Last version published: 22/11/2017 14:01
Publication number: ELQ-24313-2
View all versions & Certificate
Fault Current Calculation Spreadsheet
MS Excel Spreadsheet helping you to easily calculate fault current.
By inputting some values into fields that have been indicated for you, this spreadsheet will demonstrate how you can simply calculate fault current.
You will find sheet with very nice example already fulfilled. Before starting fault current calculation, you will have to choose between Step 1a and Step 1b which are explained below.
The sheet comes with an example already filled in. Before proceeding with your fault current calculation, you will be required to choose between Step 1a and Step 1b.
From your local Utility, input available fault current ampere rating.
Input the kVA rating power factor (PF) & Impedance (Z) not needed in order to proceed.
*Note: When you have inserted the kVA rating power factor and the impedance, you must then select the voltage from the dropdown box before the value is able to be calculated.
*Originally shared on electrical-engineering-portal.com*
This Best Practice includes
1 Downloadable Fault Current Calculation Spreadsheet
John Sokolik offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.5 / 5 (33 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Tracy Hensarling(last updated: 25/05/2021 14:35)
- Sumit Kumar574(last updated: 30/03/2021 03:09)
- Eddie Hutcheons(last updated: 26/03/2021 06:03)
- Pras .ST(last updated: 09/03/2021 14:49)
- vilakone sipasith(last updated: 14/01/2021 15:50)
- Sal Mendez(last updated: 27/11/2020 17:30)
- Travis Hills(last updated: 09/11/2020 03:18)
- Phillip Solomon(last updated: 30/09/2020 04:44)
- Charles.HA. Chen(last updated: 20/09/2020 04:43)
- Malvin Napao REE RME ECT(last updated: 24/05/2020 12:01)
- Ashappa U(last updated: 23/04/2020 06:15)
- Chester Hugh Hinkson(last updated: 10/03/2020 19:29)
- Jeanpy Julva(last updated: 25/02/2020 01:09)
- duman karachookha(last updated: 02/01/2020 23:33)
- Rashid Akbar KaimKhani(last updated: 11/12/2019 09:24)
- Shuk Ran(last updated: 09/11/2019 05:28)
- kiran behera(last updated: 03/10/2019 11:30)
- Genaro Dela Cruz, PEE,MBA,Asean E,ACPE(last updated: 14/08/2019 22:33)
- Mahesh Ghadge(last updated: 12/08/2019 08:42)
- Jaime Arroyo(last updated: 26/04/2019 12:08)
- Wang Chin(last updated: 13/02/2019 18:30)
- 류승현(last updated: 12/02/2019 15:42)
- Isabel Meneses(last updated: 31/01/2019 15:46)
- Paddy Keys(last updated: 01/11/2018 10:29)Fault Current calculation
- Ujjwal Katwal(last updated: 11/10/2018 10:11)
- Kim Mull(last updated: 14/09/2018 17:42)
- Chris Faurie(last updated: 06/09/2018 07:30)
- Pravinchandra Mehta(last updated: 29/07/2018 09:42)
- Larry Martin(last updated: 20/07/2018 04:47)
- amit jakate(last updated: 13/07/2018 12:08)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Pump Efficiency Calculation ToolCalculation tool to work out the energy efficiency and performance of water pumping facilities.calculatorexcelspreadsheetengineeringcalculations441add_shopping_cart
Bus Bar Size and Voltage Drop Calculation ToolThis tool can be used for calculating the size and voltage drop for bus bar.calculatorexcelspreadsheetengineeringbus bar2,947add_shopping_cart
Transformer Fault Current CalculationExcel model for calculation of transformer fault current.modelexcelspreadsheetengineeringformulae759add_shopping_cart
Absorbers Excel WorkbookAbsorbers Excel Workbook created to align with Chapter 4: 'Absorbers' of textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers."excelspreadsheetengineeringabsorbershenrys law330add_shopping_cart
Co-Founder Equity Split TemplateSpreadsheet containing 5 calculators and a box that takes the average of everything among all 5.equitycalculatorexcelspreadsheetco-founders1,808add_shopping_cart
Calculator to Determine the Capacitor kVARCalculator is Excel used to determine the capacitor kVAR needed to improve PF of a single load/entire power system.calculatorexcelspreadsheetelectrical engineeringcapacitor calculator1,448add_shopping_cart
Motor Starting Calculation SpreadsheetA case study in excel demonstrating a motor starting for any given electrical network by reduction of the network.spreadsheetnetworkengineeringmotor startingcalculation1,220add_shopping_cart
Sales Efficiency Metrics: How to Calculate the SaaS Magic NumberThis model will show you how to calculate the SaaS Magic Number to measure sales efficiency.modelcalculatorsaasmetricscac1,582add_shopping_cart
Heat Exchangers Excel WorkbookHeat Exchangers Excel Workbook made to align with Chapter 12 of textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers" by Stephen Hallexcelspreadsheetengineeringworkbookheat exchangers427add_shopping_cart
Electrical Load and Energy Consumption CalculatorThis tool allows you to calculate the energy consumption and electrical load of panel.excelspreadsheetengineeringcalculationselectrical2,933add_shopping_cart
More Best Practices from John Sokolik
Discussion feed for Fault Current Calculation Spreadsheet
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!