Last version published: 01/06/2017 11:06
Publication number: ELQ-15005-3
View all versions & Certificate
Basic Startup Cost model
Answers the question to how much you need to raise for a venture backed startup.
There comes a big issue when entrepreneurs are mislead about one of the crucial tools needed for a start up company. They are told to not use any financial model when making up their fundraising rounds until they get to the Series B level. However, we all know that this is very flawed.
I have made this simple and basic model for you to use as the basis for your own cost model. This should help you give you an idea of where to start when it comes to finding how much capital you need to reach that next milestone.
I highly advice founders to build on this or anything as such that you may come through because it does help in guiding you in the right direction - how much money to raise, and how to manage cash burn.
Additionally, some key ideas are given on the online methodology, which can be used as tips as build upon the model.
This business tool includes
1 excel model, 1 methodology online
Sunil Rajaraman offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
Does not have a revenue build.
- Ahsan Shah(last updated: 18/03/2019 13:42)
- Patrick Ngure(last updated: 07/03/2019 14:26)
- Somya S(last updated: 25/02/2019 09:06)
- BARAJAS VALDEZ OLIVIA YOLANDA(last updated: 24/02/2019 09:07)
- Ioannis Chatziioannou, MBA, LLM(last updated: 23/02/2019 02:46)
- Khaled Tanineh(last updated: 23/01/2019 07:26)
- Ivan Shklyaev(last updated: 18/01/2019 09:19)
- Toni Keller(last updated: 11/01/2019 22:45)
- Percy Bird(last updated: 28/12/2018 03:44)
- Erik Eberhard(last updated: 22/12/2018 19:36)
- Latif Ameer Babu(last updated: 03/12/2018 22:16)
- Harsh Kumar(last updated: 30/11/2018 13:14)
- lims conference(last updated: 16/11/2018 08:35)
- Venkatesh P M(last updated: 13/11/2018 05:08)
- Murph Ada(last updated: 29/10/2018 22:38)
- Standra Cheung(last updated: 22/10/2018 05:02)
- fayad alali(last updated: 15/10/2018 21:21)
- Mirza Saputra(last updated: 11/10/2018 11:21)
- Terry Ann Green(last updated: 08/10/2018 16:43)
- Sarper Celenk(last updated: 07/10/2018 23:13)
- Firas Eideh(last updated: 30/08/2018 19:08)
- Nirvana Martin(last updated: 28/08/2018 19:19)
- Rafael Siza(last updated: 27/08/2018 04:37)
- Shepherd Mambo(last updated: 23/08/2018 04:10)
- Recruitment Person(last updated: 15/08/2018 09:08)
- Bhanu Prakash M Rao(last updated: 11/08/2018 11:23)
- Kaan Senol(last updated: 07/08/2018 09:33)
- Sanjeev Singh129(last updated: 30/07/2018 01:52)
- Mark Wilson-Odigie(last updated: 13/07/2018 12:32)
- Cesar Pereira(last updated: 04/07/2018 23:49)
People using this tool also downloaded
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.early-stageexcelfinancialinvestormodel3,287free by Gary Gaspar
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.excelfinancialfreemodelsimple1,664free by Vince Scafaria
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup business3 statementbalance sheetcashflowexcelfinancial742$30.00 by Projectify
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.cashflowexcelforecastfreemodel1,287free by Tim Raybould
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.cashflowcfexcelforecastmodel2,602free by Start Up Loans
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.balance sheetdownloadexcelfinancefree1,871free by Tayfun Uslu
Ecommerce Business: Template for Cohort AnalysisEstimate lifetime value for an Ecommerce business using a sample cohort analysis.analysiscohortecommerceexcelfree1,738free by Jeremy Liew
Enterprise SaaS and SME/Consumer Fundraising Excel ModelFor large, complex SaaS companies with enterprise, consumer and SME customers looking to fundraise.enterpriseexcelfundraiseinvestorsmodel1,108$865.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelecommerceexcelfinancial modelfundraisinggrowing392
Ecommerce Financial Fundraising Excel TemplateThis is the best excel model template you will find on fundraising for your ecommerce startupecommerceexcelfinancialfundraisingmodel1,052
Discussion feed for Basic Startup Cost Model
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!