Startup KPI Dashboard templates
What is a Startup KPI dashboard?
A Key Performance indicator dashboard collects, groups, organizes and visualizes an organization’s important metrics. In this way, KPI reporting serves multiple purposes within a firm.
But what are KPIs exactly?
KPIs or Key Performance indicators are ways to periodically assess the performance of an organization, business unit, a division or employees. They commonly serve the purpose of being understandable, meaningful, and measurable.
Hence, KPI reporting is ultimately used by different parties to evaluate the effectiveness of a firm at reaching its targets.
But why is a Startup KPI Dashboard useful?
• A KPI dashboard provides a general overview of business performance and expected growth.
• KPI reporting enables organizations to access indicators, which support them in making informed decisions.
• A KPI provides real time information about the performance of a business. This enables them to know how effectively it is achieving business objectives at a given time period.
• KPI dashboards identify problem areas and help teams tackle specific problems. This is given that they are linked to target values, meaning that performance can be assessed.
How are key performance indicators chosen for a given dashboard?
Using the SMART approach. This means that the KPI must:
- Be Specific: serve a specific purpose for the firm.
- Be Measurable: needs to give a value.
- Be Achievable: the defined norms for the KPI need to achievable.
- Be Relevant: needs to be relevant to the long-term goals of the firm.
- Be Time-Phased: the output should be based on a pre-defined and relevant period.
What are the different types of a KPI Dashboard?
Firstly, it is crucial to differentiate the types of KPIs. There exists high-level KPIs, which focus on the overall performance of the business, while low-level KPIs, focus on department process.
Also, not all key performance indicators are financial. They can also be non-financial meaning that they focus rather on customers and employees; for example, employee turnover.
For this reason, there exists different types of KPI dashboards that depend on the aims of the party utilizing it. A few examples are the following:
- • CEO/Executive KPI dashboard: an aggregated overview of a company’s performance and profitability. This would include sensitive KPIs, that would only be accessible to high-level executives.
- • Project management KPI Dashboard: reflects the performance of employees in a project as well as the performance of the project itself. It is aimed at keeping everyone aware of the achievements and the goals yet to be achieved.
- • Marketing KPI dashboard: reflects the digital marketing metrics of the organization, and provides an overview of the marketing team’s performance
- • Sales KPI dashboard: reflects the performance of the sales department. This helps sales managers visualize how each salesperson performs, how much income can be expected from new deals as well as depicting when marketing campaigns need to be addressed.
You don’t necessarily need to build your own dashboard from step 0. The Eloquens catalogue provides you with both Startup KPI dashboard templates and KPI guides for creating your dashboard, which you can customize to your firm.
Also, if you’d like more information on KPI dashboards and KPI reporting, have a look at the links below:
- A standard SaaS reporting excel template for entrepreneurs to customize.465 remove_red_eyefreeby Amit Karp
SaaS Metrics DashboardA simple KPI sheet for early-stage SaaS startups with a low-touch sales model.750 remove_red_eye
Social Media Metrics Excel DashboardAn excel template for employees to understand the performance of social media channels for their organisation.728 remove_red_eye
SaaS Model & KPIsA simple model to define and track your key metrics as a SaaS Startup470 remove_red_eyefreeby Ryan Carson
SaaS Metrics 2.0 DashboardA dashboard to help founders manage their SaaS business959 remove_red_eyefreeby David Skok
SaaS Cohort Analysis ModelA simple cohort analysis spreadsheet to understand how you are doing on your KPIs (Churn, Customer Lifetime etc.)218 remove_red_eye
SaaS Venture DashboardAn operational dashboard to help drive your SaaS business and the associated methodology164 remove_red_eye
The Complete Guide to SaaS MetricsFind out what are the must-have metrics each SaaS company should track + how to calculate them163 remove_red_eyefreeby Alex Flom
Sample Investor Monthly Report TemplateReport on your progress to investors using the monthly report template.170 remove_red_eye
Cohort Analysis in 3 minutes: an Excel exampleA simple step-by-step explanation of how to do cohort analysis.256 remove_red_eyefreeby Daisy Deng
A Beginner's Guide to KPIsA guide to today's most prominent and commonly used KPIs for businesses.99 remove_red_eye
The Marketer’s Guide to KPIsUse these marketing KPIs and metrics to ensure your team performs to its full potential.79 remove_red_eye
Beginners Guide to Business DashboardsA guide to understand the need for, features, types and preparation of dashboards.73 remove_red_eye
Sales Leader's Guide to KPIsVarious sales KPIs and other metrics in a sales dashboard to keep your sales team on top of its game.97 remove_red_eye
Marketplace KPI Excel DashboardDesigned to evaluate a marketplace organisation's performance.305 remove_red_eyefreeby Version One
SaaS Bookings to KPI Dashboard AutomationEasily Transform Bookings Data into a KPI Dashboard112 remove_red_eyefreeby Adam Jernigan
How to analyse your LTVYou Aren’t Ready For Paid Marketing Until You’ve Done Your LTV Analysis20 remove_red_eye
Cohort Analysis Calculation Excel ModelPerform an in depth cohort analysis, in 5 minutes, in 3 simple steps.97 remove_red_eye
How to Avoid making 3 Critical Mistakes when Calculating LTVThe top 3 reasons why the LTV calculation is inaccurate and how to address them30 remove_red_eyefreeby Jeff Bussgang
- Have an Excel KPI Dashboard to share?
Your Startup KPI Dashboard TemplatePublish your dashboard
Any questions on Startup KPI Dashboards?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!