Last version published: 12/06/2017 09:07
Publication number: ELQ-12752-2
View all versions & Certificate
Startup Pro-forma Profit and Loss statement (P&L) Template
Made to help you construct a high level operation plan for your startup.
With the use of the following template, you will be able to make up your own pro-forma Profit and Loss statement.
To give you some guidance on the components of this template, read the explanations below:
• P&L by year: The company’s vision on how it will generate revenue, and where it will have to make expenditures to bring in that revenue. This view is key; you need to show this to investors.
• P&L by quarter: This worksheet breaks down financials by quarter- Which may be of particular importance for highly seasonal businesses.
• Sales plan: the most important worksheet- it captures your business model, the tool that will capture value from your customers, but that will also guide you through how to acquire customers and drive your sales up overtime.
• COGS – Cost of Goods Sold. This goes along with the sales projections in the sales plan. COGS is key for hardware businesses and software businesses that license technology from another entity.
• Staffing plan: outlines the key driver for operating expenses- compensation for employees.
• Expenses: other expenses outside headcount; may be important for hardware business with a lot of non-recurring engineering (NRE) expenses.
• Balance sheet: summarizes assets and liabilities. Not exactly relevant for day to day management, however the cashflow statement is a much more important financial statement.
• Capex and Cash Flow: Looks at cash fluctuation at year over quarter and quarter over quarter. This is important for day to day management- remember, cash is the only way you can operate.
If the template sounds confusing, keep in mind that all you need to understand is how to construct the P&L, and to have all the necessary data to back up ideas on how you will expand revenue. The rest can be done by a finance professional- after you close on a significant round of financing.
- Charlie Tillet
This business tool includes
1 excel sheet
Charlie Tillett offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Brian Hoang(last updated: 13/08/2019 00:20)
- Daiana Cardozo Costaganna(last updated: 04/08/2019 11:27)
- Shannon Castillo(last updated: 26/07/2019 21:54)
- Shang Ong(last updated: 26/07/2019 06:29)
- Arthur L. Burris Jr.(last updated: 23/07/2019 19:05)
- Ming Qi(last updated: 21/07/2019 19:40)
- Mariah Lichtenstern(last updated: 17/07/2019 23:52)
- Greg Idele(last updated: 14/07/2019 16:40)
- Henry Chung(last updated: 11/07/2019 05:57)
- Ravish Bhat(last updated: 06/07/2019 09:34)
- Jim Goers(last updated: 30/06/2019 18:54)
- Stavros(last updated: 27/06/2019 06:49)
- Kusnadi Halim Salim(last updated: 24/06/2019 06:30)
- Sammy Nakhla(last updated: 20/06/2019 17:13)
- Piyush arya(last updated: 14/06/2019 19:04)
- Moni Abraham(last updated: 11/06/2019 23:25)
- Jimmy Halim(last updated: 04/06/2019 19:25)
- Jefferson Tsosie(last updated: 04/06/2019 18:51)
- christian tyler(last updated: 02/06/2019 14:37)
- BRIAN ODHIAMBO(last updated: 29/05/2019 20:25)
- Nagarajan Muruganantham(last updated: 23/05/2019 08:58)
- Robert Jones(last updated: 22/05/2019 11:06)
- Elena Sin(last updated: 20/05/2019 04:11)
- Andrew Herrmann(last updated: 18/05/2019 16:12)
- Chen Guobin(last updated: 13/05/2019 03:20)
- Ryan McCoy652(last updated: 08/05/2019 15:40)
- Shafique Ahmed(last updated: 01/05/2019 13:09)
- Niv(last updated: 01/05/2019 11:03)
- Julia Koo(last updated: 30/04/2019 21:00)
- Michelle Grays(last updated: 24/04/2019 01:05)
People using this tool also downloaded
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionmodelforecast1,285$30.00 by Projectify
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcel1,570free by Jacek Polewski
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcel1,493free by Tim Raybould
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplate3,183free by Start Up Loans
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscription583$369.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Personnel Forecast Excel Model TemplateHow to create detailed headcount forecasts using excelmodelexpensesforecasttemplateexcel2,667free by Ben Murray
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.analysisratiosprofitabilitytemplateexcel2,025free by Michael Rogers
SaaS Metrics Excel TemplateA standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.startupsaaskpistemplateexcel4,788free by Amit Karp
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartup3,821free by Gary Gaspar
Profit & Loss Statement Template in ExcelThis is a blank Profit & Loss Statement (or Income Statement) made in Excel.income statementaccountingexpensesfinancial statementtemplate600free by Sarah Booysen
Discussion feed for Startup Pro-forma Profit And Loss Statement (P&L) Template
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!