Last version published: 22/02/2017 15:35
Publication number: ELQ-92230-2
View all versions & Certificate
Business Plan Template
Indicative sample template to be filled up to define your objectives and determine how you'll achieve them.
What is a business plan?
Business plans, or sometimes called business proposals, are written proposals that describe the core business objectives and how you plan to achieve in a given time period.
The business serves to support you, and others, understand how you plan to generate income and make your business sustainable. The plan includes information about your goals, strategies, marketing, sales plans and financial forecasts.
The template is downloadable below. However, if you have doubts on how to complete the template, have a look at the guide attached in the tool package.
Why is the business plan important?
There are multiple reasons for why it is worth it to design your business plan- even if you’re not aiming at applying for a start up loan.
Here are 7 reasons to have a business plan:
1) Structures, organizes, and clarifies your thoughts and ideas.
2) Supports goal setting while spotting any potential problems in achieving them.
3) Helps in giving a clear strategy to follow when things get blurry.
4) Necessary to secure external finance for your business. (Also required if applying for a Startup loan)
5) Allows you to keep track of your progress as time passes.
6) Ensures your team is working on the same objectives and visions.
7) Supports planning for the future.
For explanations and guidance on the sections of the template, have a look through the online methodology that clearly sets them out. Additionally, you will find some tips addressing how to write business plans on the last sections of the methodology.
- The Start up Loans Team
This business tool includes
1 Word file, 1 PDF Guide, 1 online methodology
Start Up Loans offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Orkhan Rustamov(last updated: 11/07/2019 07:14)
- Raghavendra Rao(last updated: 24/06/2019 14:57)
- George Abashidze(last updated: 20/06/2019 10:20)
- Choi Tony(last updated: 13/06/2019 01:16)
- Jose Vicente Soler Picó(last updated: 11/06/2019 11:13)
- Dale Ouellette(last updated: 10/06/2019 19:57)
- Rufaro Mafinyani(last updated: 04/06/2019 13:00)
- WaiHin Hein Thant752(last updated: 28/05/2019 19:28)
- kamil aboud(last updated: 16/05/2019 21:03)
- Manoel Alberto(last updated: 30/04/2019 22:32)
- Emre Demir(last updated: 26/04/2019 11:54)
- Kobe Kobson Motlhatlhedi(last updated: 15/04/2019 07:09)
- Gobusiness Talks(last updated: 04/03/2019 18:33)Great
- William Wang822(last updated: 21/02/2019 01:49)
- Steve Sturgell(last updated: 19/02/2019 08:17)
- Hana Ngô(last updated: 17/02/2019 14:04)
- Abdul Ghafur BE, MCIOB, AClArb, CQS,610(last updated: 09/02/2019 08:08)
- Bill Vann(last updated: 07/02/2019 23:13)
- Biswajit Karmakar B-Tech (Civil) MBA(last updated: 06/02/2019 04:52)
- William Böll(last updated: 24/01/2019 14:17)
- Luis Manuel González Nieto(last updated: 20/01/2019 22:52)
- John Gregg(last updated: 03/01/2019 06:08)
- Shae Seppi, MBA(last updated: 25/12/2018 16:59)
- ABDULELAH R(last updated: 16/12/2018 08:36)
- Norbert Labeja MBA,CFE, ACCA(last updated: 11/12/2018 12:04)
- Alice K. (Johnson) Butterfield(last updated: 03/12/2018 05:04)
- Sateesh Radhakrishnan(last updated: 25/11/2018 14:12)
- Peter Bräuner(last updated: 23/11/2018 13:10)
- Chandrashekhar Appe(last updated: 04/11/2018 16:15)
- Mostafa Ramdan(last updated: 18/10/2018 12:30)
People using this tool also downloaded
A Guide to Marketplaces: Handbook and SlidesA full guide dedicated and geared at Marketplace Startupsstartupsguidevcpdffree1,093
Virtual World Freemium Business Model TemplateA business model excel spreadsheet to help companies make business decisions and understand how variables interact.business planstartupfreemiumrevenue modeltemplate932free by Matthew Warneford
How to build a successful Digital Marketing and Measurement ModelA 5-step guide to perfecting your digital marketing and measurement model.stepsmarketingmodelguidepdf705free by Avinash Kaushik
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.income statementfinancemodelbalance sheetstartup2,254free by Tayfun Uslu
The Definitive Guide to Growth HackingA 100 page learning process to understanding Growth Hacking.growthmarketingcustomerstartupguide433free by Neil Patel
Investor Pitch Deck for StartupsHere’s the winning formula designed to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.investorstartupexcelfreedownload1,614$9.00 by Donna Griffit
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.performancestartupventure capitaldashboardkpi4,190
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.financialmodelsimplestartupstartups1,882free by Vince Scafaria
Cash Model Template for StartupsTemplate to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.modelforecaststartuptemplateexcel1,465free by Tim Raybould
One Page Marketing Plan for Anyone to UseList your major ideas down to focus on strategy conclusions.strategyplanmarketingcustomertemplate803free by Ivana Taylor
Any questions on Business Plan Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!