Publication number: ELQ-82863-1
View all versions & Certificate
Three-Stage Dividend Discount Model
Value the equity in a firm with three stages of growth
Prof. Aswath Damodaran offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Cost of Equity
- Current Earnings per share
- Growth Rate in Earnings per share - Initial High - - Growth phase
- Historical Growth
- Outside Estimates
- Fundamental Growth
- Weighted Average
- Payout Ratio for high growth phase
- Stable Growth Phase
- Growth Rate in Stable Phase
- Payout Ratio in Stable Phase
- Cost of Equity in Stable Phase
- Price at the end of growth phase
- Present Value of dividends in high growth phase
- Present Value of dividends in transition phase
- Present Value of Terminal Price
- Value of the stock
Best suited for firms paying residual cash in dividends, while having high growth.
1. The firm is assumed to be in an extraordinary growth phase currently.
2. This extraordinary growth is expected to last for an initial period that has to be specified.
3. The growth rate declines linearly over the transition period to a stable growth rate.
4. The firm's dividend payout ratio changes consistently with the growth rate.
4.8 / 5 (20 votes)
Write a review
- Easy to use
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Value of Control in a Firm - Excel ModelThis Excel model analyzes the value of control in a firm.1,566add_shopping_cart
Merger Synergy Valuation Excel ModelThis Excel Model estimates the value of synergy in a merger.3,250add_shopping_cart
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.10,392add_shopping_cart
Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) Valuation Excel ModelAn Excel Model to value firms with operating income that is either positive or can be normalized to be positive.2,204add_shopping_cart
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Excel ModelThis DCF Excel Model provides a rough guide to which discounted cash flow model may be best suited to your firm.1,938add_shopping_cart
Dividend Discount ModelA complete dividend discount model that can do stable growth, 2-stage or 3-stage valuation.3,672add_shopping_cart
FCFF (Free Cash Flow for the Firm) Excel Model with exposure to country riskAn Excel FCFF Model allowing the user to enter a measure of company exposure to country risk when making a valuation721add_shopping_cart
FCFE (Free Cash Flow to Equity) Valuation ModelA complete FCFE valuation model that allows you to capital R&D and deal with options in the context of a valuation model2,245add_shopping_cart
High Growth Firms Valuation ModelValue tough-to-value firms, with negative earnings, high growth in revenues and few comparables614add_shopping_cart
Simple FCFF Model (Free Cash Flow for the Firm)A complete FCFF model that allows for changing margins and has default assumptions built in515add_shopping_cart
Valuation of PremiumsA model to value the premium you should pay for growth in either an intrinsic valuation or a relative valuation.300add_shopping_cart
Black-Scholes converted for Binomial TreeConverts the standard deviation input in the Black-Scholes model to up and down movements in the binomial tree.3,804add_shopping_cart
Any questions on Three-Stage Dividend Discount Model?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!