Publication number: ELQ-80377-1
View all versions & Certificate
Two-Sided Marketplace Financial Excel Model
Excel Model and Explanatory PDF for a 2-Sided Marketplace focusing on a shared economy platform.
2-Sided Marketplaces can be difficult. There's 2 different customers and 2 revenue streams, and both these segments have different factors that will have an impact on their performance, like growth or conversion.
This 2-Sided business model focuses on a shared economy platform that has multiple additional revenue streams.
(listers, renters, advertising revenue, featured listings, strategic partnerships)
Once each revenue stream was outlined, the next part entailed breaking down the most essential part for each item.
E.g. For something like featured listings, you should take into account how many you're beginning with, the price per month, and the growth rate for a featured listing.
To start off with, the focus was on the 2 most important parts of the equation- the listers and renters. For the renter part, average revenue per account, average frequency per account, growth rates, active users, conversion rates, the commission off each booking and site traffic are all included in this model. Off the back of this, monthly revenue was able to be calculated easily and month-over-month growth was applied using growth and conversion rates.
After connecting that with this venue side, frequency of bookings per venue was able to be assessed. If you assume an average revenue per account of $250 with 7.5% commission each for lister and renter, projected revenue for the month can be calculated.
This model allows you to work separately with each growth rate, and show renters growing slower than listers or vice versa. As well as this, you can isolate specific items in each, like the conversion rates for users or the frequency each venue is booked. The rate of the rates is even included.
Over time does the growth rate slow down? Does rate of user conversion increase?
The rest of the model has the same idea: outline assumptions, input, solve equation. After you understand the basic concepts it becomes easier to add additional streams as you go.
This model won't work in every case, but it seems to work pretty well for most 2-Sided Marketplace scenarios. It can also be easily modified for future financial projection projects.
Some things still need to be added. e.g. this model currently only works out revenue. In the future, a cost sheet and profit projections will ideally be implemented, whilst tying in things like marketing costs and the cost of user acquisition. For now it can be modified for personal use.
This business tool includes
1 Downloadable 2-Sided Marketplace Model
Justin Potts offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Alessandro Cosimo Fieromonte(last updated: 17/02/2019 14:21)
- Darshan Vernekar(last updated: 17/02/2019 06:34)
- Wonder(last updated: 16/01/2019 11:18)
- RJ Egu(last updated: 05/01/2019 17:04)
- Mae Yuan(last updated: 02/01/2019 06:32)
- Simone Burton(last updated: 30/11/2018 15:00)
- Yarden Shneyour(last updated: 24/11/2018 09:02)
- Ferdi CEBECİ(last updated: 04/11/2018 18:56)
- PANKAJ KUMAR92(last updated: 02/11/2018 19:10)
- Kundin Yuri(last updated: 31/10/2018 21:24)
- Rob Schachte(last updated: 22/10/2018 05:27)
- Gary Bode(last updated: 03/10/2018 00:36)
- Carlo de Bassa Scheresberg(last updated: 22/09/2018 16:20)
- Felicia Rodriguez(last updated: 20/09/2018 08:50)
- Jag Singh(last updated: 06/09/2018 13:57)
- Natee Bicharoen(last updated: 06/09/2018 13:04)
- Artak Mikaelyan(last updated: 30/08/2018 21:51)
- jakkarin Permsin(last updated: 25/08/2018 11:20)
- Juan José Bellón Crespo(last updated: 23/08/2018 11:11)
- Shepherd Mambo(last updated: 23/08/2018 04:07)
- Christian Herrero(last updated: 03/08/2018 04:43)
- Alexandre Marquesi - Ph.D. MKT Digital(last updated: 01/08/2018 03:39)ADOREI
- Albert Wardhana(last updated: 21/07/2018 07:22)
- Riley McCabe(last updated: 26/06/2018 18:24)
- Carlos Oliveira(last updated: 14/06/2018 16:38)
- wallezz indonesia(last updated: 27/05/2018 04:46)
- Amin Zahir(last updated: 24/05/2018 16:25)
- S. Erickson(last updated: 14/05/2018 15:26)
- Chris Colman(last updated: 03/05/2018 22:23)
- Steven Thomas(last updated: 27/04/2018 17:13)
People using this tool also downloaded
Startup Financial ModelA very simple financial model template that can be used to project website revenue.revenuefinancial modelstartupsearly-stageinternetwebsiteonline businesskey drivers1,978 remove_red_eyefreeby Brian Livtack
SaaS Model - Net Present Value for Simple Web BusinessA simple NPV model for you to evaluate the likelihood of success for your businessgrowthrevenuefinancenpvfinancial modelstartupssaasnet present valuecost of salescashflow management968 remove_red_eyefreeby David Worrell
E-commerce Excel Model TemplateE-commerce Model in Excel that enables you to estimate the value of the e-commerce depending on KPIsprofitlosssalesrevenuebusiness modelfinancial modelcostskpise-commerce2,112 remove_red_eye$5.00by Asen Gyczew
SaaS Financial Model Excel Template - Single Offering VersionA full SaaS Business Model to back-up your business plan.financial modelstartupsraising capitalsaassoftware as a servicesaas financial modelstartup financial modelsaas cash flowsaas startup financial modelsaas financialsaas metricssaas kpissaas business plan1,384 remove_red_eye
SaaS Excel Financial Plan TemplateA SaaS financial plan that allows you to create your own financial forecast. Suitable for startups and SMB's.financial modelstartupssaasfinancial planexcelfinancial forecastsmbsoftware as a startup1,013 remove_red_eyefreeby Ben Murray
Internet Business Financial Model SIBM - SpartinaManage your Cash, Increase Startup Revenue & Grow your Profitsrevenuefinancefinancial modelstartupentrepreneurshipventure capitalcashinternetprofitsbusiness modelling1,317 remove_red_eyefreeby David Hehman
Freemium Business ModelCustomize a ready-made financial model for your Freemium Web Services Businessfinancemodelingfinancial modelstartupsventure capitalraising capitalfreemiumuser acquisitionuser activationentrepreneur2,645 remove_red_eye
Early Stage SaaS Financial ModelGet up to speed on a SaaS Financial Model with a template and its step by step instructionsfinancefinancial modelentrepreneurshipstartupsearly-stageraising capitalbusiness modelingsaasseedseries a3,885 remove_red_eye
Sample Financial ModelTemplate for determining cost realities and financial projections for potential investors' demands.financesimplefinancial modelinvestorsstartupsearly-stageraising capital24,435 remove_red_eye
Startup Financial Model TemplateA simple financial model for an early-stage startup/anyone building a model for a companyfinancefinancial modelentrepreneurshipstartupsearly-stageend-to-endstandard financial statementsventure capitalkey operating metricsraising capital4,855 remove_red_eyefreeby David Teten
Any questions on Two-Sided Marketplace Financial Excel Model?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!