Last version published: 12/06/2017 09:07
Publication number: ELQ-12752-2
View all versions & Certificate
Startup Pro-forma Profit and Loss statement (P&L) Template
Made to help you construct a high level operation plan for your startup.
With the use of the following template, you will be able to make up your own pro-forma Profit and Loss statement.
To give you some guidance on the components of this template, read the explanations below:
• P&L by year: The company’s vision on how it will generate revenue, and where it will have to make expenditures to bring in that revenue. This view is key; you need to show this to investors.
• P&L by quarter: This worksheet breaks down financials by quarter- Which may be of particular importance for highly seasonal businesses.
• Sales plan: the most important worksheet- it captures your business model, the tool that will capture value from your customers, but that will also guide you through how to acquire customers and drive your sales up overtime.
• COGS – Cost of Goods Sold. This goes along with the sales projections in the sales plan. COGS is key for hardware businesses and software businesses that license technology from another entity.
• Staffing plan: outlines the key driver for operating expenses- compensation for employees.
• Expenses: other expenses outside headcount; may be important for hardware business with a lot of non-recurring engineering (NRE) expenses.
• Balance sheet: summarizes assets and liabilities. Not exactly relevant for day to day management, however the cashflow statement is a much more important financial statement.
• Capex and Cash Flow: Looks at cash fluctuation at year over quarter and quarter over quarter. This is important for day to day management- remember, cash is the only way you can operate.
If the template sounds confusing, keep in mind that all you need to understand is how to construct the P&L, and to have all the necessary data to back up ideas on how you will expand revenue. The rest can be done by a finance professional- after you close on a significant round of financing.
- Charlie Tillet
This business tool includes
1 excel sheet
Charlie Tillett offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Abu Bakar Siddique(last updated: 20/04/2019 19:20)
- Granfy (Guanghui) FU(last updated: 19/04/2019 09:54)
- Robert Hodby(last updated: 16/04/2019 02:50)
- John Fraher(last updated: 13/04/2019 20:30)
- Praveen Gadelli(last updated: 13/04/2019 04:16)
- Alejandro Lee(last updated: 10/04/2019 20:03)
- Joon Im(last updated: 08/04/2019 16:01)
- Francesco Bologni(last updated: 07/04/2019 18:10)
- Dedi Setiadi(last updated: 07/04/2019 14:58)
- kofi(last updated: 01/04/2019 10:09)
- Yanisa Kor(last updated: 30/03/2019 03:43)
- Thảo Hồng(last updated: 29/03/2019 03:44)
- pamela barnes(last updated: 23/03/2019 05:28)
- Model ME Financial Modelling Solutions(last updated: 22/03/2019 03:55)
- AKM-YIHEA(last updated: 21/03/2019 08:08)
- Michael Striligkás(last updated: 17/03/2019 22:09)
- Aek Ninchuawong(last updated: 14/03/2019 01:34)
- Savannah Tufts(last updated: 13/03/2019 20:46)
- Joseph F. Peter(last updated: 11/03/2019 09:11)
- Adrian Delgado(last updated: 10/03/2019 20:54)
- Lewis Rumpler(last updated: 10/03/2019 17:28)
- Kobe Kobson Motlhatlhedi(last updated: 10/03/2019 08:23)
- Alan O'Loughlin(last updated: 06/03/2019 09:34)
- Jennifer Reighard(last updated: 28/02/2019 03:30)
- Tania Kaschl-Drews(last updated: 27/02/2019 02:35)
- Riadh Khalfallah(last updated: 25/02/2019 14:53)
- Kent Lindsey(last updated: 23/02/2019 17:30)
- Ioannis Chatziioannou, MBA, LLM(last updated: 23/02/2019 02:43)
- Choi Tony(last updated: 19/02/2019 15:02)
- Mier Benyamin(last updated: 12/02/2019 00:44)
People using this tool also downloaded
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness plancashflowexcelfinancial modelstartup1,288free by Jacek Polewski
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.cashflowexcelforecastfreemodel1,328free by Tim Raybould
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup business3 statementbalance sheetcashflowexcelfinancial916$30.00 by Projectify
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.cashflowcfexcelforecastmodel2,733free by Start Up Loans
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelecommerceexcelfinancial modelfundraisinggrowing447$369.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.accountingbookkeepingexcelexpensesfinancial statement514free by Sarah Booysen
Personnel Forecast Excel Model TemplateHow to create detailed headcount forecasts using excelemployeesexcelexpensesforecastmodel1,870free by Ben Murray
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.downloadexcelkpisrecurring revenue modelreporting4,254free by Amit Karp
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.analysiscashflowcashflow analyzerexcelprofitability1,818free by Michael Rogers
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.early-stageexcelfinancialinvestormodel3,375free by Gary Gaspar
Discussion feed for Startup Pro-forma Profit And Loss Statement (P&L) Template
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!