Startup Business Plan templates
What is a Startup Business Plan?
A startup business plan is a document dedicated to helping start-ups clarify their business idea, set down their goals, plan their strategies and ultimately, line out the potential roadmap to success.
What purposes does the startup business plan serve?
The startup business plan serves two different purposes – these are the following:
- As a management tool: outlines how yourself and your team plan to succeed.
- As a fundraising tool: Sets the stage for introduction to potential investors.
What are the contents of a startup business plan?
A startup business plan template covers different topics. These normally follow a similar sequence such as the following:
- Executive summary: explains your business proposition and lines out the contents of your business plan.
- Your organization: description of your business, who you are, what you offer as well as your goals.
- Employees: explains the key team-players taking part in your organization.
- Your customers: explains the customer trends and behaviour, as well as marketing, sales and pricing strategy.
- Your market: explains your market, your competitors and how you will defy the competition.
- Financial forecasting: all the financial information relevant to your organization- if it is a business plan used for fundraising, then funding requirements will have to be added here.
(This business plan sequence mentioned above is not one set in stone. This is a sample sequence to get an idea of how a startup business plan should be structured.)
How long does the startup business plan need to be?
There is not a standard length to follow, as it does vary depending on the purpose of the business plan (Should this be for your organization itself or for potential investors). Nevertheless, the key ideas to keep in mind as you build your startup business plan are the following:
- Keep it brief: Don’t write pages worth of redundant explanations. Get to the point.
- Be thorough enough: Convey all your ideas, but do this coherently.
- Try to be unique: Set yourself apart from your competitors.
Does the startup business plan ever change?
Your startup business plan template should constantly be updated. As your startup will experience different phases, the conditions can change and so will your strategies. For that reason, you should update the business plan when you see potential problems, update it with new strategies and further help measure your progress.
Where can I find a sample of a startup business plan template to customize?
For startup business plan templates, have a look through the catalog of tools below. There is a wide variety of startup business plan templates that are either general or dedicated to your very own type of business, so you can better run your business day to day.
Some interesting links to look at for further information on Startup Business plan templates are the following:
- To-the-point business plan format methodology aimed at 15-20 slide length.525 remove_red_eye71
How to write the Perfect Executive SummaryAn overview of the key elements for an efficient executive summary to investors.153 remove_red_eye19
Startup Business Plan TemplateSample Business Plan Template approved by Experts.78 remove_red_eye9
Sample Executive Summary for InvestorsBusiness plan executive summary for first introduction to investors.252 remove_red_eye35
Sample Business Plan for StartupsSample business plan illustrating required key points, using Startup Professionals as the example.743 remove_red_eye135
The Early Stage Business Plan template for Disruptive e-CommercesA How-to-Build a Seed to Series A Business Plan tool alongside an excel template for you to build upon.231 remove_red_eye39
How to Write a Summary Business PlanThe Essential Pieces and Some Tips on how to write a summary business plan63 remove_red_eye13freeby Suman Jung
How to Craft a Perfect Business Plan6 Key Elements to a perfect Business Plan/Executive Summary that will give a thorough overview to your business.43 remove_red_eye8freeby Trey Bowles
How to build a successful Business Plan: Top 10 Do’sTop 10 Do’s and Dont's when drafting a Business Plan for your Investors during your fundraising47 remove_red_eye7
How to build a successful Business Plan: Top 10 Don'tsTop 10 Dont's when drafting a Business Plan for your Investors during your fundraising27 remove_red_eye4
How to build a good business plan: 11 Key Elements11 Key Elements that are included in a good business plan for your management team, fundraising needs and investors19 remove_red_eye4
Business Plan ChecklistBusiness Plan Checklist Approved by Experts29 remove_red_eye5
How to write a Business Plan for Your App StartupFor people in the second camp- people writing a business plan for investors.30 remove_red_eye7freeby App Partner
How to Write a Business Plan: The Complete Step-by-Step GuideStep-by-step guide to help you achieve the right content and balance in your Business Plan.New!1
How to Format a Business Plan8 tips to learn how to format your business plan to raise money, guide your team, and set strategies for growth.New!1
How to Write a One-Page Business PlanLearn how to write a one-page startup business plan with these easy-to implement experience based suggestions.New!1
How to Start a Business TODAY for (Almost) Nothing - The Ultimate GuideA 10 step methodology with tips to start your business very quickly and for almost nothing.New!Like!freeby Yuri Kruman
Create an Enchanting Business PlanHere is some advice on writing a great business plan at high level.New!Like!freeby Guy Kawasaki
- Have a Startup Business Plan Template?
Your Startup Business Plan TemplatePublish your template
Any questions on Startup Business Plans?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!