Publication number: ELQ-67610-1
View all versions & Certificate
Retail Sales Profit and Loss Statement Template
This P&L statement is designed for two products that are manufactured by the same company in a retail sales model.
This profit and loss statement (P&L) is designed for two products that are manufactured by the same organisation in a retail sales model. The supply chain of the model flows as follows: Manufacturer > Distributor > Retailer > Customer.
Only fill out the data in cells with blue characters. Make sure to be as accurate as possible, as the information is used in the 'retailers' and 'summary' tabs.
1. Data should only be filled out where cells contain blue characters. The areas in black and white will calculate automatically. Not all blue cells need inputs.
a. Fill in the name of retailer #1 where it says "Retailer #1" and repeat for every retailer.
b. Include the no. of units sold for product A and B, per retailer.
2. The retailers tab pushes data to the summary tab. This spreadsheet anticipates up to five retailers. If you wish to add more than five, simple scroll down to the last remaining retailer, copy the box above it and insert below, i.e. Retailer #5 gets copied and pasted to create Retailer #6. Then link the cells into the "Group" on the summary tab.
No inputs are needed for this tab. Data is automatically transferred.
1. Data to be inserted in cells with blue characters. Black areas calculate automatically. This tab transfers data to the summary tab under distributor's administrative expenses. Not all blue cells need inputs. If so, simply enter nothing into the cell and do NOT delete the line. Enter as a negative number.
a. Distribution expenses: fill out the costs associated with transporting inventory from the manufacturer to the retailers and any other business-related travel.
b. Personnel expenses: fill out the costs associated with sales manager and other personnel.
c. Company administration: fill out the amount spent on supplies, rent, etc.
1. Data to be inserted in cells with blue characters. Black areas calculate automatically. This tab transfers data to the summary tab under manufacturer's marketing and administrative expenses. expenses. Not all blue cells need inputs. If so, simply enter nothing into the cell and do NOT delete the line. Enter as a negative number.
a. Marketing expenses: Input the above the line and below the line marketing activity names and their associated costs.
b. Distribution Expenses: Input any costs associated with transporting the inventory and any business-related travel for personnel.
c. Personnel expenses: Input the costs associated with Sales Manager and other personnel (not salespeople)
d. Company Administration: Input the amount spent on rent, supplies, etc.
Originally shared on www.path.org
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Spreadsheet
PATH offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.4 / 5 (26 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Tool
Write a review
- Vaishali Singla(last updated: 11/06/2020 14:43)
- Sedina Ali(last updated: 10/05/2020 07:56)
- JP Jimenez(last updated: 10/04/2020 04:17)
- jyoti a(last updated: 12/03/2020 12:33)
- Vaibhav Deshpande(last updated: 05/03/2020 12:17)
- Hasan Kabeer(last updated: 27/02/2020 06:39)
- Sareth Chum(last updated: 08/02/2020 14:23)
- Rikaz Mulaffer(last updated: 04/11/2019 03:55)
- Walter Pierluisi González-Coya(last updated: 24/09/2019 22:24)
- Ronit Roy(last updated: 29/08/2019 12:04)
- Gabriella Lim(last updated: 21/08/2019 03:26)
- Bayan Abildina(last updated: 24/06/2019 09:19)
- mcarthurjr(last updated: 24/06/2019 01:24)
- ANN WARDUKSORN(last updated: 15/05/2019 04:20)
- Rolland Gregg(last updated: 05/05/2019 21:34)
- Ryanl(last updated: 20/04/2019 16:31)
- Mayank Pamnani(last updated: 17/04/2019 06:40)
- Tamer Adel(last updated: 07/02/2019 12:33)
- Hamed Gholipour(last updated: 30/01/2019 18:34)
- A Munandar(last updated: 12/01/2019 06:53)
- TEP Chakriya(last updated: 10/12/2018 02:37)
- Nat Sunan(last updated: 26/09/2018 21:11)
- Артём Лукин(last updated: 19/09/2018 19:17)
- Seyi Adedeji(last updated: 10/08/2018 09:50)
- Lester Chan(last updated: 05/08/2018 13:42)
- Yeni Lamudia(last updated: 15/06/2018 07:56)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Income Statement Template in ExcelThe SBA have provided an income statement template in MS Excel so that you can input your own values and save time.income statementp&laccountingfinancial statementsexcel392add_shopping_cartfreeby SBA
Consulting Projects - Full Excel Financial ModelIn the Excel file you will find a full financial model of a producer of products of hand-made ceramic tiles.p&lvaluationcash flowfinancial modelfinancial modeling2,613add_shopping_cartfreeby Asen Gyczew
Online Shop Financial ModelOnline Shop Financial Model presents the business case of a brand new start up Online Shop with an upfront investment inirrdcffinancial modelexcelexcel model870add_shopping_cart$69.00by Big4WallStreet
SaaS Startup Financial ModelA Startup Financial Model for SaaS Founders with minimal Excel experience required!p<emplateexcelspreadsheetfree144add_shopping_cartfreeby Ben Murray
Income Statement Excel Model TemplateExcel model for income/profit and loss statementincome statementp&lprofit and loss statementincome statement calculatorincome statement example304add_shopping_cartfreeby CFI
Retail Inventory and Sales WorkbookInventory and Sales Excel Template Workbook for Retail.salesexcelspreadsheettrackingretail2,399add_shopping_cartfreeby Vend
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelP & L statement template in excel for a month or a year including a column for the previous year and budgeted figures.profitlossincome statementp&lrevenues403add_shopping_cartfreeby KAAS
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.income statementaccountingexpensesfinancial statementtemplate730add_shopping_cartfreeby Sarah Booysen
The 4 Financial Spreadsheets Your Restaurant NeedsCollection of 4 Spreadsheets to help you manage your restaurant's financial projections.financestartupfinancial projectionsexcelretail1,748add_shopping_cartfreeby Tiffany Regaudie
Retail Investment Excel CalculatorThis is a calculator for retail companies that plan to open a new shop and want to work out their Return on Investment.investmentprofitabilityroiexcelretail115add_shopping_cart
Any questions on Retail Sales Profit And Loss Statement Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!