- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- Startup KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
Investment Banking models
What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking is a very specific type of banking that creates capital for businesses, governments and other entities. It endorses new debt and equity securities for every type of business, helps with sales of securities and aids businesses carry out mergers and acquisitions. Investment banks also give guidance on the issue and placement of stock to issuers.
What do Investment Bankers really do?
Investment bankers do many things, from front office to back office work to helping companies with mergers and acquisitions. Here is a brief breakdown of investment banking roles:
• Raising capital and Security Underwriting – investment banks act as middlemen between businesses that want to issue new securities and the buying public. For example, if a company wanted to issue new bonds, they would hire the services of an investment bank, so that they can calculate the value and risk of the issuing of new bonds.
• M&As – the advisory services provided by investment banks relates to several aspects of the sale and acquisition of businesses or assets such as negotiation, pricing, valuation etc.
• Sales & Trading and Equity Research – the investment bank matches up buyers and sellers and uses their own account to buy and sell securities to carry out the trading of securities. This then creates a market for this security, thus providing liquidity and prices for investors.
• Retail Brokerage and Commercial Banking – here, customers are individual investors rather than a larger corporate investor. Investment banks can offer the services of insurers, commercial banks and security brokerages.
• Front Office and Back Office – investment banks can be separated into front, middle and back offices. Each of these sectors are very different from one another but still play a vital role in ensuring the bank runs smoothly.
What are the Models associated with Investment Banking?
Investment banking uses financial models to advise their clients. Financial modeling is the process whereby a real world financial situation is represented on a model. The model forecasts how much cash flow a project is expected to make.
The types of financial models are:
• Comparable Company Analysis Model
• Mergers and Acquisitions Model
Furthermore, there are many other types of financial models such as the budget model and initial public offering model (IPO), but the four models stated are the most common.
- Excel portfolio tracking and valuation allows the ongoing tracking of the performance of financial investment portfoliosNew!$22.00by Business Spreadsheets
Business Valuation Excel Model with Pro-Forma Financial StatementsThe business valuation model provides an accurate and robust financial reporting structure to value proposed investments21 remove_red_eye$26.00by Business Spreadsheets
Investment Banking Resume Template (Word Format)Resume template for aspiring Investment Banking Analysts17 remove_red_eye
All in One Private Equity ModelUsed by Investment Professionals at Private Equity and IB Firms3,953 remove_red_eye$180.00by John Swan
LBO model - Leveraged Buyout AnalysisA step by step LBO model tutorial. It is easy to use and we provide support if needed. Have fun modeling!9,468 remove_red_eye
Investment Banking Spark Financial ModelProfessional investment-banking financial model, made easy by step by step instructions and video tutorial138 remove_red_eye$65.00by David Liu
LBO Financial Model Template (Detailed)LBO (Leveraged Buyout) financial model for private companies (clean, simple, functional, and reusable template).352 remove_red_eye$300.00by Karl Schopf
Free Cash Flow (FCFF) TemplateCompute the FCFF for a firm through three different methods (EBIT, EBITDA and Net Income)250 remove_red_eye
LBO Financial Model Excel Template (Illustrative)LBO (Leveraged Buyout) financial model for private companies (clean, simple, functional, and reusable template).267 remove_red_eye$100.00by Karl Schopf
Capital Budgeting Analysis Excel ModelThis Excel Model allows you to do a basic capital budgeting analysis for a project, and compute NPV, IRR and ROI1,634 remove_red_eye
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Excel ModelThis DCF Excel Model provides a rough guide to which discounted cash flow model may be best suited to your firm.1,022 remove_red_eye
Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) Valuation Excel ModelAn Excel Model to value firms with operating income that is either positive or can be normalized to be positive.1,535 remove_red_eye
Merger Synergy Valuation Excel ModelThis Excel Model estimates the value of synergy in a merger.1,206 remove_red_eye
Gordon Growth Excel ModelAn Excel Valuation Model to value the equity in a stable firm paying dividends, with stable growth592 remove_red_eye
FCFF (Free Cash Flow for the Firm) Excel Model with exposure to country riskAn Excel FCFF Model allowing the user to enter a measure of company exposure to country risk when making a valuation547 remove_red_eye
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.4,927 remove_red_eye
- Have an Investment Banking Excel Model?
Your Investment Banking ModelPublish your model
Any questions on Investment Banking?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!