Publication number: ELQ-46757-1
View all versions & Certificate
Cash Model Template for Startups
Template to forecast your startup's cash expenditure, cash-flow as well as downside potential.
When you’re leading a startup, the main thing you have to make sure of is you don’t run out of cash. For that reason, it isn’t too bad of an idea finding how much cash will flow in, how much will be spent, and how much you expect to run out.
Hence, I have made a model for my startup, Ticketleap, and it has turned out to serve the company pretty well. So I’ve cleaned it up and shared it with you, in case anyone needs it as a starting point!
• The key value it provides is to tie together revenue and expense forecasts into a balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow statements. The inputs are meant to be a starting point and are fully customizable via Excel.
For guidance and tips on each of the Excel sheets, you can click on the methodology below.
• If you have a question or feedback, either leave a note below, or find me at @timraybould on Twitter. I’ll release updated versions, in response to your needs!
This Best Practice includes
1 Excel sheet
Tim Raybould offers you this Best Practice for free!
download for free
Add to bookmarks
4.5 / 5 (46 votes)
- Rate this Downloadable Best Practice
Write a review
- Thomas Craven(last updated: 18/05/2021 03:14)
- Chandra Rau(last updated: 04/01/2021 18:37)
- David H.(last updated: 02/10/2020 19:43)
- John Schaaf, MBA(last updated: 25/06/2020 19:42)
- Alfredo Novoa Yaksic(last updated: 21/05/2020 20:28)
- Hoanganh Setup(last updated: 12/04/2020 18:48)
- Tianchu Zhang(last updated: 21/02/2020 18:46)
- Hazem Hafez(last updated: 28/01/2020 12:39)
- Abubakari Amadu(last updated: 16/01/2020 14:35)Excellent model for startup founders
- Calvin Ainebyona(last updated: 03/12/2019 20:13)
- Nazneen NISHA(last updated: 17/11/2019 03:33)
- Ifeoma Orji(last updated: 21/10/2019 14:59)
- Ali Syahbana N. Siregar(last updated: 06/09/2019 07:21)
- mohamad ashraff zamharir(last updated: 20/08/2019 14:18)
- Ravish Bhat(last updated: 06/07/2019 09:27)
- Ormondi Seda(last updated: 24/06/2019 18:38)
- Moni Abraham(last updated: 11/06/2019 23:27)
- WaiHin Hein Thant752(last updated: 28/05/2019 19:29)
- Hafizal Aziz(last updated: 30/04/2019 08:18)
- Gaurav Chauhan(last updated: 03/03/2019 09:07)
- Alberto Emprin 67(last updated: 08/02/2019 14:25)
- Mohd. Faizal Mohd. Zaki(last updated: 18/01/2019 06:51)
- Lakpa Lama(last updated: 02/01/2019 09:29)
- Percy Bird(last updated: 28/12/2018 03:48)
- Tracy Harris(last updated: 25/12/2018 15:44)
- Emmanuel Kahilu(last updated: 25/12/2018 09:08)
- Erik Eberhard(last updated: 22/12/2018 19:38)
- Abdul Ghafur BE, MCIOB, AClArb, CQS,610(last updated: 22/12/2018 10:23)
- Huyen Ho864(last updated: 19/12/2018 07:13)
- Hisham Khayat(last updated: 18/12/2018 11:27)
People using this Best Practice also downloaded
Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly model for preparing a financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionstatementmodel7,912add_shopping_cart$39.00by Projectify
Cash flow forecast + Supplementary Personal Survival budget Excel templateCalculates the expected amount of money going in and paying out for your business over a period of time.projectionmodelforecaststartuptemplate5,016add_shopping_cartfreeby Start Up Loans
Financial Model Template for StartupsTell the story of your business in numerical terms.financialmodelsimplestartupstartups3,288add_shopping_cartfreeby Vince Scafaria
Enhanced Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement Excel ModelUser-friendly generic model for preparing a 5-year financial projection for a startup businessfinancialincome statementprojectionmodelforecast1,725add_shopping_cart$45.00by Projectify
Financial Model for Mobile Payment StartupIncludes assumptions page, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and valuation sheet.income statementfinancemodelbalance sheetstartup3,798add_shopping_cartfreeby Tayfun Uslu
Multi-Establishment Generic Startup Financial Projection 3 statement ModelUser-friendly generic model for preparing a 5-year financial projection for a multi-establishment startup businessyearstatementmodelforecaststartup59add_shopping_cart$49.00by Projectify
Personnel Forecast Excel Model TemplateHow to create detailed headcount forecasts using excelmodelexpensesforecasttemplateexcel6,598add_shopping_cartfreeby Ben Murray
Startup Pro-forma Profit and Loss statement (P&L) TemplateMade to help you construct a high level operation plan for your startup.cogsstatementexpensesstartuptemplate31,443add_shopping_cartfreeby Charlie Tillett
SaaS Financial Model: Simple Template For Early-Stage StartupsSimple financial planning tool tailored for early-stage SaaS entrepeneurs.financialmodelsimpleinvestorstartup5,885add_shopping_cartfreeby Gary Gaspar
Simple Cash Flow Model Excel TemplateA Simple Cash Flow Model template with a free video tutorialbusiness planfinancial modelstartuptemplateexcel3,307add_shopping_cartfreeby Jacek Polewski
Any questions on Cash Model Template For Startups?
The user community and author are here to help. Go ahead!