Publication number: ELQ-20921-1
View all versions & Certificate
Private Equity Investment Process
Strategy and operations in a private equity investment process
Private equity firms follow various steps to acquire, grow and exit an investment. The structured process can often vary from one another depending on the target as well as the nature of the transaction.
This powerpoint template is intended as a starting point on how the typical strategy and operations happens in a private equity investment process. This template needs to be adjusted depending on the deal and nature of the transaction.
Milestones and Key Steps
- Right investment focus / thesis
- Market assessment
- Identify potential targets
- Formulate value creation thesis
- Submit / Sign Non-Binding Offer
- Plan / Organize Due Diligence
- Due Diligence
- Prepare business case
- Deal structuring
- Define financing structure
- SPA & Deal signing / closing
- Confirmatory analysis with top executives of the acquired company
- Business strategy
- Retain and attract top talent
- Complementary acquisitions (if required)
- Operational improvement program
- Deliver sustainable improvements
- Measure bottom-line results
- Risk management
Maximize deal returns
- Prepare of sale with short & long investment teaser
- Search for potential buyers
- Management presentations
- Sell process and deal execution
If you find this tool useful, I kindly ask you to leave a positive review and rating. Leaving a review adds enthusiasm and motivation for me to create new tools.
Please feel free to drop me a message, if you have any questions regarding the tool.
This Best Practice includes
1 PowerPoint Slide, 100% editable, 16x9 slide format
StrategyPunk.com offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks