Publication number: ELQ-45816-1
View all versions & Certificate
Retail Inventory and Sales Workbook
Inventory and Sales Excel Template Workbook for Retail.
This inventory and sales template will help you to stay on top of your sales and inventory by placing essential retail data at your fingertips. The top metrics have been compiled and put into easy-to-use spreadsheets that can calculate automatically metrics such as conversion rate, margins, stock turn, GMROI, and more.
This takes away the hassle of doing the math on your own. This workbook works out the numbers for you, so that you can spend your time growing your business and gaining insights.
If you are a retailer that is still using pen and paper in your business, this template is for you. If you still use a pen and paper to record inventory and sales, then you should consider this template.
This is a list compiled of all the metrics and formulas used in this workbook, including descriptions on the reasons they're important.
This metric will work out the average of your starting and finishing inventory. It provides an estimation of the mean inventory amount for a certain period.
Gross margin is the total revenue take away the cost of goods sold. It's how much you earn after you have deducted the costs of making and selling your products.
Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
This is the total cost associated with making goods that you have managed to sell. It provides you with an explanation of how high your expenses are each time you make a sale, and it is often used by businesses to determine price.
This is the number of units that were available to be sold vs. the percentage of units sold.This metric can be used to assess the performance of a product.
Inventory Turnover Rate
Known also as stock turn, inventory turnover is the number of times stock is used in a given period of time or sold through. In many cases, the higher the stock turnover, the better it is for your business because it signifies that you are selling lots of merchandise but at the same time not stocking too much inventory.
Gross Margin Return on Investment (GMROI)
This measures the return on profit you make on the funds you have invested in stock. It helps you answer the question: "For each dollar I have invested on inventory, how much money am I getting back?"
This is referring to the difference between the actual stock you have available and the amount of stock that you have on paper. It means that there has been a reduction in your inventory by means other than legit sales. This is usually due to theft, supplier fraud, or admin errors. This can also be expressed as a percentage.
This is revenue minus cost of goods sold. So this is what you can take home as yours once the costs of creating and selling the merchandise have been taken away.
This is the amount of visits that were made to the story vs the number of people who actually bought something. It can help you measure how various in-store components are performing, e.g. merchandising, customer service, etc.
Average Basket Value
This is also known as average transaction value, and refers to the average customer spend in your shop. It can give you an overview of how much people generally spend with you, as well as what kind of items and in what quantity they buy.
This Best Practice includes
1 Retail Inventory and Sales Workbook
Vend offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.5 / 5 (33 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- iostar infotech(last updated: 25/10/2020 15:24)
- Retail Sales Ops Strategies(last updated: 02/09/2020 17:30)
- Caleb Thomson(last updated: 19/07/2020 06:29)
- Chalermsak Ninchuawong(last updated: 18/01/2020 12:27)
- Diane Mitchell(last updated: 15/10/2019 18:19)
- ali raza708(last updated: 14/10/2019 08:40)
- Nkole Bwalya(last updated: 12/10/2019 08:41)
- Yousra Lafdaoui(last updated: 23/09/2019 15:11)
- Kelly Ann Cunanan(last updated: 02/09/2019 03:50)
- Gabriella Lim(last updated: 21/08/2019 03:27)
- Tito Alai(last updated: 02/08/2019 10:23)
- Mike Watson, Ed.D(last updated: 23/07/2019 21:07)
- Leisley Deligen(last updated: 01/06/2019 03:16)
- Noorul Hakeem(last updated: 27/05/2019 09:06)
- Lloyd Muthukisten(last updated: 22/05/2019 21:15)
- paul michael sy(last updated: 18/05/2019 10:44)
- Sunol Project(last updated: 23/02/2019 05:21)
- Bao Tram Nguyen Luong(last updated: 14/02/2019 07:41)
- Tiina Raal(last updated: 27/01/2019 20:24)
- Iveta Slavova(last updated: 21/01/2019 08:55)
- Zahid Ali(last updated: 19/01/2019 13:42)
- oday barwari(last updated: 01/12/2018 23:51)
- Randy Perkins(last updated: 22/10/2018 10:48)
- Tulonga Etukwafa Kakololo(last updated: 15/10/2018 14:44)
- Antony a(last updated: 12/10/2018 18:41)
- Nat Sunan(last updated: 26/09/2018 21:30)
- Security Company(last updated: 25/09/2018 11:56)
- Usama Haseeb(last updated: 23/09/2018 07:14)
- Seyi Adedeji(last updated: 10/08/2018 09:48)
- Knyasia Cordes(last updated: 17/07/2018 02:42)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Inventory and COGS Excel SpreadsheetCreated for the purpose of tracking your Amazon Inventory purchases and Cost of Goods Sold.cogsexcelspreadsheettrackingamazon9,939add_shopping_cart
Fractionators Excel WorkbookFractionators workbook in Excel made to align with Chaper 3: Fractionation from textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers."excelspreadsheetworkbookfractionatorsmccabe-thiele78add_shopping_cart
Heat Exchangers Excel WorkbookHeat Exchangers Excel Workbook made to align with Chapter 12 of textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers" by Stephen Hallexcelspreadsheetengineeringworkbookheat exchangers254add_shopping_cart
OKR, PPP and KPI manager Excel Model for small startup teamsThis guide and spreadsheet is to help teams of up to 20 members manage their KPIs, OKRs, & PPPs.performancekpiexcelspreadsheetppp2,638add_shopping_cartfreeby Alexander Jarvis
Transformer Fault Current CalculationExcel model for calculation of transformer fault current.modelexcelspreadsheetengineeringformulae616add_shopping_cartfreeby Blakley Electrics
Fans, Blowers, and Compressors Excel WorkbookExcel workbook intended to align with Chaper 8: Fans, Blowers, and Compressors of textbook Rules of Thumb for Engineersexcelspreadsheetworkbookrules of thumb for engineersfans434add_shopping_cart
Inventory Food Cost CalculatorThis can be used to track all of your numbers at the end of the month and confirm those of the accounting function.accountingcalculatorexcelspreadsheetnumbers541add_shopping_cart
Annual Cash Flow ForecasterThis model is to help you forecast your cash flows for the next year. Built in excel with explanatory video included.yearlyprojectionssalescash flowcash206add_shopping_cart
Physical Properties Excel WorkbookPhysical Properties workbook to calculate steam & water thermodynamic properties.excelspreadsheetengineeringcalculationsworkbook335add_shopping_cart
Monthly Cash Flow DashboardAllowing you to enter cash inflows and outflows weekly so that you can see your cash position at the end of a week/monthsalescash flowmonthlyexcelspreadsheet555add_shopping_cart
Any questions on Retail Inventory And Sales Workbook?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!