Last version published: 30/03/2017 10:06
Publication number: ELQ-33192-2
View all versions & Certificate
Leveraged Buyout LBO Model
A fully customizable excel LBO model to assess the debt level your firm can take in a deal & expected investor returns
Why waste time making your own Leveraged Buyout Model?
A leveraged buyout model shows what happens when a private equity firm or private investors acquire a company using a combination of equity and debt, and then sells it in 3-5 years. Leveraged buyouts are similar to normal M&A deals, but in an LBO you assume that the buyer is a financial investor and sells the target in the future.
* Input major inputs on Summary worksheet (all inputs in blue).
* Input company historical financial information on Historical Financials worksheet (all inputs in blue).
* Input assumptions for future periods on Assumptions worksheet (all inputs in blue).
* Optional assumptions on Projected Financials worksheet (all inputs in blue).
* Optional assumptions on Return Analysis worksheet (all inputs in blue).
* Model assumes 100% acquisition of target company.
* Model assumes most recent year-end balance sheet is closing balance sheet for transaction.
* Model assumes no step-up in asset values.
* Model assumes no amortization of goodwill from acquisition.
* Transaction amount (Uses of Funds) is expected to equal Financing Amounts (Sources of Funds).
* Debt amortization = "Yes" results in equal annual amortization.
* Debt amortization = "No" results in balloon repayment.
* Short-term debt is not amortized in model.
* Model assumes investment exit in 5th year following acquisition.
* Use Print -> Entire workbook to print all pages.
- Firmex Team
This business tool includes
1 Excel Model
Firmex offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- 雅韵 刘(last updated: 26/04/2018 07:34)
- Khalid Aziz(last updated: 21/04/2018 11:54)
- Liyaquat Ali(last updated: 21/04/2018 11:40)
- Fola Pedro, ACCA(last updated: 20/03/2018 09:19)
- Fadel Naeem(last updated: 19/01/2018 00:05)
- Sakariyah Abdulrasheed Adekunle ACA(last updated: 11/01/2018 09:20)
- Reece P.(last updated: 04/12/2017 14:30)
- Alfonso Cioffi(last updated: 12/10/2017 20:22)
- Long Lê(last updated: 08/10/2017 11:03)
- Bhavna Katre(last updated: 29/09/2017 19:11)
- Vaibhav Chandoli(last updated: 19/07/2017 14:00)
People using this tool also downloaded
LBO Model - Company Valuation ToolAn LBO Model to learn how to Value all types of Businesses Like a Private Equity Professionalfinancevaluationleveraged buyoutprivate equityfinancial modelinglbolbo analysislbo model1,441 remove_red_eyefreeby Jon Taylor
LBO model - Leveraged Buyout AnalysisA step by step LBO model tutorial. It is easy to use and we provide support if needed. Have fun modeling!financevaluationleveraged buyoutprivate equityinvestment bankinglbom&amergers & acquisition6,542 remove_red_eye
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.financemodelfirmmergersleveraged buyoutlbolbo analysis4,018 remove_red_eye
Quarterly Leveraged Buyout LBO ModelAn LBO model illustrating a number of detailed analytical techniques to construct an acquisition LBO model with historyacquisitionmergerfinanceleveraged buyoutdcflbom&atransactionsbooklbo analysis662 remove_red_eye
Leveraged Buyout LBO Model TemplateA full Leveraged Buyout LBO model template for a project to understand its different components and work with your own.financevaluationleveraged buyoutdcfwacclbotemplatelbo analysislbo model2,095 remove_red_eye
Synergy Valuation Premium DCF Excel ModelA Premium Discounted Cash Flow DCF Model including synergy valuationmergersprivate equitym&aacquisitionsdcf modelsynergy valuationsynergy analysisdiscounted cash flow modeladvanced dcf model186 remove_red_eye$299.00by Business-Valuation.net
Leveraged Buyout Case on HeinzVideo lecture on core LBO fundamentals using the acquisition of Heinz as an example.financeleveraged buyoutcase studylboacquisitionslbo analysisheinzdebt valuation12 remove_red_eye
LBO Financial Model Excel Template (Illustrative)LBO (Leveraged Buyout) financial model for private companies (clean, simple, functional, and reusable template).acquisitionfinancialmodelleveraged buyoutprivate equitypefinancial modelinvestment bankinglboib121 remove_red_eye$100.00by Karl Schopf
Comparable Companies (NON-FDS) Excel ModelA full Excel valuation model template comparing companiesmergersmarket valuewacccomparablesinvestment bankingm&aacquisitions10ktevcomparable companies299 remove_red_eye
Combination ModelA 22 section excel model to assess the impact on the financials of the combination of companiescombinationimpactfinancemergersm&aacquisitionsfinancial statements1,762 remove_red_eye
Any questions on Leveraged Buyout LBO Model?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!