- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Financial Markets
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- Startup KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Legal & HR
Investment Banking models
What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking is a very specific type of banking that creates capital for businesses, governments and other entities. It endorses new debt and equity securities for every type of business, helps with sales of securities and aids businesses carry out mergers and acquisitions. Investment banks also give guidance on the issue and placement of stock to issuers.
What do Investment Bankers really do?
Investment bankers do many things, from front office to back office work to helping companies with mergers and acquisitions. Here is a brief breakdown of investment banking roles:
• Raising capital and Security Underwriting – investment banks act as middlemen between businesses that want to issue new securities and the buying public. For example, if a company wanted to issue new bonds, they would hire the services of an investment bank, so that they can calculate the value and risk of the issuing of new bonds.
• M&As – the advisory services provided by investment banks relates to several aspects of the sale and acquisition of businesses or assets such as negotiation, pricing, valuation etc.
• Sales & Trading and Equity Research – the investment bank matches up buyers and sellers and uses their own account to buy and sell securities to carry out the trading of securities. This then creates a market for this security, thus providing liquidity and prices for investors.
• Retail Brokerage and Commercial Banking – here, customers are individual investors rather than a larger corporate investor. Investment banks can offer the services of insurers, commercial banks and security brokerages.
• Front Office and Back Office – investment banks can be separated into front, middle and back offices. Each of these sectors are very different from one another but still play a vital role in ensuring the bank runs smoothly.
What are the Models associated with Investment Banking?
Investment banking uses financial models to advise their clients. Financial modeling is the process whereby a real world financial situation is represented on a model. The model forecasts how much cash flow a project is expected to make.
The types of financial models are:
• Comparable Company Analysis Model
• Mergers and Acquisitions Model
Furthermore, there are many other types of financial models such as the budget model and initial public offering model (IPO), but the four models stated are the most common.
- A step by step LBO model tutorial. It is easy to use and we provide support if needed. Have fun modeling!9,468 remove_red_eye
Merger & LBO Model Valuation ExcelThis LBO model in excel analyzes the value of equity and the firm in a leveraged buyout operation.4,927 remove_red_eye
Commercial Real Estate Financial ModelCompute a Commercial Real Estate Valuation and Financial Feasibility of your Investment Project - excel model3,487 remove_red_eyefreeby Will Ferrigno
Leveraged Buyout LBO ModelA fully customizable excel LBO model to assess the debt level your firm can take in a deal & expected investor returns3,202 remove_red_eyefreeby Firmex
Leveraged Buyout LBO Model TemplateA full Leveraged Buyout LBO model template for a project to understand its different components and work with your own.2,798 remove_red_eye
Real Estate Excel ModelA Real Estate Financial Model where new property owners purchase their houses outright3,000 remove_red_eye
Combination ModelA 22 section excel model to assess the impact on the financials of the combination of companies2,270 remove_red_eye
Leveraged Buyout LBO Model - DCFA comprehensive LBO model in excel of business acquisition1,815 remove_red_eyefreeby Amit Tandon
Free Cash Flow for the Firm (FCFF) Valuation Excel ModelAn Excel Model to value firms with operating income that is either positive or can be normalized to be positive.1,535 remove_red_eye
Real Estate Property Cashflow AnalyzerHelps evaluate the characteristics of a property’s cashflow along with some explanations of the derived values.1,520 remove_red_eye
Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model (Academic Quality)A simple DCF model serving as an academic exercise to understand how financial modeling works.1,232 remove_red_eyefreeby Joshua Wong
Merger Synergy Valuation Excel ModelThis Excel Model estimates the value of synergy in a merger.1,206 remove_red_eye
Excel Revolving Credit Calculator for annual modelsAn automatic excel algebraic approach for revolving loan facility in annual financial models (no macro & circular links)1,378 remove_red_eyefreeby Ivan Klykov
Capital Budgeting Analysis Excel ModelThis Excel Model allows you to do a basic capital budgeting analysis for a project, and compute NPV, IRR and ROI1,634 remove_red_eye
Terminal Value Calculation Excel TemplateCompute the Terminal Value of a stock (Perpetuity and Exit Multiple Methods) with this excel spreadsheet2,379 remove_red_eye
Modeler - convert a financial model into an AppThis tool is used to convert any financial model into a dynamic app using only Excel and Powerpoint.962 remove_red_eyefreeby Lance Rubin
- Have an Investment Banking Excel Model?
Your Investment Banking ModelPublish your model
Any questions on Investment Banking?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!