Last version published: 03/11/2022 14:48
Publication number: ELQ-86179-2
View all versions & Certificate
5-Year 3-Statement Financial Projection Model
User-friendly three-statement Excel projection model across 5 year period
PURPOSE OF MODEL
User-friendly Excel model intended for the preparation of a 3 statement (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow Statement) 5-year financial projection for a generic start-up or existing business
The model follows good practice financial modelling principles and includes instructions, checks and input validations.
The key outputs include:
- Projected full financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow Statement) across 5 years.
- Dashboard with
o Summarised projected Income Statement and Balance Sheet
o List of key metrics including Average revenue growth, Average profit margins, Average return on assets and equity and Average Debt to Equity ratio
o Bar charts summarising income statement and Balance Sheet projections
Inputs are split into setup, actual and projection inputs and include input validations to help users populate correctly.
- Name of business;
- First projection year
- Revenue and other income inputs;
- Expense inputs including cost of sales percentages, marketing and general admin expenses;
- Corporate tax and interest rate inputs
- Fixed Assets including addition amounts and useful life;
- Working capital inputs including average debtor and creditor days and inventory percentages;
- Borrowings including addition amounts and interest rate;
- Share Capital additions and dividend distributions
The model comprises of 9 tabs split into input ('i_'), calculation ('c_'), output ('o_’) and system tabs. The tabs to be populated by the user are the input tabs ('i_Setup', ‘i_Actuals’ and 'i_Assumptions'). The calculation tab uses the user-defined inputs to calculate and produce the projection outputs which are presented in 'o_Fin Stats' and ‘o_Dashboard’
System tabs include:
- A 'Front Sheet' containing a disclaimer, instructions and contents;
- A Checks dashboard containing a summary of checks by tab.
Other key features of this model include the following:
- The model follows good practice financial modelling guidelines and includes instructions, checks and input validations to help ensure input fields are populated accurately;
- The model includes an 8-year timeline consisting of 3 years of actuals (if applicable) and 5 projection years;
- The model is password protected. Not password protected version can be provided upon contribution of at least $15
- Apart from projecting revenue and costs the tool includes the possibility to model receivables and payables, fixed assets, borrowings, dividends and corporate tax;
- Business Name, currency, starting projection year are fully customisable
- The model includes a checks dashboard which summarises all the checks included in the various tabs making it easier to identify any errors.
If you require any be-spoke modifications to the tool, we are more than happy to assist with this. Please send us a message through the Eloquens site or contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are financial modelling professionals with experience working in big 4 business modelling teams and strong experience supporting businesses with their financial planning and decision support needs. Our aim is to provide robust and easy-to-use models that follow good practice financial modelling guidelines and assist individuals and businesses with key financial planning and analysis processes.
We are keen to make sure our customers are satisfied with the tools / models they purchase and will be more than happy to assist with any questions or support required following or in advance of purchase.
We are also always keen to receive feedback so please do let us know any feedback you have on our models by sending us a message or submitting a review.
This Best Practice includes
2 Excel Models (populated and not populated)
Projectify offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
Preparation of a three statement 5-year financial projection on a yearly timeline for a new or existing business