Last version published: 28/02/2022 10:01
Publication number: ELQ-20873-2
View all versions & Certificate
General Retail Store Financial Model – Dynamic 10 Year Forecast
Financial Model providing a dynamic up to 10-year financial forecast for a startup or existing Retail Store.
Highly-sophisticated Financial Model providing advanced financial planning & analysis for a Retail Store.
Suitable for any type of Retail Store and all operating stages (startup, early, mature stage), the model is a flexible tool for Retail Store owners to calculate financial and operational activities, manage payroll, expenses, and inventory and analyze business profitability.
The model includes 2 main revenue sources; In-store Sales and E-commerce Sales (the user has the option to include or exclude E-shop from calculations). A detailed analysis of Revenue, GOGS, and Inventory for 5 Main Product Categories as well as a further breakdown of each Main Product category to 10 subcategories , allows user to have full control over the entire range of store products.
Outputs of the template include monthly and forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), Main Product Category Profitability Analysis, Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis, DCF & Payback, Breakeven Analysis, and Investors Returns Waterfall.
A variety of KPIs and Financial Ratios analyzes business performance and the company’s results are presented through sophisticated charts & graphs and are summarized on a professional Executive Dashboard.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period (see examples of the dynamic functionality in the available screenshots).
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info & Store Operating Days / Hours
• Customer Acquisition Drivers for In-store operation (Store Location, Paid Advertising or both) and E-shop operation (E-mail, Organic Search, Paid Search and Affiliates)
• Main Product Categories & Subcategories including data for sales distribution, retail prices & cost and initial inventory purchases
• Revenue & COGS Calculations per main product category and subcategories for 2 revenue sources (In-store Sales, E-Shop Sales)
• Payroll, OpEx & CapEx Assumptions
• Inventory Management per Main product category/subcategory
• Forecast Scenarios
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Product Profitability Analysis
• Year 1 Financial Statements (3 Statement Model for Budget & Actual figures)
• Year 1 Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis
• Dynamic 10 Year Forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model)
• Discounted Cash Flow & Payback period (incl. Exit value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow)
• Breakeven Analysis
• Summary of various KPIs and Financial Ratios (Revenue & Cost Metrics, ROE, ROIC, Profit Margins, etc.)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Business Performance Dashboard
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Financial Model
Acquire business license for $119.00
Add to cart
Add to bookmarks
A flexible tool for Retail Store owners to calculate financial and operational activities, manage payroll, expenses, and inventory and analyze business profitability.
Suitable for any type of Retail Store and all operating stages (startup, early, mature stage)