- Finance & Accounting
- Balance Sheet
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections
- Hedge Fund
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- Startup KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Legal & HR
Investment Banking models
What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking is a very specific type of banking that creates capital for businesses, governments and other entities. It endorses new debt and equity securities for every type of business, helps with sales of securities and aids businesses carry out mergers and acquisitions. Investment banks also give guidance on the issue and placement of stock to issuers.
What do Investment Bankers really do?
Investment bankers do many things, from front office to back office work to helping companies with mergers and acquisitions. Here is a brief breakdown of investment banking roles:
• Raising capital and Security Underwriting – investment banks act as middlemen between businesses that want to issue new securities and the buying public. For example, if a company wanted to issue new bonds, they would hire the services of an investment bank, so that they can calculate the value and risk of the issuing of new bonds.
• M&As – the advisory services provided by investment banks relates to several aspects of the sale and acquisition of businesses or assets such as negotiation, pricing, valuation etc.
• Sales & Trading and Equity Research – the investment bank matches up buyers and sellers and uses their own account to buy and sell securities to carry out the trading of securities. This then creates a market for this security, thus providing liquidity and prices for investors.
• Retail Brokerage and Commercial Banking – here, customers are individual investors rather than a larger corporate investor. Investment banks can offer the services of insurers, commercial banks and security brokerages.
• Front Office and Back Office – investment banks can be separated into front, middle and back offices. Each of these sectors are very different from one another but still play a vital role in ensuring the bank runs smoothly.
What are the Models associated with Investment Banking?
Investment banking uses financial models to advise their clients. Financial modeling is the process whereby a real world financial situation is represented on a model. The model forecasts how much cash flow a project is expected to make.
The types of financial models are:
• Comparable Company Analysis Model
• Mergers and Acquisitions Model
Furthermore, there are many other types of financial models such as the budget model and initial public offering model (IPO), but the four models stated are the most common.
Most popular models
Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) Valuation Excel ModelAn Excel Model to value firms with operating income that is either positive or can be normalized to be positive.1,399 remove_red_eye
Excel Revolving Credit Calculator for annual modelsAn automatic excel algebraic approach for revolving loan facility in annual financial models (no macro & circular links)1,104 remove_red_eyefreeby Ivan Klykov
Colgate Financial Model (Unsolved & Solved Versions)A full financial model ready to be adapted to any other company + a blank template538 remove_red_eye
CEQ Method Valuation ModelValuation by the CEQ Method based on Discrete Scenario Cash Flow Forecast1,051 remove_red_eyefreeby Kevin Hanley
All in One Private Equity ModelUsed by Investment Professionals at Private Equity and IB Firms3,160 remove_red_eye$180.00by John Swan
Saudi Cement Financial ModelThis model shows that you can make a reasonable simple model from the data in TAWDAL358 remove_red_eye
Three-Stage Dividend Discount ModelValue the equity in a firm with three stages of growth1,169 remove_red_eye
Two-Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity (FCFE) Discount ModelValue the equity in a firm with two stages of growth730 remove_red_eye
Beta Calculation WorksheetCompute the Beta needed for your CAPM as to calculate the expected return of a company's share256 remove_red_eye
LBO Financial Model Excel Template (Illustrative)LBO (Leveraged Buyout) financial model for private companies (clean, simple, functional, and reusable template).122 remove_red_eye$100.00by Karl Schopf
LBO model - Leveraged Buyout AnalysisA step by step LBO model tutorial. It is easy to use and we provide support if needed. Have fun modeling!6,564 remove_red_eye
Modeler - convert a financial model into an AppThis tool is used to convert any financial model into a dynamic app using only Excel and Powerpoint.771 remove_red_eyefreeby Lance Rubin
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.4,025 remove_red_eye
Leveraged Buyout LBO ModelA fully customizable excel LBO model to assess the debt level your firm can take in a deal & expected investor returns2,586 remove_red_eyefreeby Firmex
Real Estate Excel ModelA Real Estate Financial Model where new property owners purchase their houses outright2,447 remove_red_eye
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.1,234 remove_red_eye
- Have an Investment Banking Excel Model?
Your Investment Banking ModelPublish your model
Any questions on Investment Banking?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!