Last version published: 05/04/2018 12:30
Publication number: ELQ-10661-11
View all versions & Certificate
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model
A step by step Discounted Cash Flow Analysis Tutorial (DCF model)
DCF analysis is a valuation method which uses future cash flow predictions to estimate investment return potential by discounting these projections to a present value approximation and using this to assess the attractiveness of the investment.
This 8-step DCF model template aims to help you calculate the value of a business. Every step is described and you are encouraged to ask questions if you need clarifications.
This DCF model template is all you need, it saves time (don't reinvent the wheel...), and it works!
You'll also find a few other models and tutorials we have put together on our Eloquens Channel here: https://www.eloquens.com/channel/business-valuation-net
Should you have any questions on the model you're welcome to Private Message us via our Eloquens Channel or use the discussion feed below.
Feel free to leave a review and a rating if you have appreciated the model!
- The Business Valuation Team
PS: if you want to access a Premium Version of a DCF Excel Model (including Synergy Valuation) it's here (and built by us): https://www.eloquens.com/tool/xQrUMb/finance/discounted-cash-flow-dcf/synergy-valuation-premium-dcf-excel-model
This business tool includes
1 Excel Model, 1 Online Methodology
Business-Valuation.net offers you this business tool for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
This DCF model can be used by CFOs, Students, Teachers, Business controllers, M&A analysts, Private Equity analysts etc. The model is easy to use, has a hiqh flexibility and gets the job done.
- 昕昕 杨(last updated: 26/04/2018 09:04)
- 飞 余(last updated: 26/04/2018 08:42)
- 雅韵 刘(last updated: 26/04/2018 07:32)
- Jie Fang(last updated: 26/04/2018 06:41)
- Eason Y. Gao(last updated: 25/04/2018 14:51)
- Shuolin Liu(last updated: 25/04/2018 08:51)
- Yixiang Hao(last updated: 25/04/2018 08:26)
- 以 邱(last updated: 25/04/2018 01:59)
- Jiuyuan (Hill) Tan(last updated: 24/04/2018 17:42)
- 欣怡 张(last updated: 24/04/2018 09:27)
- Steven Shi(last updated: 24/04/2018 05:28)
- Yang Hou(last updated: 23/04/2018 15:23)
- Liam Chen(last updated: 23/04/2018 14:14)
- 晓满 汪(last updated: 23/04/2018 12:49)
- Shen Liu(last updated: 23/04/2018 08:59)
- Zuoliang Ning(last updated: 23/04/2018 08:26)
- 洋 武(last updated: 23/04/2018 02:05)
- Henry Ye(last updated: 22/04/2018 10:46)
- SUROJIT DAS(last updated: 22/04/2018 07:06)
- Mohammed Magdy Alzahran(last updated: 21/04/2018 11:11)
- 雯 薛(last updated: 20/04/2018 14:07)
- 大宇 林(last updated: 19/04/2018 03:57)
- 睿 钟(last updated: 17/04/2018 08:16)
- Jingyi Yang(last updated: 17/04/2018 02:11)
- william chia(last updated: 16/04/2018 05:54)
- 正坤 顾(last updated: 16/04/2018 02:14)
- Chen Wu(last updated: 15/04/2018 09:14)
- 丁 毛毛(last updated: 13/04/2018 02:06)
- Mingtao Chen(last updated: 12/04/2018 18:06)
- 伟 戴(last updated: 10/04/2018 03:01)
People using this tool also downloaded
All in One Private Equity ModelUsed by Investment Professionals at Private Equity and IB Firmsfinancevaluationdcfevaprivate equityinvestment bankinglbofinancial statements3,160 remove_red_eye$180.00by John Swan
Calculating Discounted Cash Flow in ExcelThis video takes you through a DCF Excel model to show you how to calculate Discounted Cash Flow.financevaluationstockassetsdcfwaccdiscounted cash flowliabilitiesdcf modelfcf88 remove_red_eyefreeby Finance Walk
LBO model - Leveraged Buyout AnalysisA step by step LBO model tutorial. It is easy to use and we provide support if needed. Have fun modeling!financevaluationleveraged buyoutprivate equityinvestment bankinglbom&amergers & acquisition6,564 remove_red_eye
Discounted Cash Flow Model TemplateA fully customizable excel model to match your needs, and use as a starting point or as a full DCF tool for valuation.financevaluationdcfwaccinvestment bankinginvestment analysisfree cash flow projections6,672 remove_red_eyefreeby Firmex
The Discounted Free Cash Flow (DCF) ModelA full discounted cash flow excel model for a complete businessfinancevaluationpresent valueassetsdcfdiscounted cash flowcomplete business1,244 remove_red_eye
Activision Blizzard DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) ModelA simple DCF Model based on Operating and Working Capital Assumptions (example: Activision Blizzard)financevaluationdcfoperatingterminal valueshare pricediscounted cash flowworking capital408 remove_red_eye
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model (Academic Quality)A simple DCF model serving as an academic exercise to understand how financial modeling works.financevaluationcorporate financedcfdiscounted cash flowmbamergers and acquisitions1,065 remove_red_eyefreeby Joshua Wong
Business Valuation Excel Model with Economic Value AddedBusiness and investment valuation model with economic value added (EVA) calculations.financevaluationdcfevaeconomic value addeddiscounted cash flow27 remove_red_eye
Quick Lesson: Build a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model, Part 1Learn how to build a simple DCF Model aligned with Investment Banking best practices.valuationdcfdiscounted cash flowtemplateexcelvideohow todcf modellessonquick lesson44 remove_red_eye
Discussion feed for Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!
- what does WACC stand for1arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- WACC stands for Weighted Average Cost of Capital, it is a company's required return on an investment, mixture of both required return on and equity and debt. Read more here: http://www.business-valuation.net/definition/wacc/2arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- Hi, where can I find the accompanying step by step methodology for the sheet?arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- Hi Anish,
Sure! It's really easy.
1/ Download the DCF Model from this page
2/ Go to your Library Page on Eloquens
3/ Click on the Tool Title Link
4/ You will be on the /details page and from there you will be able to download the file + follow the step by step methodology written just below.
Hope this helps (feel free to give a rating/review if you have appreciated the model).
Good luck!2arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply
- Thanks!1arrow_drop_uparrow_drop_downReply reply