Last version published: 01/06/2017 11:06
Publication number: ELQ-15005-3
View all versions & Certificate
Basic Startup Cost model
Answers the question to how much you need to raise for a venture backed startup.
There comes a big issue when entrepreneurs are mislead about one of the crucial tools needed for a start up company. They are told to not use any financial model when making up their fundraising rounds until they get to the Series B level. However, we all know that this is very flawed.
I have made this simple and basic model for you to use as the basis for your own cost model. This should help you give you an idea of where to start when it comes to finding how much capital you need to reach that next milestone.
I highly advice founders to build on this or anything as such that you may come through because it does help in guiding you in the right direction - how much money to raise, and how to manage cash burn.
Additionally, some key ideas are given on the online methodology, which can be used as tips as build upon the model.
This Best Practice includes
1 excel model, 1 methodology online
Prof. Sunil Rajaraman offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
Does not have a revenue build.
4.6 / 5 (63 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Thomas Craven(last updated: 18/05/2021 03:17)
- Tariq Abdul Qadir(last updated: 11/02/2021 07:51)
- James Wilson(last updated: 04/07/2020 17:27)
- JJ Chandler(last updated: 30/06/2020 14:12)
- Prasann Shah(last updated: 29/06/2020 18:38)
- GES-Solutions (Pty) Ltd(last updated: 23/06/2020 13:03)
- Chandra Rau(last updated: 01/04/2020 15:02)
- Ragavendar Swamisai(last updated: 22/03/2020 23:45)
- Joe Gagnon(last updated: 06/03/2020 01:03)
- Alex Konyushenko(last updated: 30/01/2020 21:51)
- Abubakari Amadu(last updated: 16/01/2020 14:40)
- Ifeoma Orji(last updated: 21/10/2019 14:58)
- Ormondi Seda(last updated: 24/06/2019 19:00)
- WaiHin Hein Thant752(last updated: 28/05/2019 19:31)
- Radwan Al Jarrah(last updated: 12/05/2019 11:51)Great
- Allan Lins(last updated: 07/05/2019 14:44)
- Clark Chu(last updated: 11/04/2019 22:50)
- Ahsan Shah(last updated: 18/03/2019 13:42)
- Patrick Ngure(last updated: 07/03/2019 14:26)
- Somya S(last updated: 25/02/2019 09:06)
- BARAJAS VALDEZ OLIVIA YOLANDA(last updated: 24/02/2019 09:07)
- Ioannis Chatziioannou, MBA, LLM(last updated: 23/02/2019 02:46)
- Khaled Tanineh(last updated: 23/01/2019 07:26)
- Ivan Shklyaev(last updated: 18/01/2019 09:19)
- Toni Keller(last updated: 11/01/2019 22:45)
- Percy Bird(last updated: 28/12/2018 03:44)
- Erik Eberhard(last updated: 22/12/2018 19:36)
- Latif Ameer Babu(last updated: 03/12/2018 22:16)
- Harsh Kumar(last updated: 30/11/2018 13:14)
- lims conference(last updated: 16/11/2018 08:35)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartup6,036add_shopping_cartfreeby Gary Gaspar
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.financialmodelsimplestartupstartups3,320add_shopping_cartfreeby Vince Scafaria
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionstatementmodel8,106add_shopping_cart$39.00by Projectify
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplate5,071add_shopping_cartfreeby Start Up Loans
Enhanced Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly generic model for preparing a 5-year financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionmodelforecast1,783add_shopping_cart$49.00by Projectify
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcel2,007add_shopping_cartfreeby Tim Raybould
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.income statementfinancemodelbalance sheetstartup3,866add_shopping_cartfreeby Tayfun Uslu
Ecommerce Business: Template for Cohort AnalysisEstimate lifetime value for an Ecommerce business using a sample cohort analysis.analysisstartuplifetime valueecommercetemplate3,643add_shopping_cartfreeby Jeremy Liew
Multi-Establishment Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement ModelUser-friendly generic model for preparing a 5-year financial projection for a multi-establishment startup businessyearstatementmodelforecaststartup62add_shopping_cart$59.00by Projectify
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscription2,184add_shopping_cart$369.00by Alexander Jarvis
Discussion feed for Basic Startup Cost Model
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!