Last version published: 12/06/2017 09:07
Publication number: ELQ-12752-2
View all versions & Certificate
Startup Pro-forma Profit and Loss statement (P&L) Template
Made to help you construct a high level operation plan for your startup.
With the use of the following template, you will be able to make up your own pro-forma Profit and Loss statement.
To give you some guidance on the components of this template, read the explanations below:
• P&L by year: The company’s vision on how it will generate revenue, and where it will have to make expenditures to bring in that revenue. This view is key; you need to show this to investors.
• P&L by quarter: This worksheet breaks down financials by quarter- Which may be of particular importance for highly seasonal businesses.
• Sales plan: the most important worksheet- it captures your business model, the tool that will capture value from your customers, but that will also guide you through how to acquire customers and drive your sales up overtime.
• COGS – Cost of Goods Sold. This goes along with the sales projections in the sales plan. COGS is key for hardware businesses and software businesses that license technology from another entity.
• Staffing plan: outlines the key driver for operating expenses- compensation for employees.
• Expenses: other expenses outside headcount; may be important for hardware business with a lot of non-recurring engineering (NRE) expenses.
• Balance sheet: summarizes assets and liabilities. Not exactly relevant for day to day management, however the cashflow statement is a much more important financial statement.
• Capex and Cash Flow: Looks at cash fluctuation at year over quarter and quarter over quarter. This is important for day to day management- remember, cash is the only way you can operate.
If the template sounds confusing, keep in mind that all you need to understand is how to construct the P&L, and to have all the necessary data to back up ideas on how you will expand revenue. The rest can be done by a finance professional- after you close on a significant round of financing.
- Charlie Tillet
This business tool includes
1 excel sheet
Charlie Tillett offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Mier Benyamin(last updated: 12/02/2019 00:44)
- Emmanuel Akinola(last updated: 08/02/2019 05:38)
- Jeff Graham(last updated: 07/02/2019 22:44)
- Andry(last updated: 05/02/2019 02:05)
- Ken Phillips(last updated: 03/02/2019 15:08)
- phive(last updated: 02/02/2019 08:37)
- Mohnish Amarnani(last updated: 29/01/2019 11:47)First look seems amazing !
- Raki Shah(last updated: 17/01/2019 18:00)
- Nate Gerstle(last updated: 15/01/2019 19:48)
- Muhammed Saeed(last updated: 13/01/2019 11:26)
- Anil Kaura Assoc CIPD, MAHRI(last updated: 12/01/2019 16:43)
- Nathaniel DiMemmo(last updated: 07/01/2019 15:07)
- Olivier Lepez(last updated: 05/01/2019 18:05)
- Munaf Thakur(last updated: 02/01/2019 10:59)
- Xuan Yang(last updated: 01/01/2019 23:39)
- Julian G(last updated: 30/12/2018 02:36)
- Huyen Ho864(last updated: 19/12/2018 07:19)
- Mick Hopkins(last updated: 18/12/2018 20:04)
- Hisham Khayat(last updated: 18/12/2018 11:27)
- Sola Peter(last updated: 17/12/2018 13:43)
- Sandar Aung(last updated: 17/12/2018 07:40)
- Nick Arora(last updated: 16/12/2018 01:59)
- Gheorghe Dragomir IV(last updated: 14/12/2018 21:10)
- Tony P(last updated: 11/12/2018 20:58)
- Rip Warendorf(last updated: 09/12/2018 04:19)
- OSKR Inc.(last updated: 07/12/2018 20:39)
- Jagadeesh V(last updated: 07/12/2018 12:43)
- Almak Solutions(last updated: 07/12/2018 05:35)
- Jade Koyle(last updated: 03/12/2018 17:01)
- Tony Schuster(last updated: 30/11/2018 14:24)
People using this tool also downloaded
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionmodelforecastbalance sheetstartuptemplateexcelraising fundscashflowgeneric3 statement489 remove_red_eye$50.00by Projectify
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcelcashflow1,086 remove_red_eye
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowfree1,246 remove_red_eyefreeby Tim Raybould
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowcf2,433 remove_red_eye
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscriptionecommercetemplateexcelspreadsheetgrowing348 remove_red_eye$299.00by Alexander Jarvis
Personnel Forecast Excel Model TemplateHow to create detailed headcount forecasts using excelmodelexpensesforecasttemplateexceloperating expensesemployeesstaffwagespersonnel1,375 remove_red_eyefreeby Ben Murray
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.income statementaccountingexpensesfinancial statementtemplateexcelspreadsheetbookkeepingprofit and lossprofit and loss statement460 remove_red_eyefreeby Sarah Booysen
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.analysisratiosprofitabilitytemplateexcelspreadsheetreal statecashflowcashflow analyzer1,649 remove_red_eye
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.startupsaaskpistemplateexceldownloadreportingrecurring revenue model3,949 remove_red_eyefreeby Amit Karp
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartupearly-stagesaastemplateexcel3,114 remove_red_eyefreeby Gary Gaspar
Discussion feed for Startup Pro-forma Profit And Loss Statement (P&L) Template
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!