Last version published: 01/06/2017 11:06
Publication number: ELQ-15005-3
View all versions & Certificate
Basic Startup Cost model
Answers the question to how much you need to raise for a venture backed startup.
There comes a big issue when entrepreneurs are mislead about one of the crucial tools needed for a start up company. They are told to not use any financial model when making up their fundraising rounds until they get to the Series B level. However, we all know that this is very flawed.
I have made this simple and basic model for you to use as the basis for your own cost model. This should help you give you an idea of where to start when it comes to finding how much capital you need to reach that next milestone.
I highly advice founders to build on this or anything as such that you may come through because it does help in guiding you in the right direction - how much money to raise, and how to manage cash burn.
Additionally, some key ideas are given on the online methodology, which can be used as tips as build upon the model.
This business tool includes
1 excel model, 1 methodology online
Sunil Rajaraman offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
Does not have a revenue build.
- Latif Ameer Babu(last updated: 03/12/2018 22:16)
- Harsh Kumar(last updated: 30/11/2018 13:14)
- lims conference(last updated: 16/11/2018 08:35)
- Venkatesh P M(last updated: 13/11/2018 05:08)
- Murph Ada(last updated: 29/10/2018 22:38)
- Standra Cheung(last updated: 22/10/2018 05:02)
- fayad alali(last updated: 15/10/2018 21:21)
- Mirza Saputra(last updated: 11/10/2018 11:21)
- Terry Ann Green(last updated: 08/10/2018 16:43)
- Sarper Celenk(last updated: 07/10/2018 23:13)
- Firas Eideh(last updated: 30/08/2018 19:08)
- Nirvana Martin(last updated: 28/08/2018 19:19)
- Rafael Siza(last updated: 27/08/2018 04:37)
- Shepherd Mambo(last updated: 23/08/2018 04:10)
- Recruitment Person(last updated: 15/08/2018 09:08)
- Bhanu Prakash M Rao(last updated: 11/08/2018 11:23)
- Kaan Senol(last updated: 07/08/2018 09:33)
- Sanjeev Singh129(last updated: 30/07/2018 01:52)
- Mark Wilson-Odigie(last updated: 13/07/2018 12:32)
- Cesar Pereira(last updated: 04/07/2018 23:49)
- syru(last updated: 30/06/2018 09:06)
- Little Awaaz speech and hearing center(last updated: 21/06/2018 18:10)
- CJ Roberts(last updated: 15/06/2018 15:17)
- Kalie Hall(last updated: 12/06/2018 01:01)
- Seiko Anh(last updated: 08/06/2018 04:59)
- Srikanth Gorle(last updated: 07/06/2018 10:12)
- Michael Rainer(last updated: 30/05/2018 21:12)
- Ivan Maucuit(last updated: 30/05/2018 11:08)
- Faradillah Nurul Hikmah(last updated: 13/05/2018 07:25)
- Kyle Valway(last updated: 11/05/2018 03:13)
People using this tool also downloaded
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartupearly-stagesaastemplateexcel3,580 remove_red_eyefreeby Gary Gaspar
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.financialmodelsimplestartupstartupstemplateexcelfree1,909 remove_red_eye
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowfree1,620 remove_red_eyefreeby Tim Raybould
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.income statementfinancemodelbalance sheetstartuptemplateexcelfreedownloadmobile2,051 remove_red_eyefreeby Tayfun Uslu
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplateexcelcashflowcf2,681 remove_red_eye
Ecommerce Business: Template for Cohort AnalysisEstimate lifetime value for an Ecommerce business using a sample cohort analysis.analysisstartuplifetime valueecommercetemplateexcelsamplefreecohort1,743 remove_red_eyefreeby Jeremy Liew
Cash Sweep Concepts Excel TemplateUnderstand the four concepts of cash sweeping.financemodeltemplateexceldownloadcash sweepconcepts948 remove_red_eyefreeby Michael Shane
Ecommerce Financial Fundraising Excel TemplateThis is the best excel model template you will find on fundraising for your ecommerce startupfinancialmodelfundraisingecommercetemplateexcel815 remove_red_eye$189.00by Alexander Jarvis
Sample Investor Monthly Report TemplateReport on your progress to investors using the monthly report template.performancereportinvestormonthlytemplateexcelsampleangel investor883 remove_red_eye
Subscription E-Commerce Fundraising Financial ModelCombining an e-commerce product sales model & a subscription model to make one subscription e-commerce fundraising modelplanningfinancial modelstartupfundraisingsubscriptionecommercetemplateexcelspreadsheetgrowing261 remove_red_eye$199.00by Alexander Jarvis
Discussion feed for Basic Startup Cost Model
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!