Publication number: ELQ-17001-1
View all versions & Certificate
Real-Estate Investment Excel Calculator
This tool will help newcomers to real-estate investment evaluate and analyse their potential real-estate investments.
This spreadsheet is an essential tool for anyone getting involved in real-estate investment.
This Excel Tool is broken down into five simple steps, making it incredibly easy to use and follow. These steps are: Finding the Net Operating Income, finding the Cap Rate, calculating appreciation 5 years past and 5 years future, financing and "cashflow", followed by the discounted cashflow, net present value and the net rate of return.
The first step of this tool will help you to calculate the overall profit that a property could generate, accounting for the total rent received and all of the possible fees to be paid. This will help you to calculate a yearly profit level for each individual property.
The second step will allow you to calculate and estimate the potential income of a property relative to its price. The tool will show you how you can calculate the cap rate for each of your properties, and show you what kind of numbers you should be looking for in your property investment.
The third step will help you identify potential real-estate investments that could be hugely profitable. Teddy suggests calculating the appreciation of a property over the past 5 years and using this, estimate its potential appreciation over the next five years. He demonstrates how you can find out a property's appreciation over the past 5 years and then how it can be applied to its current price to estimate its future appreciation. This process is absolutely essential in real estate property investment as it allows you to identify properties that could have huge potential.
The fourth step of this template will help you to plan the financing of your property investments. This will allow you to estimate what % of a property's price you can put down and what % of the property's price you will need to take out as a loan. This will allow you to calculate further expenses of your property's based on the monthly repayments of your loans. This step will also give you the chance to calculate the cashflow of your property. Teddy also demonstrates several other "fancy and useful metrics", such as the cash-on-cash return, operating expense ratio and debt coverage ratio. Teddy explains all of these different metrics and shows how they can be calculated and applied to your investments.
The final step of this tool will allow you to fully understand discounted cash flow, net present value and the internal rate of return. Through the input of your own information and data and information regarding your real-estate investment, this tool will calculate your DCF, NPV and IRR and your overall discount rate.
This tool is incredibly useful for those interested in real-estate investment. It will allow you to project and estimate the outcomes of different property investments based on several different factors. Therefore, it will allow you to establish which properties could be worth investment. Each step also comes with an incredibly simple explanation of what it is and how it can be used to help your investments, making this an essential for newcomers to the property market.
This business tool includes
1 Excel Spreadsheet
Teddy Smith offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- pj jurilla(last updated: 05/07/2019 15:37)
- Alexandr Surtayev(last updated: 15/06/2019 12:28)
- Alia Kasey(last updated: 15/06/2019 06:43)
- Ray Treurniet(last updated: 29/05/2019 23:15)
- Sri Challapalli(last updated: 25/04/2019 06:25)
- Aiga Galvane(last updated: 03/04/2019 22:15)
- 현성 나(last updated: 20/03/2019 17:54)
- georges manna(last updated: 04/03/2019 15:41)
- James Morrell(last updated: 19/02/2019 18:19)
- Amina Ibrahim(last updated: 17/02/2019 15:24)
- Abdul Ghafur BE, MCIOB, AClArb, CQS,610(last updated: 09/02/2019 08:07)
- Mark Baxter ACCA(last updated: 04/02/2019 08:26)
- William Böll(last updated: 24/01/2019 14:17)
- Mihai Axinte(last updated: 19/01/2019 15:09)
- Nigel Chamunorwa(last updated: 13/01/2019 09:29)
- Ghadah AlThunayyan(last updated: 04/12/2018 11:28)
- Amos Azike(last updated: 15/11/2018 15:15)Thanks
- Murph Ada(last updated: 29/10/2018 22:50)
- Shamsu Hamid(last updated: 25/10/2018 07:44)
- ARIF BUDI(last updated: 20/10/2018 05:08)
- Donatas Juskus(last updated: 07/10/2018 15:48)
- Amit Kumar671(last updated: 01/10/2018 08:12)
- Amartya Ray(last updated: 01/10/2018 07:37)
- Tom Azzarelli(last updated: 20/09/2018 14:44)
- Vinayak Shanbhag(last updated: 12/09/2018 12:38)
- Linh Le493(last updated: 01/08/2018 02:07)
- Puleng Seakgwa(last updated: 23/07/2018 07:34)
- Ingrid Mendez(last updated: 16/07/2018 02:12)
- Sergei Safonov(last updated: 06/07/2018 18:59)
- Michael Raymond(last updated: 29/06/2018 02:24)
People using this tool also downloaded
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis with IRR and NPVSeveral spreadsheets that can be used for the analysis of a real estate investment from various perspectivesacquisitionfinancecash flownpvirr14,160$20.00 by Prof. Norm Miller PhD
Commercial Real Estate Excel Model TemplateA complete & thorough Commercial Real Estate Model for you to adapt and use for your own usage.investmentscash flowirrleveragereal estate293$49.00 by Big4WallStreet
Real Estate Multi Family Development Excel ModelReal Estate Financial Model to evaluate a development project, with Equity Waterfall and Advanced Scenarios Modelingirrreal estatenoiexcelreal estate finance60$25.00 by Jair Almeida
Real Estate Excel ModelComprehensive excel model for tracking and projecting the finances of your real estate investments.real estatefinancial modelingreal estate financereal estate investmentreal estate financial model779free by Prof. Ed Bodmer
Feasibility Metrics (NPV, IRR and Payback Period) Excel TemplateNet present value, internal rate of return and payback period and see the results in dynamic graphs.investmentfinancecash flowcapital budgetingnpv312$3.00 by Big4WallStreet
Quick valuation: Net present value (NPV) CalculatorA calculator for a quick net present value (NPV) calculation for valuing a businessvaluationnpvdcfdiscounted cash flownet present value384$15.00 by ModellingGuy
Real Estate funds ModelThe new technique to evaluate Real Estate funds ( discount cash flow & economic value add )dcfevareal estatecase studyeconomic value added294$5.00 by Hany Hassanein Badr
Capital Budgeting Excel Model TemplateUser-friendly Excel model to calculate and compare capital budgeting metricsm across (up to 3) proposed investmentscomparisontoolcapital budgetingnpvirr535free by Projectify
Capital Budgeting Analysis Excel ModelThis Excel Model allows you to do a basic capital budgeting analysis for a project, and compute NPV, IRR and ROIanalysiscorporate financecapital budgetingprojectequity10,880
Planeamatic: Financial modeling made easyPowerful, flexible, reliable and friendly financial models in minutescash flowvaluation modelirrdcfscenarios359free by Jose Corona
Discussion feed for Real-Estate Investment Excel Calculator
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!
- Teddy, the spreadhsset you have is missing year 3 between rows 124 and 135. was this error?arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- Teddy, looking through your sheet I've mentioned DCF-initial investmentsNPV. So what's the difference between NPV and DCF if it's not an initial investment?arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply