Publication number: ELQ-98609-1
View all versions & Certificate
SaaS Metrics Excel Template
A standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.
I have previously spoken about the benefits of SaaS and specifically, the recurring revenue model. The main benefit of such a model is the predictability of revenue, customer acquisition payback, customer lifetime value (CLTV) and the ability to optimize sales and marketing expenditure.
But to really benefit from the recurring revenue model, it is necessary to speak “SaaS”. The values and key performance indicators that a SaaS company keeps track of, tend to be things such as MRR, CMRR (Committed MRR), average ACV (Annual contract value), gross churn, net churn, CAC payback period etc.
I often come across companies that have a recurring revenue model but still measure bookings and billings, rather than the common SaaS metrics.
There is a great variety of blog posts that discuss SaaS and the metrics that should be measured. If you have a recurring revenue business, you must know it by heart.
It gives a poor impression when investors face a subscription based firm that still utilizes traditional, on-premise metrics to measure its performance.
Since I am often asked what a basic SaaS reporting template should include, I decided to publish a sample template that some of our SaaS firms use. Of course, all companies are different and management needs to focus on the unique aspects that are pertinent to what the business’s prime priorities are.
For example, if you use a freemium model, you must measure conversion from free to paying accounts.
If you have a land-and-expand model you should instead focus on revenue expansion KPIs, and services that have long deployment cycles that should measure CMRR conversions to MRR.
Most of the time, it is helpful to have a starting point to do this, and this template should provide the guidance to do just that.
Being able to use common SaaS language and understanding how to track common SaaS metrics is a key first step to becoming a successful SaaS business.
With the use of this model, you are already halfway there.
- Amit Karp
This business tool includes
1 Excel Sheet
Amit Karp offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Fred H Nagazin(last updated: 08/04/2019 16:44)
- Ed Misati(last updated: 18/03/2019 13:45)
- Guy Klaassen(last updated: 11/02/2019 13:18)
- Joao Gago(last updated: 12/01/2019 22:02)
- Percy Bird(last updated: 28/12/2018 03:47)
- Sandar Aung(last updated: 17/12/2018 07:51)
- Manoj N(last updated: 15/11/2018 16:51)
- putra kesuma329(last updated: 24/10/2018 08:46)
- Jules B. EKOULE, MSc(last updated: 16/10/2018 20:21)
- Antoine Arbuckle(last updated: 25/09/2018 16:19)
- Tinashe Makaza(last updated: 28/08/2018 10:57)
- Yoel Ben Tzvi(last updated: 30/07/2018 19:36)
- Dalila Alegre(last updated: 26/07/2018 10:56)
- Maria Luz Garcia Garona(last updated: 25/07/2018 12:27)
- fezfezf(last updated: 20/06/2018 11:11)
- Rizwan Butt(last updated: 02/06/2018 12:51)
- Gaurav Sandhya(last updated: 28/05/2018 10:02)
- Rodaina sale(last updated: 27/05/2018 00:50)
- echen91(last updated: 24/05/2018 17:58)
- Carlos Gonzalez(last updated: 18/05/2018 15:22)
- Darryll Owusu-Agyeman(last updated: 15/05/2018 10:43)
- Mthunzi NGWENYA, MBA(last updated: 11/05/2018 16:30)
- Saritha Gopalkrishna(last updated: 09/05/2018 09:16)
- Brandon L Provost, MBA(last updated: 26/04/2018 18:58)
- mack maine(last updated: 05/03/2018 22:52)
- Alfonso Cioffi(last updated: 31/12/2017 14:14)
- Jane Uzunovski(last updated: 25/12/2017 13:11)Great job! A professional SaaS Metrics Excel Template
- Quan Quach(last updated: 21/06/2017 04:17)
- joshua rodriguez(last updated: 01/06/2017 03:54)
People using this tool also downloaded
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.early-stageexcelfinancialinvestormodel3,374free by Gary Gaspar
Ultimate Startup Cap Table and Return Analysis Excel TemplateSample cap table excel template with exclusive waterfall return analysis.analysiscap tabledownloadexcelfree3,253$9.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Virtual World Freemium Business Model TemplateA business model excel spreadsheet to help companies make business decisions and understand how variables interact.business plandownloadexcelfreefreemium760free by Matthew Warneford
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.balance sheetdownloadexcelfinancefree1,955free by Tayfun Uslu
How to Create a Real Estate Marketing Report with Sample TemplateMeasure the following 8 metrics to track the success of your marketing performance and learn to build a marketing reportdownloadexcelkpismarketingmetrics1,993free by Bob Samii
How to build an investor grade financial model for your SaaS startupMaking a financial model for your startup can seem intimidating — but it can actually be funearly-stagefinanceinvestorkpismetrics924
SaaS: Simple Bookings vs. Churn Excel ModelThis is a simple ready-to-use Excel model which helps to run bookings and churn rates, also showing impact on growth.bookingsbusinesschurnexcelmodel73free by Brian Parks
Mobile App / Website - 5 Year Recurring Revenue Excel Model TemplateA financial forecasting excel model template for apps or websites that have recurring paid subscribers.dcfexcelfinancial forecastmobile apprecurring revenue910$95.00 by Jason Varner
Enterprise SaaS and SME/Consumer Fundraising Excel ModelFor large, complex SaaS companies with enterprise, consumer and SME customers looking to fundraise.enterpriseexcelfundraiseinvestorsmodel1,177$865.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelecommerceexcelfinancial modelfundraisinggrowing442$369.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Any questions on SaaS Metrics Excel Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!