Last version published: 12/09/2017 08:13
Publication number: ELQ-54186-2
View all versions & Certificate
Excel for Startups: Simple Financial Models and Dashboards
Ready-to-use Excel templates of different financial models for startups
When you start building a business you might not be able to afford expensive tools for calculations, or haven’t yet found one that fits your needs and budget. However, you still have to do all the calculations, especially if fundraising is not far off.
In my experience, Excel and Google Spreadsheets are two of the best tools startuppers could start with for analytics.
They are rather simple to use if you’re not going too deep with numbers. You actually don’t need to go deep at the start of a business if you don’t want to get in a muddle with complex metrics.
Many Excel templates for startups that I meet online are great and contain lots of useful stuff, but if I found them earlier, without a business background, I would have had no idea what all these complex metrics mean.
That’s why I’ve created my own Google Spreadsheet template, which has all metrics that startups need to track their analytics while staying really easy to understand without specific experience.
Originally posted on Medium https://blog.statsbot.co/excel-for-startups-simple-financial-models-and-dashboards-2b7c99580992
- Nurzhan Ospanov
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel file for Costs, SaaS and E-commerce business model, visualized key metrics
Nurzhan Ospanov offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- BEng Tuks(last updated: 24/07/2019 09:41)
- Solaiman Bhuiyan(last updated: 14/07/2019 19:21)
- Akram Rakhmatullaev(last updated: 02/07/2019 14:03)
- Choi Tony(last updated: 13/06/2019 01:17)
- Udaya M(last updated: 20/05/2019 21:10)
- Aiga Galvane(last updated: 03/04/2019 22:00)
- Kobe Kobson Motlhatlhedi(last updated: 10/03/2019 08:22)
- James Agbo(last updated: 24/02/2019 20:18)
- Shamsher Singh Gill(last updated: 19/02/2019 10:49)
- Beechwood London(last updated: 08/02/2019 16:22)
- mohammad nassar(last updated: 14/01/2019 19:37)
- Rosine Danielle EKAMBI(last updated: 14/01/2019 17:09)
- Jack White(last updated: 24/12/2018 08:10)Top Class
- Morris Smith(last updated: 17/12/2018 17:18)
- Harsh Kumar(last updated: 30/11/2018 12:30)
- Quan Quach(last updated: 30/11/2018 02:37)
- Edin Dalifi(last updated: 13/10/2018 21:09)
- Aung Sint(last updated: 21/09/2018 05:13)
- Jean Picard(last updated: 14/09/2018 23:48)
- Steven Thomas(last updated: 09/09/2018 12:53)
- evans kande(last updated: 03/09/2018 11:20)
- Rafael Siza(last updated: 27/08/2018 04:42)
- Ricky Shin(last updated: 22/08/2018 06:27)
- Saigo Takamori(last updated: 22/07/2018 11:49)
- Safarudheen farook(last updated: 10/07/2018 21:09)
- Laeeq Ahmed(last updated: 14/06/2018 13:43)
- Gregory Cannon(last updated: 05/06/2018 02:47)
- Kosmoguy(last updated: 31/05/2018 23:37)
- Vu Diep(last updated: 21/05/2018 13:53)
- K.M.FARHAD ALAM(last updated: 14/05/2018 09:51)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
SaaS/Subscription Financial Excel ModelRobust financial model/budget for any SaaS or subscription businessfinancemodelaccountingfinancial modelstartup428$20.00 by Evan Diaz de Arce
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscription631$369.00 by Alexander Jarvis
SaaS Metrics Excel Cheat SheetThis SaaS Metics Cheat Sheet contains all the formulas you need when building your first SaaS metrics dashboard or modelmodelsaasmetricsdashboardsoftware as a service1,381
SaaS Excel Financial Plan TemplateA SaaS financial plan that allows you to create your own financial forecast. Suitable for startups and SMB's.financial modelstartupssaasfinancial planexcel1,344
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.startupsaaskpistemplateexcel4,903free by Amit Karp
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartup3,957free by Gary Gaspar
5-Year SaaS Startup Excel Financial Model: 4 Pricing Tiers + Advanced MetricsA straight forward approach to build financial projections for a SaaS startup business.valuationfinancial modelstartupsaasdiscounted cash flow1,536$45.00 by Jason Varner
Comprehensive Restaurant Financial Excel Model Template (Pro Forma Statements for Business Plan)Complete Financial Model to Start Your Own Restaurant and Bar Anywhere in the Worldprojectionsbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplate2,900free by Faheem Moosa
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcel1,641free by Jacek Polewski
SaaS Financial ModelA simple 12-month SaaS financial model customisable to your startup precise conditions and needs.financefinancial modelstartupearly-stageraising capital2,774free by Nicholas Petroski
Any questions on Excel For Startups: Simple Financial Models And Dashboards?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!