Publication number: ELQ-33486-1
View all versions & Certificate
Burn Rate Calculator
Simple and easy to use tool for calculating the cash burn rate of your business
When starting a new business venture, you will have to invest large amounts of money to allow you to build a company that will last.
As such, it is absolutely essential to calculate your business' cash burn rate. This calculator tool will help you estimate the date that your business will run out of cash, based on its current rate of csh burn.
This tool will give you two different forms based on your company's current rate of expenditure. Both a simple and detailed form regarding your business' financial performance are provided by this calculator.
This simple form will allow you to calculate your business' average monthly burn rate (ie. the average amount of cash being used on a monthly basis) as well as the cash runway (how many months until the cash balance is exhausted). This is automatically calculated based on simple input data: the start and end dates as well as the starting and ending cash balances.
The detailed form will break down the simple form into more detailed data. This form will allow you to calculate not just how much cash is being used, but which areas it is being used in. For instance, you can calculate and document different kinds of expenses, such as personnel, rent, office supplies, marketing expenses and travel. As such, it will allow you to highlight areas where cash may be being wasted or overspent. This information will then be used to calculate your total monthly cash expenses and your company's monthly burn rate and cash runway.
This tool represents a quick and easy way of calculating your business' overall monthly expenditure and the rate at which your cash resources are being used up. This is an essential tool for any new business.
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel Spreadsheet
Gusto offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.5 / 5 (28 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Diego(last updated: 21/03/2021 16:13)
- Yishal Thillinadan(last updated: 22/12/2020 18:33)
- Cheryl Adams, MBA(last updated: 17/11/2020 03:20)
- Vladimir Lialine(last updated: 09/10/2020 23:09)
- Jose Castillo Duarte(last updated: 25/08/2020 19:13)
- Παπαζαχαρίου Πέτρος(last updated: 17/06/2020 15:24)
- JR4par83(last updated: 18/05/2020 17:26)
- Robert Turner Speller Jr(last updated: 01/05/2020 19:44)
- Julie Crocitto(last updated: 25/04/2020 20:32)
- Paul S55(last updated: 10/04/2020 17:33)
- Dan Danieli(last updated: 22/03/2020 10:17)
- Miguel A. Rodriguez - MAR(last updated: 10/11/2019 22:05)
- Mohammad Usman Zahid Sheikh(last updated: 14/08/2019 12:38)
- Stanley Emurotu(last updated: 07/08/2019 10:18)
- ARNILTON OLIVEIRA(last updated: 27/06/2019 00:06)
- Keri ATL(last updated: 08/05/2019 17:36)
- Terrie Parker(last updated: 01/02/2019 16:24)
- Nigel Chamunorwa(last updated: 23/01/2019 10:20)
- Amir Ganic(last updated: 01/01/2019 13:50)
- GOA INVESTQ PARTNERS LTD(last updated: 09/12/2018 11:35)
- jayblue(last updated: 19/11/2018 08:40)
- Leandro Bazilio(last updated: 30/10/2018 20:37)
- Paola Torculas(last updated: 27/09/2018 07:55)
- thomas lassale(last updated: 14/09/2018 14:54)
- 丽颖 程(last updated: 07/08/2018 23:54)
- Hassan Muayli(last updated: 05/06/2018 11:55)
- Eray Öztürk(last updated: 30/05/2018 11:35)
- Saritha Gopalkrishna(last updated: 08/05/2018 08:24)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Burn Rate CalculatorThis burn rate calculator will help you work out when your business will run out of money.cash flowcalculatorburn ratecash burn rateburn rate calculator796add_shopping_cartfreeby Commerce Bank
The Good, Bad and Ugly Side of Cash BurnDetailed overview of cash burn, what it is, why it happens and why it matters.cash flowinvestorventure capitalcash burn ratecash burn rate calculator404freeby Aswath Damodaran
Cash Burn Rate CalculatorThis calculator will work out your projected cash burn rate and your historial cash burn rate.cash flowshistoricalcalculatorcashmonthly351add_shopping_cart$35.00by Stephanie Travis
IT Startup Financial Projections Excel Model TemplateA simple IT Startup Financial Projections Excel workbook.financialrevenueprojectioncostcash flow2,314add_shopping_cart$9.50by Hisham Balatiah
Cash-Flow Guide and PPT TemplateYour Free Guide to Becoming a Cash-flow Gurucash flowdiscounted cash flowowed fundsbudget forecastcash gap217add_shopping_cartfreeby Smart Advance
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Valuation Excel Model (Engineering and Construction)Detailed Financial model for DCF valuation on Engineering and Construction Companyvaluationfcffcash flowfcfedcf384add_shopping_cart$75.00by Fin-Wiser Advisory
Commercial Real Estate Excel Model TemplateA complete & thorough Commercial Real Estate Model for you to adapt and use for your own usage.investmentscash flowirrleveragereal estate1,289add_shopping_cart$60.00by Big4WallStreet
Hotel Valuation - Real Estate Development ModelThe Hotel Financial Model provides a framework to forecast the Income, cash flows and sensitivity analysis.cash flowroenpvirrsensitivity analysis998add_shopping_cart$35.00by Jair Almeida
Orchard (Apple or Otherwise) Excel Financial ModelBottom-up financial projections for an orchard (apple or otherwise).cash flowfinancial modelbottom upapple orchardorchard644add_shopping_cart$45.00by Jason Varner
Greenhouse Start Up Excel Model TemplateExcel model for a start up Greenhouse business for you to download and use.business planmodelvaluationcash flowfinancial model1,047add_shopping_cart$69.00by Big4WallStreet
Any questions on Burn Rate Calculator?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!