned money pursuing a course that takes you nowhere.
The analysis has a five-year planning horizon and will generate outputs on a monthly basis, but the good news is that you do not have to spend hours typing in data for each item across 60 columns of a spreadsheet.
This is because the analysis is structured around the standard six stages each start-up passes through which are:
• Pre-launch research – any costs incurred in finding more about the products, suppliers, market channel(s), competition.
• Business set-up – one off costs e.g. legal – that you may have to incur.
• Test marketing – first products into first channel(s) - usually at a loss as not bought in bulk.
• Full business launch – first products bought in bulk into first channel(s)
• Expansion – adding new products and more online channels
• Maturity – gradual expansion over the business’s later years.
This tool is specific for Online Channel sellers only.
Write a review
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Take 10 minutes to assess your business idea financially.A financial planning model for non-accountants.569add_shopping_cart$5.00by David Hubbard
SaaS STARTUP FINANCIAL PLAN - FOR NON ACCOUNTANTSIs your plan worth the effort? A SaaS (Software as a Service) Financial Plan for non-accountants.109add_shopping_cart$225.00by David Hubbard
To Model or not to ModelA REFERENCE SHEET on why and how Finance Models are constructed184add_shopping_cartfreeby David Hubbard
Discussion feed for Online Marketplace Start-up Excel Financial Model
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!