Last version published: 12/06/2017 09:07
Publication number: ELQ-12752-2
View all versions & Certificate
Startup Pro-forma Profit and Loss statement (P&L) Template
Made to help you construct a high level operation plan for your startup.
With the use of the following template, you will be able to make up your own pro-forma Profit and Loss statement.
To give you some guidance on the components of this template, read the explanations below:
• P&L by year: The company’s vision on how it will generate revenue, and where it will have to make expenditures to bring in that revenue. This view is key; you need to show this to investors.
• P&L by quarter: This worksheet breaks down financials by quarter- Which may be of particular importance for highly seasonal businesses.
• Sales plan: the most important worksheet- it captures your business model, the tool that will capture value from your customers, but that will also guide you through how to acquire customers and drive your sales up overtime.
• COGS – Cost of Goods Sold. This goes along with the sales projections in the sales plan. COGS is key for hardware businesses and software businesses that license technology from another entity.
• Staffing plan: outlines the key driver for operating expenses- compensation for employees.
• Expenses: other expenses outside headcount; may be important for hardware business with a lot of non-recurring engineering (NRE) expenses.
• Balance sheet: summarizes assets and liabilities. Not exactly relevant for day to day management, however the cashflow statement is a much more important financial statement.
• Capex and Cash Flow: Looks at cash fluctuation at year over quarter and quarter over quarter. This is important for day to day management- remember, cash is the only way you can operate.
If the template sounds confusing, keep in mind that all you need to understand is how to construct the P&L, and to have all the necessary data to back up ideas on how you will expand revenue. The rest can be done by a finance professional- after you close on a significant round of financing.
- Charlie Tillet
This business tool includes
1 excel sheet
Charlie Tillett offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Mark Anthony Ferrer(last updated: 17/11/2018 09:11)
- Percy Bird JR(last updated: 16/11/2018 13:24)
- Kuok Meng Chit(last updated: 16/11/2018 02:04)
- David H.(last updated: 13/11/2018 19:55)
- Joey Taylor(last updated: 10/11/2018 15:19)
- Murph Ada(last updated: 29/10/2018 22:39)
- Quan Quach(last updated: 26/10/2018 07:53)
- Shamika Bayne(last updated: 22/10/2018 17:19)
- Mwenda B. Albert Kazadi(last updated: 19/10/2018 19:41)
- George Frank(last updated: 17/10/2018 01:43)
- Jeff Bennion(last updated: 12/10/2018 18:14)
- Scotty Jones(last updated: 12/10/2018 15:40)
- Rahul Malani(last updated: 09/10/2018 08:12)
- Bhawna Mehta(last updated: 07/10/2018 17:21)
- clay t.(last updated: 04/10/2018 17:31)
- Yih-How Lew(last updated: 03/10/2018 13:28)
- Zenithbiz (UK) Ltd(last updated: 03/10/2018 11:19)
- Srishti Saini(last updated: 02/10/2018 04:43)
- SGE(last updated: 28/09/2018 06:47)
- CJ Kumar(last updated: 27/09/2018 10:05)
- Nat Sunan(last updated: 26/09/2018 21:10)
- Sam Arellano(last updated: 24/09/2018 23:56)
- Elisa Procope(last updated: 19/09/2018 19:57)
- Nirvana Martin(last updated: 09/09/2018 20:08)
- clairecai(last updated: 07/09/2018 22:42)
- Abdullah Al-lababidy(last updated: 05/09/2018 21:30)
- guangquan liu(last updated: 04/09/2018 09:34)
- David wei(last updated: 04/09/2018 06:37)
- 吴帽子(last updated: 02/09/2018 21:14)
- Sanjay K Agarwalla(last updated: 28/08/2018 18:28)
People using this tool also downloaded
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcelcashflow743 remove_red_eye
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowfree1,568 remove_red_eyefreeby Tim Raybould
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowcf2,531 remove_red_eye
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscriptionecommercetemplateexcelspreadsheetgrowing201 remove_red_eye$199.00by Alexander Jarvis
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.income statementaccountingexpensesfinancial statementtemplateexcelspreadsheetbookkeepingprofit and lossprofit and loss statement371 remove_red_eyefreeby Sarah Booysen
Personnel Forecast Excel Model TemplateHow to create detailed headcount forecasts using excelmodelexpensesforecasttemplateexceloperating expensesemployeesstaffwagespersonnel897 remove_red_eyefreeby Ben Murray
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.startupsaaskpistemplateexceldownloadreportingrecurring revenue model4,180 remove_red_eyefreeby Amit Karp
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.analysisratiosprofitabilitytemplateexcelspreadsheetreal statecashflowcashflow analyzer1,849 remove_red_eye
Basic Startup Cost modelAnswers the question to how much you need to raise for a venture backed startup.costmodelsimplestartuptemplateexcelsampleraise capitalmanage cash burn4,068 remove_red_eye
Comprehensive Restaurant Financial Excel Model Template (Pro Forma Statements for Business Plan)Complete Financial Model to Start Your Own Restaurant and Bar Anywhere in the Worldprojectionsbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcelrestauranthospitalityhotelbarfood226 remove_red_eyefreeby Faheem Moosa
Discussion feed for Startup Pro-forma Profit And Loss Statement (P&L) Template
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!