Publication number: ELQ-33486-1
View all versions & Certificate
Burn Rate Calculator
Simple and easy to use tool for calculating the cash burn rate of your business
When starting a new business venture, you will have to invest large amounts of money to allow you to build a company that will last.
As such, it is absolutely essential to calculate your business' cash burn rate. This calculator tool will help you estimate the date that your business will run out of cash, based on its current rate of csh burn.
This tool will give you two different forms based on your company's current rate of expenditure. Both a simple and detailed form regarding your business' financial performance are provided by this calculator.
This simple form will allow you to calculate your business' average monthly burn rate (ie. the average amount of cash being used on a monthly basis) as well as the cash runway (how many months until the cash balance is exhausted). This is automatically calculated based on simple input data: the start and end dates as well as the starting and ending cash balances.
The detailed form will break down the simple form into more detailed data. This form will allow you to calculate not just how much cash is being used, but which areas it is being used in. For instance, you can calculate and document different kinds of expenses, such as personnel, rent, office supplies, marketing expenses and travel. As such, it will allow you to highlight areas where cash may be being wasted or overspent. This information will then be used to calculate your total monthly cash expenses and your company's monthly burn rate and cash runway.
This tool represents a quick and easy way of calculating your business' overall monthly expenditure and the rate at which your cash resources are being used up. This is an essential tool for any new business.
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Spreadsheet
Gusto offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.5 / 5 (28 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Diego(last updated: 21/03/2021 16:13)
- Yishal Thillinadan(last updated: 22/12/2020 18:33)
- Cheryl Adams, MBA(last updated: 17/11/2020 03:20)
- Vladimir Lialine(last updated: 09/10/2020 23:09)
- Jose Castillo Duarte(last updated: 25/08/2020 19:13)
- Παπαζαχαρίου Πέτρος(last updated: 17/06/2020 15:24)
- JR4par83(last updated: 18/05/2020 17:26)
- Robert Turner Speller Jr(last updated: 01/05/2020 19:44)
- Julie Crocitto(last updated: 25/04/2020 20:32)
- Paul S55(last updated: 10/04/2020 17:33)
- Dan Danieli(last updated: 22/03/2020 10:17)
- Miguel A. Rodriguez - MAR(last updated: 10/11/2019 22:05)
- Mohammad Usman Zahid Sheikh(last updated: 14/08/2019 12:38)
- Stanley Emurotu(last updated: 07/08/2019 10:18)
- ARNILTON OLIVEIRA(last updated: 27/06/2019 00:06)
- Keri ATL(last updated: 08/05/2019 17:36)
- Terrie Parker(last updated: 01/02/2019 16:24)
- Nigel Chamunorwa(last updated: 23/01/2019 10:20)
- Amir Ganic(last updated: 01/01/2019 13:50)
- GOA INVESTQ PARTNERS LTD(last updated: 09/12/2018 11:35)
- jayblue(last updated: 19/11/2018 08:40)
- Leandro Bazilio(last updated: 30/10/2018 20:37)
- Paola Torculas(last updated: 27/09/2018 07:55)
- thomas lassale(last updated: 14/09/2018 14:54)
- 丽颖 程(last updated: 07/08/2018 23:54)
- Hassan Muayli(last updated: 05/06/2018 11:55)
- Eray Öztürk(last updated: 30/05/2018 11:35)
- Saritha Gopalkrishna(last updated: 08/05/2018 08:24)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Burn Rate CalculatorThis burn rate calculator will help you work out when your business will run out of money.cash flowcalculatorburn ratecash burn rateburn rate calculator754add_shopping_cartfreeby Commerce Bank
The Good, Bad and Ugly Side of Cash BurnDetailed overview of cash burn, what it is, why it happens and why it matters.cash flowinvestorventure capitalcash burn ratecash burn rate calculator372freeby Aswath Damodaran
Cash Burn Rate CalculatorThis calculator will work out your projected cash burn rate and your historial cash burn rate.cash flowshistoricalcalculatorcashmonthly335add_shopping_cart$35.00by Stephanie Travis
Fixed Asset Request Form WITH ROI, NPV, Cash Flow, & IRRSave yourself tons of time and frustration with this ready-to-go template for business capital requests & ROI analysis.financecash flowaccountingcapital budgetingnpv24add_shopping_cartfreeby Benjamin Wann
Used Car Dealership - 5 Year Pro-Forma Excel Financial ModelA bottom up financial model to forecast the revenue, expenses, and cash flows of a used car dealership startup business.cogsp&lcash flowfinancial modelpro forma2,839add_shopping_cart$45.00by Jason Varner
Monthly Rolling Cash Flow Projection Excel ModelUser-friendly 12-month rolling cash flow forecast model for a generic new or existing businessfinancialprojectionmodelcash flowforecast1,940add_shopping_cart$25.00by Projectify
13 Week Cash Forecast Excel Model ExampleThis 13 Week Cash Forecast Tool is the first step to getting your cash flow under control.financecash flowaccountingleadershipcash management1,213add_shopping_cart$20.00by CFO.University
2014 Round 2: Stepping UpExcel training/competition model from the 2014 Financial Modeling World Championshipsp&lcash flowbalance sheetfinancial modelingexcel skills297add_shopping_cart
Mixed Use Development Pro Forma Sales & Rental ScenariosDetailed mixed-use real estate development pro forma which considers 2 scenarios: sale and rental.cash flowirrreturn on investmentfinancial modeldiscounted cash flow417add_shopping_cart$110.00by Oksana Babenka
Clinical Lab Financial Projection Template - FREE TRIALOrder Clinical Lab Financial Projection Template. This well-tested, robust, and powerful template is your solidbusiness plancash flowfinancial modelclinical lab business planmedical laboratory business plan167add_shopping_cartfreeby Henry Sheykin
Any questions on Burn Rate Calculator?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!