Last version published: 29/03/2017 15:41
Publication number: ELQ-25443-10
View all versions & Certificate
Give a scaled overview of the main competitors in a given market.
WMI Consulting offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Present 4 to 10 main competitors in any given market accompanied by a brief outline of each of their key features.
- Indicate the market hierarchy of your chosen competitors by classifying them on an ascending scale.
- Use the scale structure of the slide to rate competitor performance on a single unit of measurement: turnover, margin, market value...
• Give an at-a-glance overview of the structure of the market
• Show accurate and pertinent features of your most important competitors
• Draw attention to the main comparison figures of your chosen competitors
• Communicate using clear messages with a readable visual scale
• Feel confident with your analysis by focusing only on the most relevant data
• Market studies
• Strategic plans
• Marketing plans
Main Sources of Data:
• Existing reliable market studies (Markess, Xerfi, Reuters, MarketResearch, HBR…)
• Competitors’ publications: press releases, annual reports, corporate websites contents...
• Business press
• Your own market watch tools
• You want to compare your competitors using a single consistent figure
• You have a select number of competitors whose key figures you wish to highlight
• You have no key figure to compare your competitors with
• You would like to give an in-depth look into your competitor profiles (use WMI' "Competitor's zoom" slides)
• You have less than three competitors to map; the slide will seem insubstantial