Last version published: 03/11/2017 20:08
Publication number: ELQ-23314-3
View all versions & Certificate
VC Valuation Methods Excel Model with sensitivity
An Excel Model outlining different Startup Early Stage VC Valuation Methods (Quantitative and Qualitative).
Naturally, startup investments are positioned in the high risk/high reward asset class. Hence, logic says that it is key to maximize your profit potential while investing in a startup.
Hence, there is "a math" investors use to get profit off their investments. This means you have to captivate how company valuations change with time and how this may affect your investment.
Hence, to show the different ways startups are valued, the following excel template has been made. There are multiple methodologies on each sheet.
They are the following:
1. VC method
2. VC method with sensitivity
3. Scorecard Model
4. Berkus method
5. Multiples Approach
Lastly, there is also a helpful resources tab where you can get some extra support.
If you have any questions on the methodologies, feel free to comment on the discussion feed below.
-David & OurCrowd
This business tool includes
1 Excel sheet
David Stark offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Hafizal Aziz(last updated: 30/04/2019 08:17)
- Dan Fordyce(last updated: 09/03/2019 23:53)
- Raúl Díaz-Dulanto(last updated: 23/02/2019 16:08)
- LIN LI(last updated: 20/02/2019 09:31)
- Andry(last updated: 05/02/2019 02:16)
- Tenemba Anna Samake(last updated: 03/01/2019 12:06)
- DAVID CHIKHLADZE(last updated: 14/12/2018 20:51)
- Rutooj Deshpande(last updated: 14/12/2018 11:40)
- S. Leo Lee(last updated: 11/12/2018 03:47)
- Shashidhar Kanukolanu(last updated: 06/12/2018 23:08)
- Neusa Andrade(last updated: 03/12/2018 00:50)
- CPoch(last updated: 01/12/2018 16:42)
- Billy Acosta, MBA(last updated: 07/11/2018 01:06)
- Atin Gupta(last updated: 24/09/2018 11:07)
- Henry N.A Cobblah(last updated: 23/09/2018 14:09)
- Jeff Chochinov(last updated: 17/09/2018 14:19)
- MICHAEL OWUSU(last updated: 16/08/2018 12:23)
- Gulnaz(last updated: 03/08/2018 12:39)
- Kennedy Titus(last updated: 03/08/2018 07:21)
- Cicely Li(last updated: 23/07/2018 19:57)
- Albert Wardhana(last updated: 21/07/2018 06:48)
- Will Cardwell(last updated: 17/06/2018 11:02)
- Dave Kumar(last updated: 24/05/2018 16:29)
People using this tool also downloaded
A Guide to Marketplaces: Handbook and SlidesA full guide dedicated and geared at Marketplace Startupsstartupsguidevcpdffree1,018
Pitch Deck Template for Early Stage StartupsTo raise capital, use this strong pitch deck.investorstartupspitchvcfree620free by Federico Wengi
How to Build a Startup Cap Table: Excel TemplateI couldn’t find a good cap table template, so I built my own.startupscap tabledownloadexcel cap tablefree cap table312free by Adam Carver
Investor Pitch Deck for StartupsHere’s the winning formula designed to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.investorstartupexcelfreedownload1,482$9.00 by Donna Griffit
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.performancestartupventure capitaldashboardkpi3,793
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.financialmodelsimplestartupstartups1,784free by Vince Scafaria
Ultimate Startup Cap Table and Return Analysis Excel TemplateSample cap table excel template with exclusive waterfall return analysis.analysiswaterfallstartupcap tabletemplate3,325$9.00 by Alexander Jarvis
Virtual World Freemium Business Model TemplateA business model excel spreadsheet to help companies make business decisions and understand how variables interact.business planstartupfreemiumrevenue modeltemplate822free by Matthew Warneford
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.income statementfinancemodelbalance sheetstartup2,092free by Tayfun Uslu
One Page Marketing Plan: Get Customers to Choose YouEmotionally trigger your customers for them to pick you.strategyplanmarketingcustomerstemplate443free by Ivana Taylor
Any questions on VC Valuation Methods Excel Model With Sensitivity?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!