Publication number: ELQ-26609-1
View all versions & Certificate
Motor Starting Calculation Spreadsheet
A case study in excel demonstrating a motor starting for any given electrical network by reduction of the network.
The first page of the excel spreadsheet consists of notes explaining the spreadsheet, the calculation, and the software.
The second page is where you are able to input data and perform calculations.
This spreadsheet demonstrates a small electrical network model that can be adapted for motor starting case studies. It will perform a calculation based in given pre-start load inputs and starting motor data. Detailed analysis also doable provided you use additional softwares.
This can be very useful when trying to work out:
With a given generator rating, what is the largest possible motor size that can be started?
What should the generator rating be for a given load and biggest motor size?
During starting conditions for given motor details, what should the voltage drop be? (To decide on the key parameter in the design process.)
What should the cable size/ no. of runs etc work out as?
*Originally shared on electrical-engineering-portal.com*
This Best Practice includes
1 Downloadable Motor Starting Calculation Spreadsheet, 1 Notes Sheet
Hemant Kashikar offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.7 / 5 (17 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Shishir Kumar Sinha(last updated: 07/06/2021 14:57)
- Hitesh Kumar Singh(last updated: 19/04/2021 12:17)
- Mickle Raj Natarajan(last updated: 22/01/2021 23:12)
- nima momeni(last updated: 08/12/2020 16:38)
- Madalena Augusto(last updated: 30/09/2020 07:58)
- Jeanpy Julva(last updated: 25/02/2020 06:50)
- Rashid Akbar KaimKhani(last updated: 11/12/2019 09:24)
- kiran behera(last updated: 21/11/2019 07:20)
- Shuk Ran(last updated: 09/11/2019 04:45)
- Bhupendra Vishwakarma(last updated: 13/07/2019 13:06)
- Alaa Mohammed 406(last updated: 22/05/2019 06:19)
- setay lacay(last updated: 10/03/2019 03:12)
- Karthigeyan Suparmaniam(last updated: 27/11/2018 05:45)
- Pravinchandra Mehta(last updated: 12/11/2018 14:11)
- Mauro Pace(last updated: 20/10/2018 14:21)
- Paddy Keys(last updated: 08/10/2018 14:25)
- ATHANASIA MASOURA(last updated: 19/09/2018 13:22)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Transformer Fault Current CalculationExcel model for calculation of transformer fault current.modelexcelspreadsheetengineeringformulae714add_shopping_cartfreeby Blakley Electrics
Fault Current Calculation SpreadsheetMS Excel Spreadsheet helping you to easily calculate fault current.calculatorexcelspreadsheetengineeringcalculation2,462add_shopping_cartfreeby John Sokolik
Absorbers Excel WorkbookAbsorbers Excel Workbook created to align with Chapter 4: 'Absorbers' of textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers."excelspreadsheetengineeringabsorbershenrys law303add_shopping_cart
Pump Efficiency Calculation ToolCalculation tool to work out the energy efficiency and performance of water pumping facilities.calculatorexcelspreadsheetengineeringcalculations417add_shopping_cart
Bus Bar Size and Voltage Drop Calculation ToolThis tool can be used for calculating the size and voltage drop for bus bar.calculatorexcelspreadsheetengineeringbus bar2,830add_shopping_cart
Heat Exchangers Excel WorkbookHeat Exchangers Excel Workbook made to align with Chapter 12 of textbook "Rules of Thumb for Engineers" by Stephen Hallexcelspreadsheetengineeringworkbookheat exchangers371add_shopping_cart
Electrical Load and Energy Consumption CalculatorThis tool allows you to calculate the energy consumption and electrical load of panel.excelspreadsheetengineeringcalculationselectrical2,667add_shopping_cart
Physical Properties Excel WorkbookPhysical Properties workbook to calculate steam & water thermodynamic properties.excelspreadsheetengineeringcalculationsworkbook396add_shopping_cart
Binary Number Converter Download SpreadsheetThis tool simulates a Binary Coded Decimal (BCD) to 7 segment display driver circuit.converterengineeringbinarydisplay driver circuit237add_shopping_cartfreeby Nitin Mehta
Any questions on Motor Starting Calculation Spreadsheet?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!