Last version published: 18/07/2018 10:44
Publication number: ELQ-88028-3
View all versions & Certificate
Real Estate Professional Developer's Excel Tool Kit
Financial analysis tools for educational purposes
The set of developer tools attached are set to be used together with the third edition of Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business. These have been broken up into sections in correspondence to the book.
Chapter 3 of the book focuses of development financial feasibility analysis, where land development is analysed using a for-sale method appropriate for a subdivision, condominiums, for-sale homes, and other real estate, in which the product is sold at completion rather than being operated as income-producing property.
Financial feasibility analysis for land development is performed in two stages:
Stage 1: a “quick and dirty” analysis that summarizes the project’s sales revenues, expenses, interest, and profit; and
Stage 2: a multiperiod discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis that provides a detailed forecast of cash flows, equity and loan needs, profits, and internal rates of return (IRR). Where a two-stage model for land development analysis in used instead of a five-stage model for income property analysis (like the one below).
The figures used in the financial analysis model are taken from Veranda, a project developed in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, by Charter Homes.
In chapter 4 of the book, the focus is income property financial feasibility analysis. Here, evaluating financial feasibility for income property development involves a five-stage analysis, each more detailed than the previous one. These stages are:
Stage 1: Simple Capitalization;
Stage 2: Discounted Cash Flow Analysis;
Stage 3: Combined Analysis of the Development and Operating Periods;
Stage 4: Monthly Cash Flows during the Development Period; and
Stage 5: Discounted Cash Flow for Investors.
These stages are summarized in an attached Word file, which explains each stage in more details.
The last attached Excel spreadsheet is based on chapter 6, which focuses on industrial development. A feature box outlines a sample deal structure with a three-tier hurdle rate of return.
This Best Practice includes
4 Excel Spreadsheets, 1 word file
Adrienne Schmitz offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
Applies best for educational purposes.
It is advised that individuals rely on their own financial assumptions and criteria for feasibility as background to any investment decision
4.7 / 5 (67 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Tool
Write a review
- Derrick Barker(last updated: 16/02/2020 06:09)
- pbasik(last updated: 03/02/2020 17:05)
- Pablo Garrido(last updated: 08/01/2020 11:58)
- Rosemadi bin Hussain, PMP(last updated: 27/11/2019 02:45)
- john85331(last updated: 22/11/2019 22:55)
- Abri Baker-Lawrence(last updated: 18/10/2019 15:23)
- Vivek Kulshestha(last updated: 06/10/2019 18:45)
- Grady Overman(last updated: 30/09/2019 21:31)
- Ronald Fung(last updated: 18/09/2019 14:46)
- Nelson Chen(last updated: 04/09/2019 09:26)
- Robert Seagreaves(last updated: 25/08/2019 19:42)
- don desai(last updated: 11/08/2019 19:09)
- Brad Hughes(last updated: 19/07/2019 14:48)
- E L(last updated: 17/07/2019 17:02)
- pj jurilla(last updated: 05/07/2019 15:33)
- Paul Devlin(last updated: 26/06/2019 14:59)
- Maricel Santos(last updated: 26/06/2019 07:35)
- Dr. Mohamed Abdel Moneim(last updated: 19/06/2019 08:52)
- Randy Lee(last updated: 11/06/2019 04:48)
- Ray Treurniet(last updated: 29/05/2019 23:09)
- WaiHin Hein Thant752(last updated: 28/05/2019 19:22)
- Allan Otieno(last updated: 20/05/2019 20:10)
- Armon White(last updated: 15/04/2019 03:43)
- Edgar Chigua(last updated: 14/04/2019 01:09)
- Akintade Oluwarotimi 518(last updated: 03/04/2019 11:04)
- synergy platinum(last updated: 28/03/2019 19:23)
- Sampath Dinusha(last updated: 05/03/2019 12:03)
- Kim Jichang(last updated: 24/02/2019 07:15)
- William Wang822(last updated: 21/02/2019 01:42)
- Choi Tony(last updated: 19/02/2019 15:14)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Debt/Loan Refinancing Analysis Excel ToolUser-friendly Excel tool to calculate financial impacts of refinancing a portfolio of debt/loan facilitiesfinancialtoolmodeldebtexcel296add_shopping_cart$30.00by Projectify
Capital Budgeting Excel Model TemplateUser-friendly Excel model to calculate and compare capital budgeting metricsm across (up to 3) proposed investmentscomparisontoolcapital budgetingnpvirr1,097add_shopping_cartfreeby Projectify
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis with IRR and NPVSeveral spreadsheets that can be used for the analysis of a real estate investment from various perspectivesacquisitionfinancecash flownpvirr15,141add_shopping_cart$20.00by Norm Miller PhD
Scenario Analysis 3-Statement Projection Excel ModelUser-friendly 3-statement generic Projection Model for new or existing businesses with Scenario Analysis functionalityanalysisbusinesstoolprojectionmodel627add_shopping_cart$25.00by Projectify
Cash Flow Waterfall ModelA cash flow model for Real Estate based on a waterfall structurefinancecash flowreal estatewaterfallinvestor11,029add_shopping_cartfreeby Amit Tandon
Digital Learning Business Case ToolTool to help you measure the impact of digital learning programmes.toolmodeldigital learningbusiness casemeasure90add_shopping_cartfreeby Accenture
Business Plan TemplateIndicative sample template to be filled up to define your objectives and determine how you'll achieve them.toolbusiness planmodelstartupguide2,519add_shopping_cartfreeby Start Up Loans
Commercial Real Estate Acquisition ModelVery detailed and Dynamic Model for the Acquisition of Office, Industrial or Retail Propertiesacquisitionmodelreal estatecommercial real estatereal estate finance63add_shopping_cart$30.00by Julian Scheeff
P&L (Profit & Loss) Constant Currency Analysis Excel ModelBest practice to assess the impact of FX on a P&L for a business trading in different currenciesfinancial analysisfinancial due diligenceexcel modellingconstant currency p&lfx impact186add_shopping_cart$10.00by HEURTEBIZE
Financial Model Version TrackerFinancial model tracker is a tool enables you to keep a track of the changes through multiple versionstoolfinancial modelscenario analysisproductivityversion tracker134add_shopping_cartfreeby FinExMod
Discussion feed for Real Estate Professional Developer's Excel Tool Kit
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!
- Hi Eloquens Team,
Hope all is well. Per the download instructions, it is stated that there are 4 excel files and 1 word document. However, upon downloading, the word document is missing. Are you able to help please?
- Hi Eugene,
Thanks for your question - that we have passed on to Adrienne. She has just uploaded the attached word file to a new version of this tool.
To access it, simply go to your library here: https://www.eloquens.com/account/products and then upgrade your tool to the latest version.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
The Eloquens Team
- Dear Eloquens team,
Thank you very much for the prompt response and fast action. Very impressive!!
- Hi, my computer crashed with loss of the Developer's Excel Tool Kit and am wondering you would be able to relate another copy for download, I'd appreciate it.
With thanks in advance
loren in Honolulu1arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- Hi Loren,
Your New Password to access your account has just been sent to your email, from which you will be able to access Eloquens again and download Adrienne's Developer's Excel Tool Kit from your "Library" Tab. Hope this helps!
The Eloquens User Support Team