Last version published: 29/03/2017 15:41
Publication number: ELQ-25443-10
View all versions & Certificate
Give a scaled overview of the main competitors in a given market.
WMI Consulting offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
- Present 4 to 10 main competitors in any given market accompanied by a brief outline of each of their key features.
- Indicate the market hierarchy of your chosen competitors by classifying them on an ascending scale.
- Use the scale structure of the slide to rate competitor performance on a single unit of measurement: turnover, margin, market value...
• Give an at-a-glance overview of the structure of the market
• Show accurate and pertinent features of your most important competitors
• Draw attention to the main comparison figures of your chosen competitors
• Communicate using clear messages with a readable visual scale
• Feel confident with your analysis by focusing only on the most relevant data
• Market studies
• Strategic plans
• Marketing plans
Main Sources of Data:
• Existing reliable market studies (Markess, Xerfi, Reuters, MarketResearch, HBR…)
• Competitors’ publications: press releases, annual reports, corporate websites contents...
• Business press
• Your own market watch tools
• You want to compare your competitors using a single consistent figure
• You have a select number of competitors whose key figures you wish to highlight
• You have no key figure to compare your competitors with
• You would like to give an in-depth look into your competitor profiles (use WMI' "Competitor's zoom" slides)
• You have less than three competitors to map; the slide will seem insubstantial
4.0 / 5 (12 votes)
Write a review
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Compared features of competitionShow a clear comparison of your competitors' key features2,549add_shopping_cart
Acquisition SynergiesCommunicate the main synergies between your group and a company you are considering for a potential acquisition1,395add_shopping_cart
Actors MappingMap actors or market segments on a single page to qualify your market and spot business opportunities.942add_shopping_cart
Long-list and criteriaA table that shows your evaluation and ranking of potential partners or acquisition targets340add_shopping_cart
Competitor Key FiguresAn overview of your competitor's main figures evolution through several graphs.1,320add_shopping_cart
Financial risks evaluationHighlight and explain the financial risks of a revenue statement scenario.275add_shopping_cart
History of a companyA graph to illustrate the history and growth of your company257add_shopping_cart
4-year streamlined revenue statementA simplified format of 3 business units' revenue statements over 4 years.354add_shopping_cart
Creation of Skills Management Program - MethodologyThe key milestones in building your skills management program.163add_shopping_cart
Long term cash-flow evolutionGive a clear vision of your project’s cashflows.138add_shopping_cart$3.50by WMI Consulting
Sales growth contributionProduce a bridge graph that shows your individual brands' contribution to overall sales growth.429add_shopping_cart
P&L projections explanationsCreate an annotated short-term outlook of your company's P&L evolution.572add_shopping_cart
Any questions on Competitors Scale?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!