Last version published: 28/02/2022 10:01
Publication number: ELQ-62074-4
View all versions & Certificate
Furniture Store Financial Model – Dynamic 10 Year Forecast
Financial Model providing a dynamic up to 10-year financial forecast for a startup or existing Furniture Store.
Financial Model providing advanced financial planning & analysis for a Furniture Store.
Suitable for either a startup or an operating company, the model is a flexible tool for Furniture Store owners to calculate financial and operational activities, manage payroll, expenses, and inventory and analyze business profitability.
The model includes 2 main revenue sources; In-store Sales and E-commerce Sales (the user has the option to include or exclude E-shop from calculations). A detailed analysis of Revenue, GOGS, and Inventory for 5 main Product Categories (Sitting Furniture, Tables, Storage Furniture, Beds, Accessories) as well as a further breakdown of each Product category to subcategories (e.g. Sofas, Chairs, Dining Tables, TV Units etc.), allows user to have full control over the entire range of store products.
Outputs of the template include monthly and forecasted Financial Statements (3 Statement Model), Product Category Profitability Analysis, Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis, DCF & Payback, Breakeven Analysis, and Investors Returns Waterfall.
A variety of KPIs and Financial Ratios analyzes business performance and the company’s results are presented through sophisticated charts & graphs and are summarized on a professional Executive Dashboard.
The model is dynamic and allows users to select the desired forecasted Years (1 to 10). Output Reports & Charts are dynamically updated based on the selected forecast period (see examples of the dynamic functionality in the available screenshots).
The structure of the template follows Financial Modeling Best Practices principles and is fully customizable.
• General Business Info
• Product Categories / Subcategories
• Revenue & COGS Assumptions per product category for 2 revenue sources (In-store Sales, E-Shop Sales)
• Payroll, OpEx & CapEx Assumptions
• Inventory Management per product category/subcategory
• Forecast Scenarios
• Financing & Capital Structure – Uses & Sources of Cash analysis (Financing through Equity & Debt)
• Exit Year Scenario & Valuation Multiples
• Product Profitability Analysis
• Year 1 Financial Statements (3 Statement Model for Budget & Actual figures)
• Year 1 Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis
• Up to 10 Year dynamic Forecast (3 Statement Model)
• Discounted Cash Flow & Payback period (incl. Exit value, Unlevered & Levered Cash Flow)
• Breakeven Analysis
• A summary of various KPIs and Financial Ratios (Revenue & Cost Metrics, ROE, ROIC, Profit Margins, etc.)
• Investor Returns (4-tier IRR hurdle waterfall model to distribute proceeds between investors)
• Business Performance Dashboard
• Professional Executive Summary (can be used for investment decisions)
Detailed instructions on the use of the model are included in the Excel file.
Help & Support
Committed to high quality and customer satisfaction, all our templates follow best practice financial modeling principles and are thoughtfully and carefully designed, keeping the user’s needs and comfort in mind.
No matter if you have no experience or you are well versed in finance, accounting, and the use of Microsoft Excel, our professional financial models are the right tools to boost your business operations!
If you however experience any difficulty while using this template and you are not able to find the appropriate guidance in the provided instructions, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
If you need a template customized for your business requirements, please e-mail us and provide a brief explanation of your specific needs.
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Financial Model
Acquire business license for $99.00
Add to cart
Add to bookmarks
Provides a dynamic up to 10-year financial forecast for a startup or existing Furniture Store.