Real Estate Proforma Excel Model Template
This is a Real Estate Proforma Template in Excel for you to use and analyse for your own needs.
The first thing you have to do when it comes to a real estate investment decision is to build a real estate pro forma, which really just means a cash flow projection. The following components are generally found in all real estate proformas.
Potential Gross Income (PGI)
This item found in the top line makes up the cash that could potentially be generated if the property was 100% leased. To forecast potential gross income is a function of both contractual lease terms, market rents included. Firstly, for each contractual lease in place on the rent roll, the cash flow is calculated for each year within the holding period.This considers the lease terms that are specific to each tenant.
Secondly, if in the holding period there is any period of time which is not covered by a contractual lease, the market rent is forecasted with the aim of determining cash flow that could potentially be generated considering the then prevailing market conditions.To project possible rental income will often involve taking into account renewal assumptions after the lease has expired. This includes forecasting tenant improvements, reimbursements, abatement, market leasing conditions, etc.
It is not realistic to make the assumption that a property will be fully leased forever, the vacancy allowance line item found on a real estate proforma is intended to account for expected vacancy. You can calculate vacancy in a number of different ways.
You'll usually find other income items after vacancy allowance on the real estate proforma. These generally aren't a part of contractual leases, but they'll still provide additional revenue for the property.
Effective Gross Income (EGI)
You get effective rental income as a result when you take away the vacancy allowance from potential rental income, and then add other income items.
These will include things like property management fees, insurance, taxes, and utilities.
Net Operating Income (NOI)
To get the net operating income, you subtract all operating expenses from the EGI for a property. This is probably the most commonly used indicator of cash flow when it comes to commercial real estate. It's worth noting that NOI ignores expenditures that are irregular like tenant improvement allowances, leasing commissions, and certain capital improvement expenditures.
These are expense items with regards to the property that don't occur regularly or that are specific to the investor. For example, leasing commissions, debt service, tenant improvement allowances, or reserves for replacement.
Before Tax Cash Flow (BTCF)
This allows a clear picture of the free cash flow that is available before taxes to the owners of a property.
Reversion Cash Flows
This is a value that is estimated in various ways with the aim of arriving at a net sales proceeds figure.
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel template
Property Metrics offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.4 / 5 (42 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Taryl Bonds(last updated: 10/09/2021 05:01)
- Bill Christensen(last updated: 05/04/2021 18:53)
- Etta Thorpe(last updated: 29/01/2021 01:16)
- Kimberly L. Bunton(last updated: 24/01/2021 02:52)
- Angela Hummelgard(last updated: 21/01/2021 16:44)
- Sharon Cap(last updated: 13/11/2020 12:45)
- Joep Peters(last updated: 24/10/2020 06:59)
- Brandon Ellis(last updated: 07/09/2020 13:22)
- Pedro Carbajal-Madrid LCSW(last updated: 02/09/2020 14:22)
- J. Alejandro Lopez(last updated: 24/08/2020 21:07)
- James Mouritsen(last updated: 21/08/2020 14:02)
- Dana Fowler(last updated: 07/08/2020 10:14)
- Dwayne Kelly(last updated: 04/08/2020 11:18)
- Lui Nai Huan(last updated: 27/07/2020 12:59)
- Amir Ganic(last updated: 16/07/2020 07:07)
- Build with Simmy(last updated: 10/06/2020 19:28)
- MikeA(last updated: 07/06/2020 12:21)
- Janice Wall(last updated: 23/05/2020 01:17)
- Kyra Lise(last updated: 23/04/2020 16:45)
- John Reece530(last updated: 09/04/2020 19:18)
- Rini Coelho(last updated: 08/04/2020 18:25)
- R Wagner CFP(last updated: 06/04/2020 00:29)
- harriswong.2020(last updated: 01/04/2020 13:06)
- William Grant(last updated: 20/02/2020 16:42)
- Edward Josue Rodriguez(last updated: 28/01/2020 03:50)
- mel sharp(last updated: 19/01/2020 02:42)
- Malika Sharma(last updated: 06/01/2020 12:12)
- Dan Hirshout215(last updated: 05/01/2020 17:11)
- Cccc(last updated: 23/12/2019 22:33)
- marmah hadi(last updated: 03/12/2019 06:37)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Commercial Real Estate Acquisition Model - ProtectedAdvanced Real Estate Model, that allows a professional DCF Valuation for Office, Retail or Industrial Propertiesfinancevaluationreal estateexcelcommercial real estate743add_shopping_cart
Commercial Real Estate Deal SizerEasy-to-use Commercial Real Estate Deal Sizer to quickly analyze acquisition opportunitiesfinancereal estatefinancial modelingexcelcommercial real estate370add_shopping_cart
Commercial Real Estate Acquisition ModelThis detailed but clearly structured commercial real estate model will help you to quickly underwrite dealsreal estatecommercial real estatereal estate financeproformareal estate valuation199add_shopping_cart
Commercial Real Estate Acquisition Model - UnprotectedAdvanced Real Estate Model, for a professional DCF Valuation of Office, Industrial or Retail Propertiesmodelnpvirrreal estatefinancial model1,095add_shopping_cart
Real Estate Multi Family Development Excel ModelReal Estate Financial Model to evaluate a development project, with Equity Waterfall and Advanced Scenarios Modelingirrreal estatenoiexcelreal estate finance3,005add_shopping_cart
Commercial Real Estate Excel Model TemplateA complete & thorough Commercial Real Estate Model for you to adapt and use for your own usage.investmentscash flowirrleveragereal estate1,293add_shopping_cart
Multi-family Real Estate Excel Model (Simple & Effective)Simple & Effective Multi-Family Real Estate Model to carry out a quick analysisfinancial analysispro formaexcel modelcommercial real estatereal estate model1,308add_shopping_cart
Multifamily Development Model Built-to-SellThis is a ready-to-use multifamily development model in Microsoft Excel Built-to-sell scenarionpvirrreal estateroipro forma306add_shopping_cart
Hotel Development Financial ModelDownload detailed Underwriting Pro Forma for Hotel Developmentirrpro formacash flow projectionreal estate modelreal estate finance35add_shopping_cart
Assisted Living Development ModelAssisted Living Development Pro Forma Model in Microsoft Excel.irrfinancial modelpro formainvestment analysisreal estate finance127add_shopping_cart
Any questions on Real Estate Proforma Excel Model Template?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!