- Automotive Business
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Financial Models
- Black-Scholes -
- Capital Budgeting
- Cash Burn Rates
- Cash Flow
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Analysis
- Debt Schedule
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Economic Value Added
- Excel Add-Ins
- Excel VBA
- Financial Markets
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Projections -
- Hedge Fund
- Healthcare Financials
- Hotel Financial Models
- Income Statement
- Industry Specific Financial Models
- Investment Banking
- Inventory Management
- IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- IT (Information Technology) Business
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Loan Amortization
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- ModelOff Samples
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mining Financials
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Oil & Gas
- Options Pricing & Valuation
- Personal Finance
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Renewable Energy Financials
- Restaurant Finance
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Retail Finance
- Shipping Financials
- Scenario Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Stock Valuation
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Valuation Models
- Variance Analysis
- Venture Capital
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Wealth Management
- Ansoff Matrix
- Balanced Scorecard
- BCG Growth-Share Matrix
- Business Model Canvas -
- Business Plans
- Competitor Analysis
- Consulting Proposals
- Due Diligence
- Executive Summary
- Heat Maps
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Management Consulting
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
- Market Sizing
- Nine-Box Matrix
- PEST & PESTEL Analysis
- Sales -
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Waterfall Charts
- Cohort Analysis
- Design Thinking Process
- E-Commerce Financial Models
- Growth Hacking
- Lean Startup
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Mobile App Finance
- Raising Capital
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Startup Boards
- Startup Business Plans
- Startup Cap Tables
- Startup Financial Models
- Startup Investors
- KPI Dashboards
- Startup Lifestyle
- Startup Pitch Decks
- Startup Studios
- Startup Valuation
- Leadership & HR
KPI Dashboard templates
What is a KPI dashboard?
A Key Performance indicator dashboard collects, groups, organizes and visualizes an organization’s important metrics. In this way, KPI reporting serves multiple purposes within a firm.
But what are KPIs exactly?
KPIs or Key Performance indicators are ways to periodically assess the performance of an organization, business unit, a division or employees. They commonly serve the purpose of being understandable, meaningful, and measurable.
Hence, KPI reporting is ultimately used by different parties to evaluate the effectiveness of a firm at reaching its targets.
But why is a Startup KPI Dashboard useful?
• A KPI dashboard provides a general overview of business performance and expected growth.
• KPI reporting enables organizations to access indicators, which support them in making informed decisions.
• A KPI provides real time information about the performance of a business. This enables them to know how effectively it is achieving business objectives at a given time period.
• KPI dashboards identify problem areas and help teams tackle specific problems. This is given that they are linked to target values, meaning that performance can be assessed.
How are key performance indicators chosen for a given dashboard?
Using the SMART approach. This means that the KPI must:
- Be Specific: serve a specific purpose for the firm.
- Be Measurable: needs to give a value.
- Be Achievable: the defined norms for the KPI need to achievable.
- Be Relevant: needs to be relevant to the long-term goals of the firm.
- Be Time-Phased: the output should be based on a pre-defined and relevant period.
What are the different types of a KPI Dashboard?
Firstly, it is crucial to differentiate the types of KPIs. There exists high-level KPIs, which focus on the overall performance of the business, while low-level KPIs, focus on department process.
Also, not all key performance indicators are financial. They can also be non-financial meaning that they focus rather on customers and employees; for example, employee turnover.
For this reason, there exists different types of KPI dashboards that depend on the aims of the party utilizing it. A few examples are the following:
- • CEO/Executive KPI dashboard: an aggregated overview of a company’s performance and profitability. This would include sensitive KPIs, that would only be accessible to high-level executives.
- • Project management KPI Dashboard: reflects the performance of employees in a project as well as the performance of the project itself. It is aimed at keeping everyone aware of the achievements and the goals yet to be achieved.
- • Marketing KPI dashboard: reflects the digital marketing metrics of the organization, and provides an overview of the marketing team’s performance
- • Sales KPI dashboard: reflects the performance of the sales department. This helps sales managers visualize how each salesperson performs, how much income can be expected from new deals as well as depicting when marketing campaigns need to be addressed.
You don’t necessarily need to build your own dashboard from step 0. The Eloquens catalogue provides you with both KPI dashboard templates and KPI guides for creating your dashboard, which you can customize to your firm.
Also, if you’d like more information on KPI dashboards and KPI reporting, have a look at the links below:
- This step-by-step method teaches the valuable skill of dashboard creation, provided by CFI.34 remove_red_eyefreeby CFI
Finance KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis Finance KPI Dashboard is brilliant for evaluating a business's financial model.181 remove_red_eye
OKR, PPP and KPI manager Excel Model for small startup teamsThis guide and spreadsheet is to help teams of up to 20 members manage their KPIs, OKRs, & PPPs.688 remove_red_eye
Social Media Excel DashboardThis Social media KPI dashboard displays a range of online metrics (actual v plan v prior ) in a clear succinct summary.314 remove_red_eye$99.00by Marcus Small
The Ultimate Business KPI Dashboard BundleThis exemplary financial dashboard bundle includes 8 top-tier business dashboards, ready-to-use, for your organisation.246 remove_red_eye
KPI Tracking Excel TemplateA template that shows some structured columns about sales of various skus and how that can be used for KPI tracking.494 remove_red_eyefreeby Jason Varner
Digital Marketing KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis Digital Marketing KPI Dashboard is a great tool for producing digestible reports on marketing campaigns.75 remove_red_eye
General Management KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis KPI dashboard is an effective tool that can be used to measure the performance of your business' management.344 remove_red_eye
Human Resources (HR) KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis KPI dashboard offers a detailed and effective tool to monitor the performance of your HR department.126 remove_red_eye
Marketing KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis Marketing KPI Dashboard efficiently analyses the performance of your company's marketing campaigns.35 remove_red_eye
Project Management KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis Project Management KPI Dashboard is great for analysing the performances of projects.228 remove_red_eye
Sales KPI Dashboard Excel TemplateThis KPI dashboard is a detailed, ready-to-use tool to help successfully monitor the performance of your sales team.120 remove_red_eye
Dashboard Design in Excel - The Complete CourseThe complete, comprehensive course for dashboard design in Excel.1,425 remove_red_eye
Traffic Light Excel DashboardThis Excel doc. is a dashboard with great aesthetics.417 remove_red_eye
Corporate Summary Excel DashboardA succinct Corporate Summary Excel dashboard report which displays a range of organisational metrics (actual vs plan).517 remove_red_eye
Infographics in Excel CourseLearn how to design and layout an Excel infographic which is easy to update and looks amazing.76 remove_red_eye$60.00by Marcus Small
- Have an Excel KPI Dashboard to share?
Your Startup KPI Dashboard TemplatePublish your dashboard
Lifetime Value (LTV)
Startup Financial Models
Industry Specific Financial Models
Any questions on KPI Dashboards?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!