- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
E-Commerce Financial Model templates
What is E-Commerce?
Electronic commerce is a business model that has been increasingly used in the last decade. It is based on the commerce between businesses and consumers who buy and sell goods and services using an electronic network. With the use of the internet, this type of business model enables websites to provide a wide variety of products with a very strong reach. It also opens up further opportunities for new companies and business models in multiple sectors, including to disrupt entire industries (ex: Amazon.com).
E-commerce can be divided into four types:
Business to Consumer (B2C): The business sells its products or services to the consumers using the internet. For example purchasing Adidas’s shoes on the Adidas’s website.
Business to Business (B2B): A business sells products or services to another company using the internet. For example, GoGaddy, sells domain names to other businesses.
Consumer to Business (C2B): The consumer sells products or services to businesses. For example, online paid surveys.
Consumer to Consumer (C2C): Consumers sell products or services to other consumers. For example, Ebay or Eloquens.
In an e-commerce business, transactions take place without the physical exchange of the goods being bought or sold. Even though this may be a disadvantage to the consumers, the retailer faces two problems. Firstly, some mean of online transaction process is necessary and secondly, they need to be assured that the goods being ordered are in stock and have a means of dispatching and delivering to the address at hand.
Hence, e-commerce combines three systems: the web, a database and a dispatch system, which are crucial to the existence of an e-commerce business.
- More on the mechanisms of E-Commerce: How E-commerce Works
What are the benefits of E-Commerce?
There are some benefits that come with an e-commerce business. A few are:
• Convenience: 24/7 Availability.
• Easy accessibility: You can access it simply by searching for the platform on a search engine.
• International reach: The website can be accessed from anywhere, and international deliveries can be common.
• Availability: Stores tend to offer a wider variety of products online than they would in their shops. Also, stores that exist online may offer products that could not be accessed in their counterparts.
• Limited Customer Support: Employees are not at your disposal to offer you any sort of product advice.
• Lack of Instant gratification: there is a time lag between when you buy your product and when it is delivered to its destination (except for digital goods).
• Product can’t be touched: Online images may not portray the state or quality of the product, resulting in potential dissatisfaction when the product is received.
More on Making the Right E-Commerce Decision
For a short video explaining E-Commerce, check Investopedia's Video
What tools can I use to set-up, monitor and control my E-Commerce Business?
Below, you will find a variety of E-commerce tools for your business from financial models to KPIs guides. These will hopefully help you optimize the experience of your users, as well help as help your company reach its full potential in the online marketplace.
- For entrepreneurs to understand the data necessary to scale any new e-commerce.1,475 remove_red_eyefreeby Jeff Solomon
E-Commerce Financial Model for StartupsAn extremely detailed, methodical package for entrepreneurs on how to build a financial model for an e-commerce startup.10,593 remove_red_eyefreeby Matt Carroll
The Early Stage Business Plan template for Disruptive e-CommercesA How-to-Build a Seed to Series A Business Plan tool alongside an excel template for you to build upon.1,881 remove_red_eye
Modeling Sales Data for E-commerce businessesUsing MS Excel's Business Intelligence features to analyse sales data.2,655 remove_red_eyefreeby Ashish Mathur
Excel for Startups: Simple Financial Models and DashboardsReady-to-use Excel templates of different financial models for startups880 remove_red_eye
Ecommerce Business: Template for Cohort AnalysisEstimate lifetime value for an Ecommerce business using a sample cohort analysis.1,372 remove_red_eyefreeby Jeremy Liew
Early-Stage Startup Financial ModelBuild a financial model designed to save you from usual pitfalls (Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, IS)677 remove_red_eyefreeby Jeff Solomon
E-commerce Excel Model TemplateE-commerce Model in Excel that enables you to estimate the value of the e-commerce depending on KPIs1,169 remove_red_eye$5.00by Asen Gyczew
Ecommerce Financial Fundraising Excel templateThis is the best excel model template you will find on fundraising for your ecommerce startup583 remove_red_eye$189.00by Alexander Jarvis
eCommerce Startup Valuation: Financial Modelling TutorialTutorial on building a financial model for an e-commerce startup valuation.230 remove_red_eye
How to Set Up An Online Ecommerce Business in 5 Simple StepsThis 23-minute video outlines the 5 simple steps you need to follow when starting an online business.90 remove_red_eye
How to Create an Ecommerce Store: Wordpress Woocommerce TutorialThis video teaches you how to build your own ecommerce store using Wordpress. No previous experience required.45 remove_red_eyefreeby Wholesale Ted
How to start a Webshop GuideThe Guide How to Start a Web-shop is a 21-page description of all the steps involved in opening a webshop.35 remove_red_eye$4.00by Mogens Thomsen
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising model49 remove_red_eye$199.00by Alexander Jarvis
- Have an E-Commerce Financial Model to share?
Your E-Commerce Financial ModelPublish your model
Have a E-Commerce Financial Model template to share?Publish a template
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!