- Valuation Models
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
- Private Equity
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Financial Markets
- Investment Banking
- Excel Add-Ins
- Stock Valuation
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Comparable Comps Analysis
- Three Statement Financial Models
- Hedge Fund Models
- Wealth Management
- Engineering & Tech
What are Sales?
Sales refer to the revenue earned when a company sells its goods, services, or other property. This is in accounting terms. In general business terms, sales more generally refer to a transaction and process in which money is exchanged for ownership of a good or a guarantee that a service will be carried out.
In order to have a valid sale:
- 1.Both the buyer and the seller must be competent enough to enter into a contract
- 2.Both parties must agree on the conditions of the sale
- 3.The good or service being sold must be transferrable
- 4.Money or value in return for the good or service paid or promised to be paid
The Difference between Sales and Marketing
- -The sales team makes the effort to actually collect the money.
- -The marketing team makes the effort to enable and facilitate the sale taking place.
The Sales Cycle
The sales cycle is the step-by-step process beginning with your first point of contact with a customer to closing the deal.
There are many ways of presenting The Sales Cycle, but we think Fits Small Business.com puts it quite nicely when they present it as so:
- 1.Initial contact: first email, call, meeting
- 2.Qualification: when you’ve established that this lead has potential
- 3.Presentation: when you’ve planned the date and time of your proposal
- 4.Evaluation: when you evaluate the customer’s concerns
- 5.Closing: when contract is signed or purchase is made
- 6.Ask for Referrals: when you ask the customer if it would be possible for them to recommend you to others
Keeping track, measuring contribution, and technique can sometimes prove difficult when it comes to sales. This category has been created to help you solve these problems.
If you’d like to read more on Sales, visit:
- ->The Sales Cycle: by FitsSmallBusiness
- ->The Importance of Sales in an Organization: by SmallBusiness Chron
- ->The Difference between Sales and Marketing activities: by Diffen
- Making your first sale is easier than many think, and it's feasible to start right now. Just follow these steps!18 remove_red_eye1freeby Mike Lingle
12 Ways to Get Local Sales for your SMEShort description of each method with key action tips. Simple Sales.26 remove_red_eyeLike!
Sales growth contributionProduce a bridge graph that shows your individual brands' contribution to overall sales growth.157 remove_red_eye22$10.00by WMI Consulting
Sales boostA graph to show your ambition of a radical boost in your strategy and growth objective.145 remove_red_eye18
Growth in the number of accountsGraphically depict the growth of your business113 remove_red_eye13$6.00by WMI Consulting
Sales Leader's Guide to KPIsVarious sales KPIs and other metrics in a sales dashboard to keep your sales team on top of its game.151 remove_red_eye17freeby KlipFolio
How to Earn Your First 100 CustomersLearns the 8 ways used by successful startups.60 remove_red_eye7freeby Dave Schools
Sales Pitch Deck GuidelinesHere’s the ultimate cheat sheet for a winning Sales Deck41 remove_red_eye4freeby Donna Griffit
How to Close Deals Without Coming Off as SalesyTips to having a more positive long run relationship with customers, instilling trust rather than sales into your brand.18 remove_red_eye3freeby Andrew Medal
How to Enchant Your Customer10 ways SMEs can charm their customers.New!Like!freeby Guy Kawasaki
How to Get Early Customers to Reply to Cold EmailsStep by Step guide + useful tips on how to get your first set of customers to respond to cold emails.New!Like!freeby Robert Graham
The Internet Email TemplateTemplate email memo to use for internal emailing in your startup.New!Like!
How To Sell AnythingNoah Kagan explains how to sell anything using 3 simple rules.New!Like!freeby Noah Kagan
How To Get More ClientsAdam Erhart explains in a simple 7 step process how you can obtain more customers for your business.New!Like!freeby Adam Erhart
How To Create a Sales PlanTeaching you how to define your sales process and put an effective sales programme into action.New!Like!freeby Victor Holman
How to Create a Sales and Business Development StrategyKrista Jones gives presentation on developing a sales & business development strategy for B2B businesses.New!Like!
How to Build a Chatbot for Facebook and Your WebsiteJohn Lincoln, CEO of Ignite Visibility, explains how you can build a chatbot for your website or for your Facebook.New!Like!
- Have a Sales Tool to share?
Your Sales ToolPublish your tool
Any questions on Sales?
The user community is here to help. Go ahead!