Last version published: 03/01/2017 09:59
Publication number: ELQ-69937-2
View all versions & Certificate
Variance Analysis Template
This is an Excel model template for Master Revenue Variance Analysis (Volume, Mix, Price, Fx Rate).
The use of budgets is one of the main ways in which firms plan and control their behaviour. Firms set targets, and then periodically compare how their actual figures compare. Looking at deviations between current and previous periods helps firms with performance analysis. It may be clear when sales are higher or lower than expected, however, reasons behind such deviations may not be as obvious (expect in the case where a deep dive analysis has already been performed). Explaining these sources of deviation is important for firms.
To do this, firms often use variance analysis which is used to investigate the difference between actual and planned behaviour. By comparing a specified period (such as the current month, the current year, the last estimation, and so on) with a base period, one can analyse deviations and begin to explore the reasons behind them.
This variance analysis model is intended to help understand the real causes of variances in your firm. By doing so, you can easily track performance and decide how to focus your time! The accompanying article provides further clarity and explanation of variance analysis.
- Umit Coskun, 2016
This business tool includes
1 Excel Model, 1 PDF Article
Umit Coskun offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Choi Tony(last updated: 13/05/2019 02:43)
- Abiodun Majolagbe(last updated: 18/04/2019 04:15)
- Mohamed Adel Murshedy(last updated: 21/03/2019 13:23)
- Mitchell Posner558(last updated: 07/03/2019 20:24)
- PAUL MCINTYRE (ACMA)898(last updated: 28/02/2019 13:07)
- CMA Sachin Tarle(last updated: 26/02/2019 05:14)
- Fabiola Rob(last updated: 19/02/2019 11:16)
- Tibor Rusiňák(last updated: 12/02/2019 14:25)
- David wei(last updated: 15/01/2019 16:14)
- Roberto Seugling(last updated: 04/01/2019 10:29)
- Amr El fayoumi(last updated: 31/12/2018 11:42)
- Andry Mulyadi(last updated: 18/12/2018 09:48)
- Mehdi Bassou(last updated: 13/10/2018 19:09)
- Hogar Ötles(last updated: 13/10/2018 02:24)
- Vinay Agrawal(last updated: 04/08/2018 04:19)
- Vinod Rao(last updated: 05/06/2018 07:23)
- K.M.FARHAD ALAM(last updated: 14/05/2018 10:31)
- Thomas Schmid(last updated: 11/05/2018 09:47)
- Mohammed Halaseh(last updated: 12/03/2018 12:54)
- Dr. Michael Samonas(last updated: 29/09/2017 16:13)
- Elly(last updated: 27/08/2017 14:03)
People using this tool also downloaded
How to Forecast RevenueThis video simply explains how to forecast revenue using easy-to-follow diagrams and examples.revenuefinancecustomersvolumeprice75free by David Liu
Balanced Scorecard Dashboard Excel ModelThis is a balanced scorecard summary report, presented in a succinct clear format which is ready to use.revenuefinancedashboardkpiexcel311$149.00 by Marcus Small
Estimating the Value of Financial FlexibilityCalculate the value of financial flexibilitystrategyfinancevaluationdebtplanning207
SaaS Model - Net Present Value for Simple Web BusinessA simple NPV model for you to evaluate the likelihood of success for your businessgrowthrevenuefinancenpvfinancial model1,232free by David Worrell
Estimating the value of the option to abandon a project or investmentDetermine whether a project or investment should be abandonedstrategyriskfinanceproject managementplanning157
Estimating Compounded Revenue Growth RateThis model can be used to estimate revenue rates for firms for up to 10 yearsgrowthestimaterevenuefinanceforecast119
Capital Budgetting WorkbookThis model can be adapted to illustrate concepts related to capital budgeting analysis of projectsbudgetfinancevaluationplanning252free by Matt Evans
Internet Business Financial Model SIBM - SpartinaManage your Cash, Increase Startup Revenue & Grow your Profitsrevenuefinancefinancial modelstartupentrepreneurship1,599free by David Hehman
Adjusting Entries for Accrued ExpensesThis video, by David Burrell, explains adjusting entries, citing examples, for accrued expenses.revenuefinanceaccountingexpensesfinancial accounting22free by David Burrell
Simple Price, Gross Margin & Unit Variance Analysis Excel ModelThis is a Simple Price, Gross Margin and Unit Variance Analysis summarizes Price, Gross Margin and Units Sold Model.financeaccountingleadershipvariancepriceNew!$15.00 by CFO.University
Any questions on Variance Analysis Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!