Publication number: ELQ-97935-1
View all versions & Certificate
Capital Budgeting Excel Model
The Capital Budgeting model helps determine whether new projects or capital expenditures are worth the investment.
The capital budgeting model helps determine whether a new project involving new plants, products and/or equipment/machinery is economically viable and worth the investment. Your company should invest in projects that have a NPV (Net Present Value) that exceeds your firm's cost of capital in order to generate real value to the firm. The numbers in this model are strictly incremental. Instructional inputs are included in the model when hovering over the red arrows in the model.
- The model is easy to understand for any audience with instructional inputs for novice users
- Unlike other Capital Budgeting models available online, this model includes inflation-adjustment metrics.
- An inflation-adjusted model produces a more realistic analysis of an investment that is sensitive to real market factors
- Includes the option of analyzing both real estate and equipment expenditures for a project
- Including both real estate and equipment expenditures enables the user to more realistically value a real-life project
- Includes various valuation methods instead of a single method to further help determine project value
- Includes crucial inputs that should not be left out of a capital budgeting model to determine a project value
*Feel free to reach out with any questions or concern regarding the model.
This business tool includes
1 Excel Model
Alan Zielen offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
To help assist in capital planning and to ensure capital investment is allocated towards profitable and value-creating projects.
Investing in new equipment or real estate
Any non-capital expenditure situation
- Gideon Tech(last updated: 25/01/2019 01:17)
- achmat affandi(last updated: 25/12/2018 14:50)good
- Sylvia De La Torre, CMA,MBA(last updated: 23/12/2018 01:10)
- faizal nasution(last updated: 20/12/2018 08:05)
- Amir Ganic(last updated: 19/12/2018 22:15)
- Giuseppe Verardi(last updated: 06/12/2018 13:10)
- Mostafa Samadi(last updated: 13/11/2018 14:34)
- William Böll496(last updated: 06/11/2018 12:41)
- Billy Acosta, MBA(last updated: 23/10/2018 11:23)
- Victor Pedro Matebvu(last updated: 17/10/2018 16:06)
- Jean Francois Masson(last updated: 15/10/2018 18:41)
People using this tool also downloaded
Start Up Car Park Excel Model and Valuation TemplateA full & detailed Excel Model of a Car park business with 3 statements & investment metrics - to download and use.business planmodelvaluationfinancial modelexcelexcel model3 statement modelfree cash flowcar park18 remove_red_eye$49.00by Big4WallStreet
Commodity Price Risk and Monte Carlo Simulation - Project Finance Excel ModelA commodity price risk model with Monte Carlo simulation within a project finance excel model.modelexcelspreadsheetexcel modelmonte carlomonte carlo simulationcommodity price riskcommodityprice risk350 remove_red_eye
Sales Pipeline Conversion Excel Model TemplateSales Pipeline Conversion Model to support assumptions behind long-term forecasts & aid sales team with forecasts.salesconversiontemplateexcelexcel modelsales pipelinesales funnel669 remove_red_eye
Average Cost of Service Excel Model TemplateEconomies of Scale and Average Cost of Service (ACS) model to increase understanding of organizational cost structure.templateexcelspreadsheetexcel modelacsaverage cost of servicecost structureeconomies of scaleeos236 remove_red_eye
Capital Budgeting Excel ModelShould I pursue the project? Analyse your project with this 5 tab Excel Modelinvestmentcorporate financecapital budgetingproject analysis35 remove_red_eyefreeby Jatin Goel
Credit Analysis Excel Model of Project Finance with Methane/Diesel PlantHow to use a model for evaluating credit analysis within project finance.financemodelfinancial modelcredit analysisproject financeexcelspreadsheetexcel modelmethane plantdiesel plant197 remove_red_eye
FI Project Analysis TemplateWorksheet you can copy and use to evaluate your startup ideas.businessprojecttemplateexcelspreadsheetproject analysis56 remove_red_eye
Generic Cost Benefit Analysis Excel Model TemplateModel projecting expected costs & benefits to analyze the financial viability of a proposed project or investmentcapital budgetingprojectfinancial modeldiscounted cash flowexcelbusiness casecost benefit analysisinvestment appraisalcosts vs benefitsuser friendly38 remove_red_eye$30.00by Projectify
Cohort Analysis Excel TemplateExcel model template for conducting cohort analysis and customer behaviour analytics for your business.cohort analysiscustomer retentioncustomer analysiscustomer behaviourexcel modelsaas businessclient behaviourcustomer activity159 remove_red_eyefreeby CFI
SaaS (Software as a Service) Financial Projections Excel Model TemplateThis is an Excel model template to help project the finances for a Software-as-a-service business.businesssaasmodelssoftware as a servicefinancial modelingexcelstartup financial models22 remove_red_eye
Any questions on Capital Budgeting Excel Model?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!